Author Topic: titan protocols  (Read 13128 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: titan protocols
« Reply #30: October 14, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
Titans have the ability to investigate issues on their own. If PlayerA complains that PlayerB said "don't go to the tournament", the Titans can go look and see.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #31: October 14, 2012, 06:03:47 PM »
I think the problem is that the titans don't have any accountability. At least not any that is able to be independently verifiable as not being biased.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #32: October 14, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
I think the problem is that the titans don't have any accountability. At least not any that is able to be independently verifiable as not being biased.

They have. It is called Tom.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #33: October 14, 2012, 06:53:08 PM »
<.<

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 15, 2012, 12:29:13 AM »

And if you don't trust Tom, you may as well leave now, because he always holds the power of life and death over your characters, realms, religions, and everything else in the game.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 15, 2012, 02:17:39 AM »

And if you don't trust Tom, you may as well leave now, because he always holds the power of life and death over your characters, realms, religions, and everything else in the game.

I'm pretty sure Tom is a nice guy but you only have to have a look at the Barony of Makar's recruitment centers to know he isn't impartial...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 15, 2012, 02:33:31 AM »
I'm pretty sure Tom is a nice guy but you only have to have a look at the Barony of Makar's recruitment centers to know he isn't impartial...

From what I was told, other realms also had godly RCs back in the days. They just ended up losing them. That's part of the perks of being in an isolated corner of the world with few neighbors, I guess.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #37: October 15, 2012, 02:40:29 AM »

Certainly not. On the other hand, they are horribly expensive.

But plugging down 2 RCs, or giving OT a special "unit morale" option (torture instead of entertainment, in case you were wondering) has nothing to do with checking on the Titans.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 15, 2012, 03:48:38 PM »
Well the downside of a anoimous titans is that i cannot ask the right person why he really judged what he judged.
I didnt receive a good explantion of what this is about and i still don't understand why it happened because i am a firm suporter of the IR and especialy the rule to protect people who are less active.
I am also not very active my self and miss a whole turn every day and regulary a whole day.
I cannot login everyday and i wouldn't want to punish people who can't either.

What happened with the banker is that i suggested the Kign to eventually replace him for various reasons, but not inactvity.
He ignored letters and requests for more then weeks, not only of me but of others, like the King and judge to.
If he didn't wnat to reply or deliberaly did so i do not know as a player but it was enough for my character to call him a burden for the realm instead of asset.
Davis suggested to the King to replace him and apoint someone else because he felt Aiden had not a dedicated heart and deliberatley ignored people.
Part of the reason Davis sad that is because he had issues with Aiden even during the Caligan time.
That is not against the social contract or any other rule or request.
So if its not this than what is it?

PS, if this shouldn't be discused here just tell me and i will discuss it privatley with Tom or whom ever i need to speak with.
I am glad this will improve in the future, but for now i want to know why such harsh punishments where used and for what was it used?
It seems noone, even Tom exactly knows.
That is why its not very handy for me right now that the Titans are unknown.
They cannot contact me and i cannot contact them.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #39: October 16, 2012, 12:35:20 AM »
No, you are right, and these are some of the reasons I set up the Magistrates as an alternative.

And I think they are the better system, though improvements can be made. Most importantly, there is a bit of code we need to write before the Magistrates can replace the Titans. And with our usual endless TODO list...