Author Topic: Apocalyptic Hunger  (Read 15082 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalyptic Hunger
« Reply #30: August 24, 2012, 02:56:33 PM »
That's true, in terms of a single-year continent-wide event, I think only the Spanish flu comes close.

Yes, the Spanish flu (that it wasn't Spanish at all!) was the world-wide worst epidemic. If we look only Europe, probably the plague of Justinian was worse, or the Black Death.... I don't remember, but I think they kill about 1/3 Europe population.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 24, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »
Yes, the Spanish flu (that it wasn't Spanish at all!) was the world-wide worst epidemic. If we look only Europe, probably the plague of Justinian was worse, or the Black Death.... I don't remember, but I think they kill about 1/3 Europe population.

I've seen similar estimate, but the Black Death spread over 7 years in Europe (longer worldwide), while the Spanish flu lasted only 24 months with peak activity being much shorter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Spanish_flu_death_chart.png/787px-Spanish_flu_death_chart.png
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 24, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »
I've seen similar estimate, but the Black Death spread over 7 years in Europe (longer worldwide), while the Spanish flu lasted only 24 months with peak activity being much shorter.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Spanish_flu_death_chart.png/787px-Spanish_flu_death_chart.png

Yes, it's the modern world!... in medieval times people spend years to travel from a country to other. now, we spend days (or hours)...

Faster travels, faster epidemics!

I don't think is possible, but it would be wonderful to have epidemics on BM!

ALWAYS the same boring Starvations and Droughts... BORED TO DEATH?

TRY the NEW EPIDEMICS!!! BUBONIC PLAGUES!, TYPHUS!, SPANISH FLU AND THE NEW AND IMPROVED: BLACK DEATH!!!

FUN for all the Family!!! Invite your friends and GET ALL THE FUN, ALL TOGETHER!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!
 8)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 24, 2012, 06:22:14 PM »
ALWAYS the same boring Starvations and Droughts... BORED TO DEATH?

TRY the NEW EPIDEMICS!!! BUBONIC PLAGUES!, TYPHUS!, SPANISH FLU AND THE NEW AND IMPROVED: BLACK DEATH!!!

FUN for all the Family!!! Invite your friends and GET ALL THE FUN, ALL TOGETHER!!! THE MORE THE MERRIER!
 8)

Oh, yay! So it's StarvationAndDiseaseMaster now! And here I was thinking I joined a game based off of inter-realm conflict. What was it called... Battlemaster was it? Eh, I can't remember.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 25, 2012, 09:31:52 AM »
I blame it on Zuma. Even their diabolical presence in Dwilight is extremely dangerous for us!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Jim

« Reply #35: August 25, 2012, 09:35:54 AM »
I blame it on Zuma. Even their diabolical presence in Dwilight is extremely dangerous for us!

Agreed!  ;D