Author Topic: Post BT News Here for our Facebook Page  (Read 89159 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Post News Here for our Facebook Page
« Reply #60: December 18, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
In other news: These are the first words every Melite (Melhedian? Melhedite? Melmite? (ah, just yanking your chains now... if there's any oldish school melites who read this to begin with)) reads upon joining the bloodthirsty, realmcrushing, vandalizing and simply brutish nation of Melhed, land of conquering heroes:

Welcome to Melhed, soldiers by trade and victors by practice.

This has had me in giggles ever since my brand new adventurer spawned in Melhed this morning.  ;D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 18, 2012, 07:00:23 PM »
Melmed?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: January 08, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »
Secession   (3 hours, 25 minutes ago)
message to Everyone on Beluaterra
The duchy of Heen has seceded from Sint and formed a new realm called Caelum.

Not as peacefull secession as was planned, but at least the boat has been put into water finally.
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

NireusD.Natalle

• Noble Lord
  • Conan must truly be Conan The Destroyer..
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: January 08, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »
Region Changes Allegiance   (2 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Kraake has changed its allegiance to the realm of Caelum. The region used to belong to Nothoi.

Region Changes Allegiance   (1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
Mokut has changed its allegiance to the realm of Caelum. The region used to belong to Nothoi.

Region Changes Allegiance   (38 minutes ago)
Watersdown has changed its allegiance to the realm of Caelum. The region used to belong to Sint.
Nothoi & sint?
Nireus D.Natalle (East Island), Arianna Sherry (Beluaterra), Calista Syrenne (Dwilight), Charlotte Ava (Sunken Vur Hagin)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: January 08, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »
The was the formation of the new colony that was planned out by the northern realms following the end of the invasion. Religious tension between Hemaism and the Church of Humanity spurred the ruler-to-be of the new realm to secede the new realm far earlier than planned. A somewhat inauspicious beginning to a new realm that was supposed to free of religious baggage.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #65: January 08, 2013, 06:58:52 PM »
Ahem.  I'll write this so it's a tad more proper:

The Grand Principality of Caleum was formed, consisting of a core of nobility from Old Grehk, Nothoi, Thalmarkin, Sint, and even Riombara.  To be a monarchy founded in memory of the lost realms of the West with the principles of religious freedoms for its nobility, problems arose when the nobles of Sint began pressing for the forced conversion of the territories to worship the daimon Hemaglobe, primary god of the faith Hemaism. 

When informed that it would be up to the Lords of the provinces as to what faiths are allowed to preach in their territories, that temples would be sacrosanct and forbidden from destruction without the express consent of the Crown, and that the Duke of Heen would be acting in the capacity to approve or deny the preaching of faiths in those territories.

Fearing Sintian elements that would use faith to seize the lands, after the outbursts of the Pontifex of Sint claiming that Sint alone is the 'founding father' of the new realm and Baroness Ralina Indirik's disloyal actions of pledging her territory back to Sint when the subject of realigning the duchy with Nothoi until it was ready to stand on its own two feet, the Grand Prince felt there was little other alternative than to secede early.

Relations with Sint in the future are questionable while their current pontifex sits on his throne, while Nothoi has pledged military support for the fledgling realm until it can stand firmly on its own.

Aelradir

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: January 09, 2013, 05:10:30 PM »
Hemaglobe is NOT a daimon god, under Hemaist belief he had created the daimons, who betrayed him and us in the third invasion.

... problems arose when the nobles of Sint began pressing for the forced conversion of the territories to worship the daimon Hemaglobe, primary god of the faith Hemaism. 
No one was forcing you, yes we had one hardliner asking to throw out all non believers, but not one person was listening to him. Also he pissed me off too. As for Etna, she always tramples around the edge of what can and can't be done, but no one was listening to her either.

... that the Duke of Heen would be acting in the capacity to approve or deny the preaching of faiths in those territories.
While that is true, you were only the interim Duke of the Duchy so you could found the realm, the real duke will be from Sint, ergo your banning of Hemaist priests from 'your' regions was questionable. Furthermore, you are a priest of the Church of Humanity yourself, and while I have all respect for that religion, it makes it reasonable to believe you have your own stake in this. Your continuing of slander against Hemaism for the 2-3 nobles who you believe to be its sole representatives, and your continuous misinterpretation of the Pontifexes words (please bear in mind that both his spelling and grasp of the English language are very limited and that some leeway has to be given to account for that) supports that suspicion.

I am beginning to believe that you overreacted, saw yourself pressured into this move, partly because you also dislike Hemaism, which is your right I can't fault you for that, but you have to realize that you are the current Grand Prince, put into office also by us, you have an obligation to calm the waves instead of pouring oil into fire. To aid the smooth transition and strengthen relationships. This was the plan after all, four Kings negotiated on that, including us fanatic Hemaists, enough of us support you and the idea you represent and instead you focus on the few that don't.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: January 09, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
Burn Sint! Filthy Daimons! Do not listen to their poisonous lies, but close your ears and charge forward!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #68: January 09, 2013, 10:18:33 PM »
Benton, you've always been one of the few Sintians I like.  Your characters are also some of the few that have any grasp of the feelings the continent in general has towards Sint.

Hemaglobe's lieutenants are daimons.  His avatars are daimons.  How do you think this looks in general to people IC?

One was demanding forced conversion of everyone and everything with beheading, yes.  However there were several, including Indirik's character, who were trying to push that we "follow Sint's laws".  Which would have required the same damned thing.

Yes, Cyprian has a poor grasp on English.  However, I noticed Sintians reading into what he was saying much the same way.  So did other rulers. 

And when I was willing to instead transfer the duchy to Nothoi so as to alleviate the problem, Cyprian and Indirik threw a fit then too.

Does my character dislike Hemaism?  Absolutely!  He also wants to see the OGF, Bloodspeakers, and the ASOIAF rip-off religion in the South burn.  I think there's one or two other religions, but I forget about them completely.  Victus, of all my characters, is the one that would love putting people to death and forming a good old fashioned bloody Inquisition (which exists on Beluaterra, but not as powerful as the Spanish one).

You say three or four people were being unreasonable zealots in Sint.  Yes, but when there are only two or three others that are practicing reason and practical sense, they seem to be outnumbered!

If Benton was leader again?  He'd have a much higher opinion of Sint.  But the last few?  No, he really doesn't like Sint all that much because of it.  Even if he has repeatedly tried to give Sint chances (he had to, he was married to Skye and she liked Sint!).

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: January 09, 2013, 10:33:41 PM »
Skye and she liked Sint!).

And that's where it all went wrong! ;)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #70: January 09, 2013, 10:46:43 PM »
Not really, because Fronen would have eventually destroyed OG the way you thought it'd have gone.  Deluding yourself if you thought that wasn't their goal. :P

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: January 09, 2013, 10:48:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure total destruction wasn't actually their goal. Sure they wanted Vozzessdor, but Vatrona and especially Ossmat? That'd have been a little overly ambitious... :P

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #72: January 09, 2013, 11:00:20 PM »
Fronen was never anything but ambitious! 

Not so much anymore.  They really don't have that option. >.>

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: January 09, 2013, 11:14:48 PM »
With the level of incompetence their enemy displayed at the time, I'd have been ambitious too. It started with the most ill-prepared, idiotic war declaration of all time and then the most stubborn execution of a failing strategy I've ever seen. Like it was designed to entice Fronen, not defeat them.

But oh well, I had a lot of fun in those times, even if things didn't turn out like I wanted on several occasions... :P

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: January 09, 2013, 11:21:58 PM »
I think Fronen wanted Vatrona, and it seemed possible at a time. I was never aware of any plans for Ossmat, though. But a lot may have happened since I left it.

As for Hemaism, they worship a god of DESTRUCTION, who they wanted to summon to destroy all infidels... That sounds pretty daimonic. Hell, it sounds like Baal in Diablo II: Lord of Destruction. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron