Author Topic: Price of Unique Items  (Read 13954 times)

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Price of Unique Items
« Topic Start: January 05, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »
Hi!

My Beluaterran advy has managed to find a unique item and he's willing to sell it. However, I'd like to have some references about common and reasonable prices that are usually paid for this objects. I mean, a fair bill for expenditures, displacements, hours of hunting...  :D

Thanks!

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
Re: Price of Unique Items
« Reply #1: January 05, 2013, 01:10:19 PM »
Well that depends mostly on the prestige bonus your item grants. I've got an advy on Beluaterra too, and I'm about to sell a unique item too  :D  So far I only sold an item once, with a +5 prestige bonus that was at about 60% condition for 50 gold and a recommendation. Other than that, haen't really sold anything.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 05, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
A week or two ago I bought two items, both at +90% condition, for about 300 gold. Their stats were not brilliant, but about +4 prestige. The advy also had to repair my other unique item (which I still have to get back).
Ardet nec consumitur.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 05, 2013, 02:20:19 PM »
A week or two ago I bought two items, both at +90% condition, for about 300 gold. Their stats were not brilliant, but about +4 prestige. The advy also had to repair my other unique item (which I still have to get back).

Wow, that's quite a bit. The item he found gives +7 Prestige, +7 Oratory skill and it's in 58% condition right now. Maybe 70-80 would be a fair price? It's not in its best condition, but it grants a good prestige boast, and oratory skill which is quite useful for... something  ;D

Thanks for the replies!

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 05, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »
I'd pay more for +7 in any skill useful to my character. You're looking at hundreds if gold in the academy....
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Lychaon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: January 05, 2013, 02:53:58 PM »
I'd pay more for +7 in any skill useful to my character. You're looking at hundreds if gold in the academy....

That sounds good. Moreover once you make the offer to a noble, he can refuse or accept, but does the item remain with you until he accepts? I read something about the recommendations, and as far as I remember, they're not given automatically to the adventurer. The noble decides when to offer it (if he wants), but I don't know if selling items has some kind of risk too.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 05, 2013, 02:59:10 PM »
Offering to sell the item is 'no risk'. If he doesn't accept the price, he won't get the item. Once he buys the Unique Item, he also gets the option to give a recommendation, but he doesn't have to click the link and actually give you one.

Of course, when I say 'no risk', I don't consider the Noble say beating you up and taking your Unique Item (Not sure if that's possible, but I heard rumours of it via via) or just arresting you and sending you to the Dungeons (The Judge, beyond the usual options of taking any gold you may have, including the gold you just got from the sale, can also choose to relocate your Unique Item to himself)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: January 05, 2013, 03:06:09 PM »
A noble can beat you up or arrest you, but not take your Precious. If you get wounded when beaten, you can lose your item. (It drops in the region and can later be discovered by anyone in the region.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Jon Snow

• Knight
  • Eddard, Brandon, and Jon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 05, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »
Wow, that's quite a bit. The item he found gives +7 Prestige, +7 Oratory skill and it's in 58% condition right now. Maybe 70-80 would be a fair price? It's not in its best condition, but it grants a good prestige boast, and oratory skill which is quite useful for... something  ;D

Thanks for the replies!

I'd say sell it for at least 100 gold. That's a great item.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 05, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
I paid so much because the items were in great condition and, by a stroke of luck, were names perfectly for the persons I gave them to (yes, they were gifts). Besides, in the price included was the repair of my Ornate Longsword of Daemonslaying, which is also pretty epic for my BT-character. It also doesn't hurt given advy's some good bag of gold every now and then; I myself think the adventurer game is rather unrewarding so, when people do find them, I love to help them just a little.

I'm still looking for that personal champion though.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 05, 2013, 04:51:36 PM »
A noble can beat you up or arrest you, but not take your Precious. If you get wounded when beaten, you can lose your item. (It drops in the region and can later be discovered by anyone in the region.)

He can arrest you, and the judge can take your precious.

Also, as a side note, last time I tried to give a recommendation it bugged out and said I couldn't (implied I was doing sneaky stuff).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: January 05, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
I generally pay 25 gold for each +1 of prestige, though the scale isn't linear once it's over +5.

If I'm selling I don't go under 50, whatever the item, and ask 40-50 for each +1 of prestige. Skill boosting items of course are even more pricy :) If I can't find a buyer, I just upgrade the weapon until some high up Duke catches an interest.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 05, 2013, 06:24:41 PM »
He can arrest you, and the judge can take your precious.

Also, as a side note, last time I tried to give a recommendation it bugged out and said I couldn't (implied I was doing sneaky stuff).

Or even easier, accept the sale, arrest him, and then take the gold back.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 05, 2013, 06:49:52 PM »
As far as prices go, really depends on both the seller and the buyer. Even the best items often get sold for free, while crappy items get sold for hundreds. A bunch of people, including myself, would never pay much (if anything at all, beyond a recommendation) for items that only grant prestige bonuses. Skill bonuses do add great value, though, but again, you need a buyer who actually has the gold you are looking for, if you want a big price, and one you can trust won't simply feel like you are being greedy and will arrest you right after the transaction (or even before).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: January 05, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
Or even easier, accept the sale, arrest him, and then take the gold back.

You are assuming that the Judge will go along with it. I've never been in the position, but I presume it still costs honour?