Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 287408 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Civil war in Madina
« Reply #195: July 25, 2011, 02:50:39 PM »
Eh, I find that monsters break relatively easily as well. They just do a lot more damage compared to undead before they break and run.

egamma

« Reply #196: July 25, 2011, 03:13:33 PM »
This is irrelevant cause that horde has moved on but, 950 v. 950?? Won't be a tight battle it'll be a defender/ rogue victory.. Or am I missing something? :o

We started out with 1200CS but got in a couple of battles in Thysan. Besides, my goal is not to win battles--it's to sell food to the Zuma. So I'm set for middle/box/defensive with minimum retreat. All I really want is to avoid capture.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: July 25, 2011, 03:56:56 PM »
Eh, I find that monsters break relatively easily as well. They just do a lot more damage compared to undead before they break and run.
Yeah, that can make them tough to completely wipe out. It's not uncommon to need three or four battles to completely wipe out a big squad, especially if you don't have any cavalry for the finishing punch. And if all you have is a few small units, you can take a LOT of damage before you get them all.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #198: August 04, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Oh, hey, look... The rebels are in Tower Fatmilak destroying the tower there...

Jim

« Reply #199: August 04, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »
It's going down.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: August 05, 2011, 01:23:24 AM »
Oh, hey, look... The rebels are in Tower Fatmilak destroying the tower there...

Really?

... wasn't Madina acting all triumphant just, like, a week ago?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: August 05, 2011, 01:40:56 AM »
Really?

... wasn't Madina acting all triumphant just, like, a week ago?

You mean, like, since day one?

Smells like opportunity, in any case.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: August 05, 2011, 12:47:48 PM »

Yeah, our army was split. Most of us were off killing monsters in our rural regions with a handful sat in The Tower to try and put off an attack by Aurvandil (didn't work :P). My guess is it will go back and forth like this for a while. They'll attack The Tower, we'll attack Candiels, bit of a break, rinse, repeat.

I'm just waiting for them to attack Fatmilak, I'm certain there'll be a few annoyed D'Haran Lords out there who want their food back :P

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: August 05, 2011, 04:13:01 PM »
It was quite unthinkable for a 20k pop realm with about 700 gold income to raise a 6k+ army....
We never counted for them to go far above the 4k limit we had in mind.
But i should've known, these players also have connections with Averoth and thulsoma and even still adopt those silly saxon names, even all the way down south....

Ah well atleast we're having a challange.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: August 06, 2011, 03:25:00 AM »
You mean, like, since day one?

Oo oo, you mean we got their army out from behind their level 5 walls onto a level playing field?

So - who can rebuilt quicker.  Madina with nigh 3K gold production. . .orrr Candiels.  With 800gp production?

That's of course, pretending like they haven't expanded WAY beyond their own capacity to field an army.

I would've preferred our army was a bit closer - but hey, needed to go clear some beasts.   Never figured they'd get an extra 2K CS in a few days, that requires some serious gold they shouldn't have :P

Zakilevo

« Reply #205: August 06, 2011, 03:29:41 AM »
Those saxon fools learn their lesson not to mess with the stars :) They failed three times and now they decided to cause more havoc in southern realms..

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: August 06, 2011, 03:48:04 AM »
But i should've known, these players also have connections with Averoth and thulsoma and even still adopt those silly saxon names, even all the way down south....

Ah well atleast we're having a challange.

I'm going to assume you're just joking because trying to imply another realm is cheating just because they beat you is pretty sad.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #207: August 06, 2011, 04:48:27 AM »
He wasn't saying the realm as a whole was cheating, just those players, which has been proven before.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: August 06, 2011, 07:04:32 AM »
I don't think anyone would imply cheating, nor should really.   Though it's pretty obvious they either pulled a lot of family gold or another realm provided them gold (which, is very likely).

Regardless, we just threw them out of the Tower once our army got back.

My stats show that overall we loss 3K strength. . .and they lost 6K at the end of this exchange.

I'm pretty happy with it :)   And more importantly. . .it was fun.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: August 06, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »
I'm going to assume you're just joking because trying to imply another realm is cheating just because they beat you is pretty sad.

No Velax, i am not always joking.  :P

First of all no one has beaten no one yet.
And i am not implying that they are cheating, But I believe they are breaking the rules.
They seem to be part or partly part of the same ooc group as some Averoth/Thulsoma players.
They have ooc motives behind what they're character do and simply just gang up without any rp reasoning thats the only thing that bothers me.
The rebelion as a whole and the fact that they have so much strenght thanks to ganging up oocly is actually as Phellan noted, bringing alot of fun and excitement to us.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog