Author Topic: "Elves"?  (Read 24397 times)

Zakilevo

Re: "Elves"?
« Reply #15: August 07, 2012, 09:57:40 PM »
10 years in the same realm... that is really something...to be awed about.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 07, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
Don't happen to have Gregor's actual creation date in the DB do we =)

Hm. That's interesting. According to the DB, he was created on 28 Apr 2002, but his character ID is actually quite a bit higher than Circle's...not sure how that happened.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 07, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »
Easy, he emigrated after Ibladesh lost the war against Ubent and Perdan.  He then later moved back to Fontan.  The old ID wasn't saved for him so he got a new one.

And that's def. not his creation date.  Ah well.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 08, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »
From what I remember you had to have your family born in Sirion to be a actual Elf. Otherwise you were considered half-elf or human, at least thats what I was told back then when "Orcs" still existed. I thought their were some exceptions if the person rped his way into being seen as a elf.  I only recognize those who say they are elves as elves everyone else is umm well not elf.

Haha, remember someone attempted to create dwarves mm Lighting bolt came down on that real quick. I don't think that was EI though
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 08, 2012, 05:49:16 AM »
From what I remember you had to have your family born in Sirion to be a actual Elf. Otherwise you were considered half-elf or human, at least thats what I was told back then when "Orcs" still existed. I thought their were some exceptions if the person rped his way into being seen as a elf.  I only recognize those who say they are elves as elves everyone else is umm well not elf.

Haha, remember someone attempted to create dwarves mm Lighting bolt came down on that real quick. I don't think that was EI though

Not quite the same rule. When BM transitioned to a Human characters only game Tom needed a way to handle the elves. Instead of just telling everyone they were human and invalidating long RP histories any character that was RP'd as a elf was allowed to remain so, so long as they remained within Sirion. The general interpretation was that this meant no new characters could be elf and they would eventually die off. From what I understand the general player base in Sirion ignores this and there are still "elves" a plenty.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #20: August 08, 2012, 05:53:58 AM »
There are no hard and fast rules. Basically, we ignore them as long as they stay in Sirion. People who try to start up new inhuman races somewhere else are generally laughed about.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 08, 2012, 09:38:18 AM »
Records indicate Circle was created in late 2002.

In fact, the character will be 10 years old in exactly 9 days. Someone might want to let his player know; them's bragging rights, right there!

I'm sure Aldarion (formerly Captain) Tezokian has been in Talerium for almost as long. And he's been Prime Minister there since I've been playing the game in early 2008.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 09, 2012, 05:28:13 PM »
The simple way to get rid of the elves is just to destroy  Sirion and RP that your realm eradicated all the elves. There problem would be solved or I guess you could unleash a plague that made all females elves infertile and thus getting rid of the elves. 

egamma

« Reply #23: August 09, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »
The simple way to get rid of the elves is just to destroy  Sirion and RP that your realm eradicated all the elves. There problem would be solved or I guess you could unleash a plague that made all females elves infertile and thus getting rid of the elves.

Yep, I've mentioned this a couple of times. Problem is, I've never played on EC, and I don't know what character to give up.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 09, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
The simple way to get rid of the elves is just to destroy  Sirion
Yeah, good luck with that. It's been tried before. Many times, by many realms. And many coalitions of realms. Sirion probably has the absolute best defensive geography in the entire game. So long as they stay internally stable, and have enough nobles to man the walls, you will never break them.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 09, 2012, 07:48:55 PM »
Well actually they were going to lose had Perdan not been forced to pull out by Caligus.  But 5 on 1 was a bit ridiculous hah.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 09, 2012, 07:50:17 PM »
Given the lack of military ability shown by the leaders of Fontan at the time, Sirion had nothing to worry about. Fontan was a one-trick-pony: "Attack Tabost with everything! Again! And again! And again!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: August 09, 2012, 08:02:20 PM »
Given the lack of military ability shown by the leaders of Fontan at the time, Sirion had nothing to worry about. Fontan was a one-trick-pony: "Attack Tabost with everything! Again! And again! And again!"

They had some brilliant military minds ;)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 09, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
If Kenarth had managed to convince people in Fontan that no, what they were doing was not working, and we should coordinate with Perdan on a major strike on an actual strategically important region—like Avamar, which, IIRC, we might have had enough combined force to break—then there would have been some chance of breaking in.

It wasn't at all certain, though.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 09, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
Threatening he south while sending raids north may have worked, too. IIRC we tried it a few times, and managed to pull down one of those sets of irreplaceable walls, too. Then the mess with Caligus started, and Perdan had to pull out. After that, Fontan went back to the tried and true (and failing) strategy of trying to smash through Tabost. (It didn't help that we had a spy in Perdan deliberately sabotaging us, either.)