Author Topic: And a new realm lives!  (Read 179743 times)

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: And a new realm lives!
« Reply #255: January 14, 2013, 07:03:37 AM »
... Penalty is still high (unbelievably so IMHO)...

By unbelievably high you mean the exact same as three days ago? Ha! Told ya so! My argument vindicated  8)

So now you really did refuse and disrespect the ruler elect and put yourself into the frying pan!

Decisions decisions!
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #256: January 14, 2013, 07:13:06 AM »
By unbelievably high you mean the exact same as three days ago? Ha! Told ya so! My argument vindicated  8)

So now you really did refuse and disrespect the ruler elect and put yourself into the frying pan!

Decisions decisions!

Nope, not the same. But still ridiculously high. Your argument... Fail. ;)

Ruler-elect? Bah to that!

TO WAR!

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #257: January 14, 2013, 08:50:58 AM »
It seems pretty clear, in my opinion, what Woelfy is saying regarding rank and tone.

Knight to Duke OK:
"Your Grace, It is my honest opinion that you are doing more harm than good. I would even go so far as to respectfully suggest that the realm would benefit if Your grace would step down as ruler."

Anyone to Anyone NOT OK:
"You are being stupid FirstName. Your actions thus far show that you are as smart as yesterdays fecal deposit. I demand you give up the thrown, step down as duke and take a bath."

It is all in word choice and tone. Regardless, any noble should consider who they are speaking to when writing a message. There are no rules against any character holding a grudge or developing a negative opinion of someone based upon their correspondence. Of course, I have no idea what the letters in this scenario look like but it is clear that some feel that there was a general lack of respect in a few.

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #258: January 14, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »

Now, decision time: should Sevastian just keep the crown? Penalty is still high (unbelievably so IMHO). But he could very easily cement his hold. Hell, he could just exile Bowie. It's not like Bowie has much h/p to stick around too long.

Once again now its back to is the point of Sevastion not stepping down to the H/P loss or about sticking to what was agreed?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Public Service Announcement: Exile
« Reply #259: January 14, 2013, 04:15:59 PM »
Now, decision time: should Sevastian just keep the crown? Penalty is still high (unbelievably so IMHO). But he could very easily cement his hold. Hell, he could just exile Bowie. It's not like Bowie has much h/p to stick around too long.

I'd just like to remind everyone that exile will never remove someone from the realm. Even if they end up at 0 honour and 0 prestige, they can still stay as long as they want. The only way they will leave is if you can make them so bored and/or frustrated that they leave of their own free will.

Also, once someone is exiled, you cannot ban them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #260: January 14, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
Once again now its back to is the point of Sevastion not stepping down to the H/P loss or about sticking to what was agreed?

No, it's to the point where you and Bowie have bugged the sh*t out of me IC and Ooc.

I'm still deciding on how to progress from here. I'll log in after I do decide, and you will all know.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #261: January 14, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »
It's a curse for not forming as a theocracy.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #262: January 14, 2013, 07:52:08 PM »
There. Decision reached and put in action.

Imperial Republic of Swordfell for the win. None of this cuddly lovey-dovey "everyone has the same power and can talk how they want" bulls**t.

Let there be blood.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #263: January 14, 2013, 08:30:04 PM »
Ya'll just need to stop talking about this OOC.

Play the damned game without the commentary and keep it IC!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #264: January 14, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »

+1
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265: January 14, 2013, 08:42:45 PM »
I quite agree. Although I was waiting for the hair-pulling. Or did that already occur?  :o

Thalryn

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #266: January 14, 2013, 09:03:27 PM »

ooh that sounds like a good experiment.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #267: January 14, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
I quite agree. Although I was waiting for the hair-pulling. Or did that already occur?  :o

Look back a few pages in the thread to read Bowie's insults  ;D
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #268: January 15, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »
Sevastian - protested out of office. Still a royal and still duke of the capital.

This will be an amazing rebellion. Spiteful character ftw.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #269: January 15, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »
Sevastian - protested out of office. Still a royal and still duke of the capital.

This will be an amazing rebellion. Spiteful character ftw.
Well if they want you out of your dukeship, they have three options: exile you until step down, convince you to step down through words/bribery, or have infiltrators stab you until you are wounded so long that you lose dukeship due to inactivity.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton