Poll

Which of the followig features would you like to see implemented first?

Show list of realm armies - name, marshal and sponsor http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=5263
43 (10.5%)
Let Bankers know who stewards are http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=5012
38 (9.2%)
Temporary Standing Orders http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=4049
26 (6.3%)
Rework Rank http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6666
45 (10.9%)
Transaction Data For Trade Statistics Page http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6660
16 (3.9%)
Siege engines in scout reports http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=4838
63 (15.3%)
Automatic Market offers http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=6611
61 (14.8%)
Erecting statues and monuments http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,2150.0/wap2.html
68 (16.5%)
OOC message all chars http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=3239
21 (5.1%)
Lord ability to deposit into local treasuries of local guildhouses http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=5747
30 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Voting closed: September 05, 2012, 05:21:24 AM

Author Topic: Voting for Your Favorite Feature  (Read 58847 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Voting for Your Favorite Feature
« Reply #60: September 24, 2012, 05:32:03 AM »
What's your problem dude? It seems every comment you make is just a snide remark. I think you might need to put your big boy pants on if you are going to come talk with everyone else. Just because they aren't our immediate neighbors or even close to us doesn't mean we shouldn't be weary of the biggest combined military power on the whole continent.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: September 24, 2012, 06:03:15 AM »
What's your problem dude? It seems every comment you make is just a snide remark. I think you might need to put your big boy pants on if you are going to come talk with everyone else. Just because they aren't our immediate neighbors or even close to us doesn't mean we shouldn't be weary of the biggest combined military power on the whole continent.
i think is point was unless you were trying to not be bullied by Terran and Barca, then there your answer doesn't make sense because you would have to let the astrocracies bully you, since unless stopping them from bullying you is defending Aurvandil from their attack which needs strict military they can't do anything to bully you. They can tell you whatever they want but it doesn't mean you have to listen. You have about the best possible position since you are about as far away as possible from them and you have already shown military might against Madina and the moot to make you feared.

So the whole we are afraid of being bullied is kinda dumb and honestly you guys have indicated aggressiveness against them which could have resulted in a war on more than one occasion. ( declaring war on Kabrinskia to arrest a priest instead of letting their ruler order the priest to leave, which you have done more than once which is done nowhere else in the game afaik.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #62: September 24, 2012, 06:04:56 AM »
Well you could take a page from Luria's book. You don't see SA messing in the affairs of Luria Nova or Luria Vespari, do you? Only reason we have a problem with Aurvandil is because you've made it a problem through poor diplomatic choices.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: September 24, 2012, 07:50:43 AM »

Chill out, bro. No need to get your big boy pants in a bunch!

I was being sarcastic yes, I apologize if that was somehow offensive to you. My point was that it seems pretty ridiculous to say that Aurvandil's crazy military stuff is to "protect itself from SA." I mean, c'mon. The point of Aurvandil's military is to exert their power over every one around them, which they do very well, not to defend themselves from a force on the opposite side of the island with whom they've never had contact with before.

I mean the only thing Aurvandil has ever done with its military is crush and bully everyone around it. And they aren't very ashamed of admitting that IC, either. Which is fine, because they're good at it and nobody can stop them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:52:25 AM by Perth »
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

egamma

« Reply #64: September 24, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »
I mean the only thing Aurvandil has ever done with its military is crush and bully everyone around it. And they aren't very ashamed of admitting that IC, either. Which is fine, because they're good at it and nobody can stop them.

Yep, and Aurvandil should be proud of its military, instead of trying to pass around propoganda that "SA is going to hurt us! Wahh!". Act like a proud noble. That is, after all, what SMA is all about.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: September 24, 2012, 08:49:06 PM »
Chill out, bro. No need to get your big boy pants in a bunch!

I was being sarcastic yes, I apologize if that was somehow offensive to you. My point was that it seems pretty ridiculous to say that Aurvandil's crazy military stuff is to "protect itself from SA." I mean, c'mon. The point of Aurvandil's military is to exert their power over every one around them, which they do very well, not to defend themselves from a force on the opposite side of the island with whom they've never had contact with before.

I'm sorry for being so aggressve. It's just that you had left another comment at the same time in another thread and it was late and i was tired. I'm not trying to say we don't bully people at all. We do. But it seems that Ic SA is trying to get more and more involved with out affiars. Priests venturing into a country where what they are doing is illegal and such.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: September 24, 2012, 09:02:18 PM »
I'm sorry for being so aggressve. It's just that you had left another comment at the same time in another thread and it was late and i was tired. I'm not trying to say we don't bully people at all. We do. But it seems that Ic SA is trying to get more and more involved with out affiars. Priests venturing into a country where what they are doing is illegal and such.

Just a reminder that while you can make preaching of SA illegal, declaring all religion illegal is very, very anti-SMA. So if that's still your stance, I very strongly urge you to change it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: September 24, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »

Well, yeah. People are going to start trying to get involved in your affairs because virtually everyone on the island sees Aurvandil, because of their renowned military skills, as a threat in one way or another (even if indirectly). That's the price of being successful and powerful, you will almost always be villianized and people will gang up on/come after you.

That being said, I don't Aurvandil has much to worry about any time soon.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

« Reply #68: September 25, 2012, 12:10:06 AM »
Well, yeah. People are going to start trying to get involved in your affairs because virtually everyone on the island sees Aurvandil, because of their renowned military skills, as a threat in one way or another (even if indirectly). That's the price of being successful and powerful, you will almost always be villianized and people will gang up on/come after you.

That being said, I don't Aurvandil has much to worry about any time soon.

Only way to overcome it is to establish your colonies, eventually turning them into your allies like CE on AT. Once you have half of the continent, no one can !@#$ with you anymore.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: November 05, 2012, 08:49:37 AM »
Just a reminder that while you can make preaching of SA illegal, declaring all religion illegal is very, very anti-SMA. So if that's still your stance, I very strongly urge you to change it.

Luckily basicaly every single character in the other realms on Dwilight think the same and are out to destroy the heathes.
Its just Luria left thats not 'yet' involved.
hint, hint, hint....
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog