Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

[Forum Game] Werewolf XIV: The Vengeance Factor

Started by Lefanis, January 21, 2013, 11:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dishman

Representative Fury...As a diplomatic representative of Sorraine, I am livid that you would ask us to go to our knees. It is a place more befitting your mother.

These terms are fair and befitting a mutual agreement to end hostilities, lands taken through barbarism and aggression are to be returned to the motherland. Do not overstep your hubris Ohnarian.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Arrandal

Now, now Ambassador Dishman, let us not anger our Ohnarian neighbours yet again, as a co-representative of Sorraine, please forgive my friends hasty words on the matter of your mothers placement of her knee's and let us move onto the wonders of her cooking skills that I have heard so much about, the main ingredient being pigs offal and foul...er, I mean fowl gizzards.
Thanks for the welcome, and no worries about the misunderstanding either, Arrandal is a play on Arundel, after all. Yes, new to BM and also to this forum. I do have a friend that plays and who encouraged me to join, though.  ;D

D'Espana

If I do not take this insult further, it is because of the apologies of Ambassador Arrandal. Watch your tongue, Representative Dishman; or should I understand that you would rather have some more beating to reaffirm our victory?

Let's forget about the Sorrainian's slip for this time, my dear fellow Ambassador Fury. We do not want to alienate our guests in our own city, do we? As Ohnarians, we know better than that.
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

Hmm, seems we still waiting for the rest of diplomatic representatives.

We have Arcaea realm as one of the Guarantors here. There is still one Guarantors not arrive. Cathay, where are you? We both need guarantee this treaty going to work out fair and square for both realms parties: Sorraine and Ohnar West.

My scribe, are you sure our message is delivered successfully to Cathay realm? Did not the Cathay Ruler reply saying they will send their diplomatic representative over?

My fellow diplomatic representatives, do cool down. No need to get heated and angered. Be patient, we will have a small dinner feast later after the convention. I hope no bandit block the road for other not arrive yet. Sheesh, the bandits are daring lately, I almost got waylaid myself, luckily my swordsmanship skill dispatched a couple of them on my way here.
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Penchant

Ambassador Ketchum,

It is good to see you made it here already, I apologize for not telling you prior that I would be aiding you in representing Arcaea.

With Regards,

Council,

As my fellow realm ambassador stated, Arcaea is here to oversee the treaty making, make sure all parties involved fully understand what is being agreed upon, and to aid in making treaty terms that can be agreed upon by both sides due to their fairness. Through this treaty we hope peace may once more ensue in the northwest.

With Regards,
An idea for the next werewolf could be with the assassination attempt on Regent Morgan with the bad guys being assassins and the good guys being Regent Morgan's guards or something.
Welcome to BM and the forums Arrandal. If you have any questions on the game, a great place to ask is the helpline board, which I too visit on occasion even after playing for over a year and half, so do not feel shy on asking any questions you have. Just curious, who is the player that convinced you to join BM? (forum name or family name)
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Arrandal

Telrunya who goes to the other side of the world (Australia) just to get people to join BM  ::)

Lefanis

Roles have been handed out. The first death happens at sunset.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Stabbity

As a representative of Cathay I would remind you all that is was SORRAINE'S wanton aggression that began this war. They are getting far better terms than they should, defeated and broken as they are.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Fury

Yes, Ambassador D'Espana and I are both Ambassadors of Ohnar West. Here is my certification below. I trust everyone will be showing theirs soon. We don't want to accidentally mistake anyone for a Sorraine Deploremad.

Sonya

Do any of the parts have any Treaty that want to put on the table?

Arrandal

Sorraine's Pre-eminent Deploremad placed an eye monocle upon his right eye and took up the treaty for his perusal. Hmm...hmmm...hurrumphf....hmmm...." He muttered...before placing the treaty back on the table...

Pacing up and down, "Learned College's, and Ohnarians...it seems to me that this treaty is absolutely, purely, gloriously, wonderful....that being said" Takes off his monocle and polishes it studiously upon a crisp white linen handkerchief. "I feel that there are some parameters, collusion.'s.I mean to say, inclusions and er...etc missing.."

Taps his monocle on his hand for emphasis "First of all, I think we need to include an annual party to celebrate the glory of Sorraine, not only that..." Looks around confused..."is this is a real diplomatic meeting? If so, where is the wom...er entertainment. We shouldnt begin a discussion also, until we have had atleast several bottles of Arcae red, and Cathay bubbles? Wot?"

Dishman

I find article 9 distasteful, giving Ohnar West a benifit and enticement to start a war.

9. If Ohnar West begins a War of Aggression against a Sorrainian Ally, then Sorraine shall be free to respond militarily against Ohnar West. The Guarantors Arcaea and Cathay must first agree that Ohnar West is responsible for the aggression. In such a case, Clause 5 would still apply ie handing Ossaet & Semon over to Ohnar West.

Ohnar West should not be given rewards for wars of aggression. With this provision, you cripple Sorraine's ability to help their allies. I would see this changed to

9. If Ohnar West begins a War of Aggression against a Sorrainian Ally, then Sorraine shall be free to respond militarily against Ohnar West. The Guarantors Arcaea and Cathay must first agree that Ohnar West is responsible for the aggression. In such a case, new terms of peace will have to be dictated with agreement from Ohnar West, Sorraine, the Guarantors, and the Allied Realms.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Stabbity

Perhaps then Sorraine shouldn't start wars it can't finish? Hmm, yes. Perhaps you could ask the Sorrainians who started this war how they feel? Oh yes, I forgot, they fled in terror. Sorraine is getting off easy, and if Ohnar wishes to invade Sorraine in the future, they should feel free to. After all Sorraine didn't hesitate to invade their smaller neighbor.

Dishman

So the terms are not meant for lasting peace, but a chance for Ohnar West to breath safely while they restock before further aggression? A safeguard that when Ohnar West is ready, hostilities can continue at the bidding of Ohnarians? Sir Stabbity, you show these terms for what they are. If these terms were legitimate, they would not attempt to dictate one realm ceding regions to a realm they are engaging in war with before a single battle. Those are fool's terms and only a fool would expect them to be met.

Stabbity

Oh bullocks! You know as well as anyone else does that these terms serve one purpose:

To end Sartanist aggression. Of course the terms aren't fair. No more fair than a bigger realm (Sorraine) declaring war on a smaller realm (Ohnar West) and decreeing that the smaller shall be destroyed. The terms are meant to be punitive. Sorraine lost a war they started and refuse to give up cities, OF course there are going to be terms that favor Ohnar West in a fashion one might deem "unfair". Honestly I would prefer if Arcaea kept more distance and would let the two realms duke it out until Sorraine finally collapses under the weight of the massive military failure their war has been. This isn't nursery school, Sorraine made their bed, now they need to lie in it.