Author Topic: Adventurer equipment sources  (Read 1469 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Adventurer equipment sources
« Topic Start: November 09, 2012, 10:14:21 AM »
I've noticed that advy gear costs different amounts depending on where you are. Is this related to gold production, region type, or is it random?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer equipment sources
« Reply #1: November 09, 2012, 01:52:52 PM »
I've noticed that advy gear costs different amounts depending on where you are. Is this related to gold production, region type, or is it random?
I believe it's mainly region type, some places are more likely to have a lot if a certain kind of gear making it cheaper or if there are few, making it more expensive.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: November 09, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »
It is not entirely random, but I vaguely recall from my time as adventurer that it's not as simple as region type or gold production.

I could be misremembering, though.

I do highly recommend trying to find a few regions where the price for one of them (or both!) is quite low, and remember to go back to these when you want to buy more...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: November 09, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
I think they are somewhat random.

Also, regions with a lot of advies seem to make things more costly...