Author Topic: Terran trials  (Read 71544 times)

kobetheist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Terran trials
« Reply #105: August 19, 2012, 06:12:37 AM »
Was that the reason Gorbag was killed? :'(

Gorbag was actually what led to its creation. When Erasmus came to Dwilight it was on some fool's errand to kill a distant related adventurer (his original RP when joining Terran), which he claimed was dishonoring the family name, but the rest of the family thought it unimportant and thought Erasmus dishonorable for leaving the family's home realm, Suville, during a time of war. He never got him (it was someone else in my family who was paused), and felt unfulfilled but stayed in Terran. He already resented adventurers because of his jealously towards the way his older brother Jareth treated the house servant Reynard ( he felt Jareth treated him like more of a brother than Erasmus), SO when Gorbag came along with an item named after the region he was lord of, then chose to take a better offer, and Erasmus later found out he gave an item to the daimons (who he also began hating after their rampages in Terran) for free, He asked for Gorbag to be punished. The Ruler and General at the time( I'm guessing who you ended up selling the item to) both declared Gorbag under their protection. So Erasmus became enraged and decided he would find a way to kill him himself and all his enemies, so he supported the current judge to become Duke, and then after he stepped down Erasmus ran and won judge on a coinflip. He was also an avid hunter and talked about it often, so he created the Huntsmen of Noble Right to combine business and pleasure :) Gorbag was the first kill and it took a lot of time, effort and dirty tricks to get him.

Did you just kill any adventurer, randomly?

At first Erasmus only executed those who talked back, offended him or others, or spread rumors about him; bloodhunts as we called them, and those were the ones we took trophies from. The rest we would beat up (several times if we could to the same guy) or arrest and torture them-- some got tortured over a 7 or 8 times before they were released, and a few were caught again and tortured further. Later on, the Ruler sent Erasmus a message telling him he knew about what he was doing and didn't mind, but too many stories were coming back to him so he should just execute them all and save time and trouble; Erasmus said "This is obvious BS to protect the Ruler and the realm's reputation, but, hey, why not." and complied. Then the executions started to pile up. Another member of the Huntsmen in Solaria eventually became judge also, and even though he wasn't judge for long, he did a lot of work over there, and our Hunting Records list became very long :)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:15:05 AM by kobetheist »

kobetheist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: August 19, 2012, 06:20:30 AM »
Also, how many times did they beat down all the men you sent?

I'm not sure what ya mean here.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: August 19, 2012, 06:22:38 AM »
I'm not sure what ya mean here.

When you want to arrest an adventurer, you have to send some of your men to do it. Before you finalize, there is a warning that depending on the advy's skill some or all of them might come back in medieval body bags and you lose some honor or prestige for it.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

kobetheist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: August 19, 2012, 06:29:52 AM »
Oh. Yeah, they would escape occasionally, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row, but it didn't really stop the hunter's resolve. Each time it happened, you'd lose a prestige and morale in your unit, but I never really kept track of it. I remember 2 adventurers also escaped execution which cost the same honor and prestige as executing them. All I know for sure is Erasmus burned through over 20 honor and over 30 prestige during his 2 or 3 terms as judge.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: August 19, 2012, 06:31:58 AM »
So how many advys do you think you executed?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

kobetheist

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: August 19, 2012, 06:39:38 AM »
 I think 7 or 8 were successfully executed by my character.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: August 19, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »
I can understand screwing over advies who talk back or whatever but what satisfaction do you derive from executing people who haven't even spoken to you?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: August 19, 2012, 07:15:53 AM »
Gorbag was actually what led to its creation. When Erasmus came to Dwilight it was on some fool's errand to kill a distant related adventurer (his original RP when joining Terran), which he claimed was dishonoring the family name, but the rest of the family thought it unimportant and thought Erasmus dishonorable for leaving the family's home realm, Suville, during a time of war. He never got him (it was someone else in my family who was paused), and felt unfulfilled but stayed in Terran. He already resented adventurers because of his jealously towards the way his older brother Jareth treated the house servant Reynard ( he felt Jareth treated him like more of a brother than Erasmus), SO when Gorbag came along with an item named after the region he was lord of, then chose to take a better offer, and Erasmus later found out he gave an item to the daimons (who he also began hating after their rampages in Terran) for free, He asked for Gorbag to be punished. The Ruler and General at the time( I'm guessing who you ended up selling the item to) both declared Gorbag under their protection. So Erasmus became enraged and decided he would find a way to kill him himself and all his enemies, so he supported the current judge to become Duke, and then after he stepped down Erasmus ran and won judge on a coinflip. He was also an avid hunter and talked about it often, so he created the Huntsmen of Noble Right to combine business and pleasure :) Gorbag was the first kill and it took a lot of time, effort and dirty tricks to get him.

Wow, now I feel really honored that all the RP I had invested into Gorbag did not simply die with him. It contributed in creating something much bigger than himself! I always wondered, what was the reaction of the Ruler and General of the realm after his death? He was technically under their protection, after all.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: August 19, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »
Quite interesting!

Welp, Alura finds herself hunted, declared rogue, injured in battle, assaulted by her own countrymen, and fleeing for her life to D'haran lands with no way to contact her former countrymen or those who were also declared rogue.

I love this chaos that's going on, it'll fortify our spirit and bring us together when the dust settles.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: August 19, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
Quite interesting!

Welp, Alura finds herself hunted, declared rogue, injured in battle, assaulted by her own countrymen, and fleeing for her life to D'haran lands with no way to contact her former countrymen or those who were also declared rogue.

I love this chaos that's going on, it'll fortify our spirit and bring us together when the dust settles.

Yeah, game mechanic. Is Alura going to join D'Hara?

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: August 19, 2012, 07:40:32 AM »
Temporarily.

Anyone else banned is welcome to as well, we've been granted asylum by my soon-to-be husband but I couldn't get the word out because I found myself banned.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: August 19, 2012, 07:41:47 AM »
Also, I feel it would be just to write a letter to the Moot about what's going on. Would that be alright? I'm just going to copy+paste what I wrote to Dmitrios of Asylon, who messaged me asking what's going on in Terran since I'm no longer Marshal or a noble of Terran.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: August 19, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
Also, I feel it would be just to write a letter to the Moot about what's going on. Would that be alright? I'm just going to copy+paste what I wrote to Dmitrios of Asylon, who messaged me asking what's going on in Terran since I'm no longer Marshal or a noble of Terran.

Lol, are you asking us OOC, what would be okay by our characters IC, for you to do IC? Man, either ask IC or just do it and deal with the repercussions IC!

I was having a conversation with Shino about how we could prove Erasmus is a crook and I remembered the letter he had sent us. Shino couldn't find it but I decided to go through the last month's letters (dear god, 1,000 in the last week...) until I found it.

Dude... you realize there are several filtering options for letters? Including filtering by Sender? If you were looking for a letter from Erasmus you could have just filtered by Sender: Erasmus and it would have literally shown you all letters you got from him in the past X number of days. Which, I'm sure would have narrowed it down a LOT. Unless he was sending you 1,000's of letters...

In regards to Erasmus, Kale had been aware for quite a while that Erasmus had a penchant for killing/torturing adventurers. I think most people who were in the realm for a while had to have caught on to that after a while. But the "Huntsmen of the Noble Rite" thing came out of nowhere and I was like... "Whoa... that is fully creepy, fully weird, and fully one of the most awesome ideas/secrete societies/implementation of a secrete society I have ever heard of in BM." Bravo.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: August 19, 2012, 09:04:10 AM »
You're !@#$ing kidding right?

...Jeeze. The damn messaging system barely works but there's a FILTER? !@#$, that would have been nice to know, oh, THREE MONTHS AGO.

/Rage

Meh, oh well. You learn something new every day. :-P

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: August 19, 2012, 09:15:02 AM »
You're !@#$ing kidding right?

...Jeeze. The damn messaging system barely works but there's a FILTER? !@#$, that would have been nice to know, oh, THREE MONTHS AGO.

/Rage

Meh, oh well. You learn something new every day. :-P

LOL. On the right hand side of the message page, dawg.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)