Author Topic: Fronen: The unluckiest realm ever.  (Read 42511 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Fronen: The unluckiest realm ever.
« Reply #135: December 26, 2012, 09:47:54 PM »
I'm convinced that most players on BT not only don't remember the days of Enweilian imperialism, I'd say that most don't even know that Enweil used to march off against others to impose democracy.

The wars that left everyone hating Enweil are the wars that it didn't start itself.

Well, I know that Riombara remembers, even if there are no characters left who were there at the time. The memories have been passed down and entrusted to the younger generations.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: December 26, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »
Besides, even if I never was found of democracies, and it predates me, I find it totally badass.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: December 26, 2012, 09:52:58 PM »
It /is/ totally bad ass, but the last time I tried that with Ibladesh, we got our asses handed to us.

Now though with Riombara, the world is ripe to become one giant Republic!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: December 26, 2012, 09:55:44 PM »
It /is/ totally bad ass, but the last time I tried that with Ibladesh, we got our asses handed to us.

Now though with Riombara, the world is ripe to become one giant Republic!

Hey, we've got experience with that! We should totally band together and force Sint to renounce their daimon gods and become a republic! XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: December 26, 2012, 10:04:02 PM »
Republic? >_< That's worse than daimon worship....
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: December 26, 2012, 10:06:44 PM »

The only republics I like are the ones that give proportional votes to lords.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: December 26, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »
Yeah about Sint... I'm not the only one wanting to take them down for once being daimon slaves. I've heard many interesting things while I travelled through the North.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: December 26, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »
Yeah about Sint... I'm not the only one wanting to take them down for once being daimon slaves. I've heard many interesting things while I travelled through the North.

Daimon slaves is putting it lightly. They accepted them as gods, tried to summon their daimonic god of destruction to crush all other BT realms, and actually led daimonic units against human realms themselves.

Come on guys, make a deal with Guillaume! Take him in, sign a federation with Enweil, and go kick Sintian asses! :P

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: December 26, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
Guillaume isn't bending over deep enough yet. Maybe he just really has to abandon his cause in Enweil, so the next guy can bend over!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: December 26, 2012, 10:32:35 PM »
Guillaume isn't bending over deep enough yet. Maybe he just really has to abandon his cause in Enweil, so the next guy can bend over!

Working on it.

But seriously, what do you expect the next guy to do, if I leave? Ever had an interesting exchange with Handkor? I don't remember the last time he RPed, and I don't really know him to be the most inspiring or surprising character around. I can't think of any other potential contender brewing up a good interaction, either.

Unless you want a dull and unimaginative exchange, you'd be better off dealing with Guillaume, at least for the duration of the talks. ;)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: December 26, 2012, 11:05:01 PM »

What about a democratic Republic that votes on almost everything, filled with a maze of Laws and Customs as to how to handle everything? ;D

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #146: December 26, 2012, 11:46:02 PM »
Oh God no...

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: December 26, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »
To get a little bit back on topic;

Guillaume should join Fronen. Befits the title of this thread.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: December 27, 2012, 03:23:57 AM »
Darn, "reply to list" instead of "reply to sender".

Too many messages for Christmas time. Too many channels simultaneously.

Good thing it was consistent with everything else I've been saying, though... -.-