Author Topic: "Elves"?  (Read 24407 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: "Elves"?
« Reply #30: August 09, 2012, 10:02:35 PM »
Are you forgetting the fortifications on Trimbar?

That solely motte and bailey made Fontan lose more battles than the rest in the whole war against Sirions.

But back to topic please, we all know that Elves will be finished when Loren retires his character in 2025. Now i would like to know more of the background history.

Peace!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 09, 2012, 10:04:54 PM »
If that motte and bailey was so bad, the why keep going back?!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 09, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
But back to topic please, we all know that Elves will be finished when Loren retires his character in 2025. Now i would like to know more of the

You mean Brian.  Gregor is Ibladeshian.  Serko is Fontanese.

Eithad

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 09, 2012, 11:35:39 PM »
My personal take is being elven are a culture, not a race of pointy ears. People have an ingrained impression stereotype of what it is to be an elf. As soon as that changes there won't be an issue.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 10, 2012, 12:45:48 AM »
Given the lack of military ability shown by the leaders of Fontan at the time, Sirion had nothing to worry about. Fontan was a one-trick-pony: "Attack Tabost with everything! Again! And again! And again!"

Very true. Moira had reasonable success raiding via Osslamar but the MoD were obsessed with big push after big push. I took a year out to have a baby and when I came back literally nothing had changed in Fontan's strategic thinking. The real surprise was that there was still a Fontan to come back to, because Sirion should have crushed her by then.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 10, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »
Sirion had problems of their own. It wasn't until later in the war that Sirion turned things around, and really came into their own as a military powerhouse. Before then they mostly survived on geography, incompetence of their enemies, and a high noble count. When they did finally turn around and get good, they were *really* good.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #36: August 10, 2012, 01:20:58 AM »
Sirion had problems of their own. It wasn't until later in the war that Sirion turned things around, and really came into their own as a military powerhouse. Before then they mostly survived on geography, incompetence of their enemies, and a high noble count. When they did finally turn around and get good, they were *really* good.

Guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 10, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »
Someone said that the elves in spellmaster from where the Sirionite elves comes were just a variant human race.

I see the Sirion elves as a human variety with a spiritual awareness that stems from the forests in Sirion and that it is only in and in the proximity of these woods it is actually possible to tell an elf and an ordinary human apart.

People keep doing elf characters as the fact that it should be a grandfather rule is well hidden on the wiki and noone ever hears about it until after playing for years and have a well established elven character.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Duvaille

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 15, 2012, 06:15:09 PM »
Write all you need to say about elves in Sirion to realm description and everyone creating a character will know what they need to know.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 16, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »
If that motte and bailey was so bad, the why keep going back?!

That is like asking why we in Fontan kept attacking that damn southern city over and over and over. It somehow became a matter of national pride. Every election for General would be mostly about who had the better plan to regain the city in the quickest time. Fontan's Democracy showed some of the worst symptoms of popular politics.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #40: August 30, 2012, 06:41:03 AM »
Muah ha ha ha, Gunter Gellander has joined Eponllyn. From this base, he will destroy the elves!

Does the Church of Humanity have an anti-elf bias, and if not, can I talk them into one?

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #41: August 30, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
Contact Jor or Benedictus and you'll get that story!

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: September 02, 2012, 01:20:33 AM »
There are still many some Elven noble families and some regions which the major part of the population are Elven. Personally i am no elf but the fact that the realm that i have dedicated most of my game time is somehow unique really puts some extra flavour.

About the war thing, i was General of Sirion in the most dire times of the war until we took Fontan city and gave it to Caligus. The hardest thing we had was defending Sermbar and the northern raids, but the rest was pretty much easy with the great geography that we have. I must say tho that we had to overcontrol the situations and sometimes my marshals just forwarded my orders mostly in dire times with 5 realms knocking on our doors.

I was the General when Kenarth ordered the attack on Parm. If it wasnt that some Fontanesse did not really trusted him, it could have resulted better, but without Sermbar under control, was kinda pointless to strike Parm.

I have an article written on the wiki about what strategy we used to cover all our fronts at the same time.

:)
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

egamma

« Reply #43: September 03, 2012, 01:20:21 AM »
There are still many some Elven noble families and some regions which the major part of the population are Elven.

Is there a list somewhere, or one that can be created? Gaston needs a kill list.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: September 03, 2012, 01:37:48 AM »
Is there a list somewhere, or one that can be created? Gaston needs a kill list.

I'd tried some time ago to create a guild or something only with elven nobles and those humans who served Sirion enough to be considered "elven friends". Got no reply...

Rainerudhiel, Alexander, Ecthelion, Erik Eyolf, those are elfs for sure.
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu