Author Topic: Can old folk home club is considered as clan?  (Read 20903 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Can old folk home club is considered as clan?
« Reply #45: October 10, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
My suggestion? Get out of Eston, and go join the Barony of Makar. Sordnaz likes to randomly put fairly new people into positions, because he's a cool guy.

The sounded off, considering the guy has been in power since the dawn of time.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 10, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
The sounded off, considering the guy has been in power since the dawn of time.

There are more positions than Ruler.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 10, 2012, 12:53:13 AM »
There are more positions than Ruler.

I do not doubt the statement to be true.

It still sounds off, however.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 10, 2012, 01:15:25 AM »
I do not doubt the statement to be true.

It still sounds off, however.

Has anyone actually tried to dethrone the old fella?

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: October 10, 2012, 02:37:52 AM »
Has anyone actually tried to dethrone the old fella?

Ha, as if anyone would willingly step into the quagmire that is Atamaran politics. There are a very small few that were willing to run for the position in his times of inactivity, but rebellion and sedition and such has always been rooted out very violently.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 12, 2012, 02:10:03 AM »
Whoa, I never thought my starting post will generate this amount of discussion :D

Thank you for answering my questions and doubts.

There is one more question.

If an oldie player stay very very long in his post/rank, and no amount of effort can displace him, will it be tantamount to "old folk home club considered as clan"?
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: October 12, 2012, 02:44:40 AM »
Whoa, I never thought my starting post will generate this amount of discussion :D

If an oldie player stay very very long in his post/rank, and no amount of effort can displace him, will it be tantamount to "old folk home club considered as clan"?
protesting or if he is not ruler convince ruler to make position elected and get someone else elected, or finally nice infil strike to put him out long enough so he loses position. If you can't do any of those then he (or she) shouldn't be removed.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: October 12, 2012, 02:55:05 AM »

"No amount of effort can displace him" usually means that he has solid support.

egamma

« Reply #53: October 12, 2012, 07:01:42 PM »

The fact that the game has "Tyranny" and "Monarchy" as government options should answer that, don't you think?

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: October 15, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
This is especially the case if the only way you can "break into" their clan is by participation in some ludicrously odd behavior– like RPing your character as insanely sadistic or obsessed with chutney and tutus.
This  kind of sounds like Outer Tilog. They are such an oddball.
I simply can't get used to their weird language. No idea whether being insane is a requirement or not.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:03:46 PM by mikm »

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: October 15, 2012, 11:25:03 PM »
This  kind of sounds like Outer Tilog. They are such an oddball.
I simply can't get used to their weird language. No idea whether being insane is a requirement or not.

Its really not that hard... Boring.. But not hard... I tended to just find them unamusing...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 16, 2012, 01:09:50 AM »
Its really not that hard... Boring.. But not hard... I tended to just find them unamusing...

I'm of the same opinion.

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 16, 2012, 07:27:44 AM »
I'm of the same opinion.

Very nice and constructive from the past few posters there... I've been in a few realms that I've found incredibly dull, instead of going on the forums and slagging them off though I've just left them. Just because I don't like a realm doesn't mean everyone wont like it and the fact that so many people play in them says that a lot more people enjoy it there than don't, so being negative about a realm just because an individual doesn't like it is just a bit petty really...

You don't like Outer Tilog, fine, move on, find somewhere you do like, don't insult it without good reason though, as a lot of people have put a lot of time and effort into it and it's very popular to a lot of people, and undermining the efforts of others just because you as an individual don't like it is unfair to the players who do enjoy it.

Also, as has been stated before, you can play a normal noble and succeed there, there will just be weirdness going on around you. As ruler there, although other characters might talk of Rakaarox as if he's also one of the crazies, really he's no different to just a normal devious noble in any other realm. There are characters that describe themselves as skeletons on wolf beasts, which can just as easily be viewed as an incredibly skinny person and an incredibly hairy person with bad teeth.

If you don't like a realm, do something about it or leave. Knowing if you try to do something about it and don't have support then it probably won't work out well for your character. That's not clanning, that's just the way of the world, so let's get this back on topic rather than just insulting realms we don't like shall we?
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: October 17, 2012, 02:14:54 AM »
Very nice and constructive from the past few posters there... I've been in a few realms that I've found incredibly dull, instead of going on the forums and slagging them off though I've just left them. Just because I don't like a realm doesn't mean everyone wont like it and the fact that so many people play in them says that a lot more people enjoy it there than don't, so being negative about a realm just because an individual doesn't like it is just a bit petty really...

You don't like Outer Tilog, fine, move on, find somewhere you do like, don't insult it without good reason though, as a lot of people have put a lot of time and effort into it and it's very popular to a lot of people, and undermining the efforts of others just because you as an individual don't like it is unfair to the players who do enjoy it.

Also, as has been stated before, you can play a normal noble and succeed there, there will just be weirdness going on around you. As ruler there, although other characters might talk of Rakaarox as if he's also one of the crazies, really he's no different to just a normal devious noble in any other realm. There are characters that describe themselves as skeletons on wolf beasts, which can just as easily be viewed as an incredibly skinny person and an incredibly hairy person with bad teeth.

If you don't like a realm, do something about it or leave. Knowing if you try to do something about it and don't have support then it probably won't work out well for your character. That's not clanning, that's just the way of the world, so let's get this back on topic rather than just insulting realms we don't like shall we?

I don't mean to slander. All I'm saying is that it isn't universally exciting. It suits a very specific play style. And this isn't properly advertised by those who say how great it is. It's not just "evil" RP, it's "evil" humour RP. I find evil characters and factions to be quite fun. However, Outer Tilog was over the top. Nothing was serious. Everything was a big joke. I personally don't find it amusing to RP in a context where everything is a gag.

It's great for some people though. I'm not saying it's a terrible realm. I find it overrated, but still much better than most realms out there.

Sorry if I offended you.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: October 17, 2012, 02:42:07 AM »
I don't mean to slander. All I'm saying is that it isn't universally exciting. It suits a very specific play style. And this isn't properly advertised by those who say how great it is. It's not just "evil" RP, it's "evil" humour RP. I find evil characters and factions to be quite fun. However, Outer Tilog was over the top. Nothing was serious. Everything was a big joke. I personally don't find it amusing to RP in a context where everything is a gag.

It's great for some people though. I'm not saying it's a terrible realm. I find it overrated, but still much better than most realms out there.

Sorry if I offended you.

Asside from the nothing ever moves ever in the colonies, it was one of the more talkative realms i've been in for a while but as Chenier said.. nothing was serious and the humour was all "ooh look at me i'm torturing my men I'm eviiillllll lol herpderp" It was so uncreative it was kind of annoying. Good place for thulsoman judges though.. No matter how much you mutilate other players they probably will just attach weapons to there dissapeared limbs and torture you back...