Author Topic: Failure to abide by Magistrate Verdict, Round 3  (Read 12603 times)

Chaotrance13

Out-of-Character from Caeranor Saegarus Griffirtaen   (49 minutes ago)

Message sent to everyone in your realm (54 recipients)

Yeah and you know what, I Am Not A !@#$ing Saxon OR a Clanner OR Any Other Bull!@#$.

The fact I was arbitrarily thrown out of Fontan simply for playing there LONG before the Saxon crap on Dwilight doesn't seem to matter. I've actually emialled Tom about this because I'm sick of it. I sent Caeranor back to Fontan after being deported because I don't accept being spontaneously !@#$ed over by the OOC Forum Committee, and have my own personal roleplay shat on.  Malenard left Perdan for Fontan when Perdan was all but dead, and then he died there. Caeranor is his son and went to Fontan to find his father's legacy. Now he's come back to where he was raised.

The fact the last time I was deported out of spite the other week, when Fontan was already dead, and therefore all the made up charges about there being a clan totally irrelevant is nothing short of a joke. The ruling said people were deported for playing in Fontan, nothing about banning me from the continent or any realm.

So no, I won't suffer your OOC ruin my game experience tyranny any longer.

Joseph Lant

This is the letter that the defendant sent to the nobles in Perdan earlier - just to help with referencing. If we're still discussing the point about his supposed lack of respect for verdicts and the Magistrates themselves - well, it's there. While there's nothing in the judgements about not being allowed on EC, the guy calls the Magistrate system the "OOC Forum Committee" and has no respect for them or the two verdicts they've handed out. I would go so far as to say he's doing this because he sees the verdicts as "OOC ruin your game tyranny".

I should also note that having re-read the two verdicts again, the deal with time limits and numbers of players returning was never set down in stone. It's still only a proposal. Unless I'm missing something, the only references I see to it is Tom's original case that he brought to the Magistrates, and the people that quote the line. Nothing in the verdicts.

egamma

This is the letter that the defendant sent to the nobles in Perdan earlier - just to help with referencing. If we're still discussing the point about his supposed lack of respect for verdicts and the Magistrates themselves - well, it's there. While there's nothing in the judgements about not being allowed on EC, the guy calls the Magistrate system the "OOC Forum Committee" and has no respect for them or the two verdicts they've handed out. I would go so far as to say he's doing this because he sees the verdicts as "OOC ruin your game tyranny".

I should also note that having re-read the two verdicts again, the deal with time limits and numbers of players returning was never set down in stone. It's still only a proposal. Unless I'm missing something, the only references I see to it is Tom's original case that he brought to the Magistrates, and the people that quote the line. Nothing in the verdicts.

Ravier, I read that a little bit differently. I think he means that the people making accusations against him are the OOC Forum Committee.

We could ask him to clarify, of course.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Ravier, I read that a little bit differently. I think he means that the people making accusations against him are the OOC Forum Committee.

We could ask him to clarify, of course.

Would there be a point in doing so?

egamma

Would there be a point in doing so?

Er...no, it's not relevant to the case.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
<start of semi offtopic>
Hmm... Sooo, if I delete my KK character and re-create him, i will have again 8 hours per turn instead of 4-5...

* jaune has POWERGAMER glaze on his eyes...
</end of semi offtopic>
~Violence is always an option!~

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
<start of semi offtopic>
Hmm... Sooo, if I delete my KK character and re-create him, i will have again 8 hours per turn instead of 4-5...

* jaune has POWERGAMER glaze on his eyes...
</end of semi offtopic>

Completely off topic. In no way relevant.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Completely off topic. In no way relevant.

...You saw the part where it said the comment was from jaune, right?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Opps, was gonna reply with strong words to the offtopic post, then realized jaune.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
well, it is kind of only semi off topic. Is it ok, to delete character, and bring it back as new one? It is prolly a bit spinoff this topic... but i guess thats something what should be also take account. If you delete your char, you get riddoff bans, fines etc. It is IMHO abuse of the game mechanism.

-
~Violence is always an option!~

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
well, it is kind of only semi off topic. Is it ok, to delete character, and bring it back as new one? It is prolly a bit spinoff this topic... but i guess thats something what should be also take account. If you delete your char, you get riddoff bans, fines etc. It is IMHO abuse of the game mechanism.
I don't know if I would say its ok because of this but they also lose all there honor and prestige so its not without a price.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Agreed, but really we've all seen it happen once or twice and I guess some religion may believe in reincarnation? Yet, I think in this case it's clearly abuse trying to get out of everything by doing it.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
...You saw the part where it said the comment was from jaune, right?

Untill today i'd not heard the name before

Recreating the character looses all your characters honour, prestige, gold, titles, IC reputation and leaks some gold from the family wealth onto your noble. Its fairly obvious that removing any bans and fines from the character is not relevant and this was done without a doubt to get round the emmigration mechanic.. which honestly since the player hasn't been able to play his character for well over a moth because of deportations I really wouldn't bother objecting to it

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
If the character is deleted and another one started with the same name then it is not the same character. Just needs the people they interact with to stand together and refuse to accept them as being the same character (if that's what the player tries to do with them...)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

House Talratheon

• Knight
    • View Profile
Anyone seen the movie called the Crucible?

This seems to be spiraling into that direction. Someone has been branded a "Saxon" and suddenly the player is unwelcome in nearly all aspects of game play and mind you not because of something he did but because of his label. We as players must be willing to forgive, it happened and judgement was passed in the past now while he was branded a member of the Saxon clan he alone is not a clan, he is an individual now if the case came along where he and five of his business suddenly emigrated to the same realm, then at that point you could consider a possible clan junction.

I personally feel as if the fear is unfounded, the accusation and the demand both unreasonable and not only unreasonable but anti-community, we are after all players of one large game that requires all of our participation to enjoy.

Furthermore on the discussion of clans every realm, every single one has a small clan within it's leadership it's psychologically inevitable it's why Generals, Bankers, Rulers, Judges remain the same people thought out the course or a majority of the course of the realms existence. People work together, familiarize among one another creating a social circle and degree of familiarity they are are comfortable with. As time goes by they speak among one another outside of the game, tell jokes, talk about other realms and slowly but surely even if unknown to themselves become a clan, as they expand and one of them decides to no longer sit in a position of power they still remain within the circle but allow another in it.

Its's the inevitable social construction, so in closing. Simply being a clan should not be illegal as it was stated earlier but it should only be illegal if that clan through it's actions as Tom stated "to play the game as you would play a board game with good friends, and to value fair play above any victory or power." The concept of roleplay people often forget is while the player is invincible and receives no harm in the bout of role playing (unless a fellow player at a D&D gathering throws a d20 in your eye....) the character is not, I always follow the rule of "!@#$ happens" when role playing, characters are not meant to ever die an epic death, outlive all his friends, or save the world from evil or get the girl or for some a guy at the end. Sometimes they get hit by a bus, trampled by a stray horse, catch tuberculosis,  die of a nick that got infected or catch a STD. You won't always win and that is where the greatest of fun sits, to try and achieve greatness in the face of adversity and through ambition of others however it should be done fairly. So that others may commit to the same ideals of fun and adventure yet "fairly"

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
No, not at all.  The subject at hand is someone was punished, ignored that punishment once, and then circumvented that punishment.