Author Topic: Little change in "Keep your recipients confidential"  (Read 2917 times)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
This is my first thread on development board, so if I'm doing things wrong please tell me and I'll try my best to correct the mistake.

When you send a message to a large group of people (specifically to all realm, but I figure that it also works in other cases) you get the chance of bribing the messenger so he doesn't tell you about the other receivers of the same letter. This leads me to think that the intention is to make appear the letter as a personal one, however, there is a slight difference between the two: when you read a real personal letter, under the sender you can read "personal message from Kepler", whereas on the bribe case nothing appears. There is also the difference between the side line at the left of the letter, which real personal letters have and the false ones not.

If I have understood properly the intention of this feature, would it not make more sense to make both letters equal when displayed for reading? I know that it is also strange to send a personal letter ambiguous enough to fit several characters, but hey, it's the price you have to pay for it. This comes primarily from the conspiration feeling that usually comes associated with the "hide recipients" stuff, which if made more difficult to distinguish could perhaps encourage its use in certain situations.

I do not know if I have made my point clear enough, as I have a light headache because of the latter days (well, perhaps I should say nights) In any case, thanks for the time and forgive the long paragraphs!
D'Espana Family