Author Topic: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon  (Read 67514 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Assassins: Murder in Masahakon
« Reply #15: August 24, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
vote unnamed-player-number-9, for making us wait till tomorrow for kick off.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 24, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »
Sign me up, but make me player 10.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 24, 2012, 07:16:41 PM »
Awesome! Player 9 can be the NPC that gets killed first. Let's get this puppy moving!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 24, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »
I still have problems with that seer/sage part. Suppose he finds out the assassin, now he makes a public post that "Yes, X is the murderer, I saw him cleaning the blood stained blade" or something like that? Or he does it in some *secret* way?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 24, 2012, 07:21:49 PM »
Sure.  A werewolf would never post something like that, hoping to throw off the innocent villagers, and get them to lynch one of their own.    Conversely, a Seer who makes his identity public should sleep well in the knowledge that a pack of werewolves would never target him first!
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 24, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »
I still have problems with that seer/sage part. Suppose he finds out the assassin, now he makes a public post that "Yes, X is the murderer, I saw him cleaning the blood stained blade" or something like that? Or he does it in some *secret* way?
Well it is much smarter to do it secretly because if you say you are the seer/sage the werewolves/assassins will try to get you killed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 24, 2012, 07:26:09 PM »
Well it is much smarter to do it secretly because if you say you are the seer/sage the werewolves/assassins will try to get you killed.

Secretly to whom, the GM I guess?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 24, 2012, 07:27:49 PM »
Secretly to whom, the GM I guess?

The GM already knows who the Seer is.  You could try PMing some of the other players, and hope that none of them are Secret Bad Guys.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: August 24, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Most likely, if the Seer discovers that another player is a Secret Bad Guy, who would gently try to steer the village toward lynching that player.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: August 24, 2012, 07:30:15 PM »
I'll start sending out PMs. Once I'm done I'll make a short RP to kick things off, then everyone can start voting for the first person to be executed.

Cren, the GM tells you the results of the Sage scan. What would be the point of then telling that back to the GM? The Sage needs to be careful who he tells. He needs to try to work out for sure who isn't an Assassin (for instance, someone who voted for an Assassin to be executed may be less likely to be an Assassin themselves) and then confide in that person. Or he could just try to influence the voting of others without coming right out and telling people he knows who it is.

Fury

« Reply #25: August 24, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »
Sign me up for no. 11.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 24, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
This whole seer/sage thing is the toughest part, you need a lot of luck to figure out the baddies and report it to the true innocents. Best of luck to whoever gets to play one!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 24, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »
@Velax, I would reccomend waiting to start even though I know everyone who has signed up wants to start, because of what happened in the other thread, we started and kept having people who wanted to join but hadn't signed up yet. The more people we have, the funner it is. Or you could start and add the new people to werewolves and villagers as we go along, maybe even adding one of the new people as seer so that not all of them are guranteed to be regular roles.

Edit: I guess I was a little late so I reccomend suggestion #2. Your choice though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 07:41:52 PM by Penchant »
― G.K. Chesterton

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: August 24, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »
Woo!  Diplomat!

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 24, 2012, 07:44:18 PM »
Woo!  Diplomat!

i trust you implicitly
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre