Author Topic: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)  (Read 273829 times)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Southern War of Nobility (Civil war in Madina)
« Reply #945: January 29, 2012, 12:52:49 AM »
My bet is they go to Solaria and negotiate with the tyrannical (is that spelled right?) King Malus to settle the Flow city before Morek Empire does. There are still some Caerwynites in Madina, I bet they would rather go on another colonization attempt then mold into another realm and their needs.

Two things—

It's Arbiter, not king! There are entirely too many monarchies in the game.

Flowrestown is not Solaria's to grant.  It's Morek's, and Bustoarsenzio is a much tougher customer than Malus.  Malus is a huge softie.

Zakilevo

« Reply #946: January 29, 2012, 01:18:39 AM »
No one wants to mess with Busto...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947: January 29, 2012, 03:49:14 AM »
That's because he's got Brance backing him up.   :P ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #948: January 29, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
You only need to look at the war between Xinhai and the two Empires to realize how tough a customer he is.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #949: January 30, 2012, 06:31:36 PM »
...nearly half the nobles left the realm...

Why, what happened?

Lopeyschools

• Knight
  • Meow Meow Secret Mission Meow
    • View Profile
« Reply #950: February 01, 2012, 07:15:43 AM »
Why, what happened?

I'm not really sure. As far as I can tell there was the player cleanup which knocked a bunch of our players away (apparently it did not effect Aurvandil as dramatically). Then about 6-10 players got bored of the continually stalemate and back and forth combat, so they left for other continents.
Kula (Ibladesh), Lucius (Caligan Empire), Graviel (Caerwyn)

Allomere

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #951: February 01, 2012, 11:08:44 AM »
Well active accounts don't get deleted anyway .. how did that affect Madina? The only thing that contributed to us winning in TF was you didn't seem to have even half your force defending it, right when we made a mega army.
Aurvandil - Knight Hausos At Arms Allomere de' Striguile
Vive le Souverain!!!
Ave Auziwandilaz!!!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #952: February 01, 2012, 06:24:40 PM »
"Aurvandil has taken control of Tower Fatmilak. The region used to belong to Madina."

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark...

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #953: February 01, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
"Aurvandil has taken control of Tower Fatmilak. The region used to belong to Madina."

I was really surprised to see this.  Madina dropped the ball when they moved the capitol to the Tower.  They could have learned a few lessons from the battles of Valkyrja and Storms Keep.   HUGE walls are tough to break.  A month of throwing all the gold you had into the walls of the Tower would have made it nearly impossible to storm.  How big were the walls on the Tower? 

Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #954: February 02, 2012, 03:29:06 AM »
I'm just loving watching Madina's lord capitulate.

Vindicates everything anyone ever thought about the ineffectiveness of Madina's constitution.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955: February 02, 2012, 04:43:27 AM »

I was really surprised to see this.  Madina dropped the ball when they moved the capitol to the Tower.  They could have learned a few lessons from the battles of Valkyrja and Storms Keep.   HUGE walls are tough to break.  A month of throwing all the gold you had into the walls of the Tower would have made it nearly impossible to storm.  How big were the walls on the Tower?

Level 4 with about 8k behind the walls, a bit less. They were level 4 the last time we had attacked, too..
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #956: February 02, 2012, 05:01:49 AM »
They should have turtled up Thulsoma style. Then again, everything I keep hearing about Madina suggests that it would have been next to impossible to get the other lords to contribute anything to the effort. Level 7 walls with 8k CS behind them would have broken most armies, though that last one was so big, who knows. We took down Valkyrja with about that much defending strength (maybe more even, can't quite remember anymore) and we had 40k CS. And the battle wasn't that difficult. 30k CS, we might still have managed, and so might have Aurvandil.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #957: February 02, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
I'm just loving watching Madina's lord capitulate.

Vindicates everything anyone ever thought about the ineffectiveness of Madina's constitution.

that was the whole point of the constitution. XD
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #958: February 02, 2012, 11:59:10 AM »
that was the whole point of the constitution. XD

This, the whole POINT of Madina seem to be about making sure the realm would be almost impossible to unify. Probably seemed pretty safe when you consider you can only enter their realm through a city or a stronghold.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #959: February 02, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »
They should have turtled up Thulsoma style. Then again, everything I keep hearing about Madina suggests that it would have been next to impossible to get the other lords to contribute anything to the effort. Level 7 walls with 8k CS behind them would have broken most armies, though that last one was so big, who knows. We took down Valkyrja with about that much defending strength (maybe more even, can't quite remember anymore) and we had 40k CS. And the battle wasn't that difficult. 30k CS, we might still have managed, and so might have Aurvandil.
We had a lot more siege engines when we hit Valkyrja, though. I forget how many we had, but it was at least double what Aurvandil had.