Author Topic: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?  (Read 30015 times)

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
Re: Exile - Last Ditch Effort or Self Infliction?
« Reply #90: February 02, 2013, 08:41:03 PM »
It was a summarization from a player a while ago, I'll try to find it.

Regardless, it wasn't meant with ill intent. Had I meant ill, I would have been far more direct.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: February 02, 2013, 10:17:10 PM »
It was a summarization from a player a while ago, I'll try to find it.

Regardless, it wasn't meant with ill intent. Had I meant ill, I would have been far more direct.

I have no idea where he took it from, because as far as I know, there's nowhere that the game would state such a thing.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: February 03, 2013, 04:41:36 AM »
A stronger, more centralized power base still incapable of gaining any grounds against D'Hara, heck even losing the lands it had acquired while D'Hara was on the western front.

You mean when Luria Nova completely ignored D'hara except to swat down their couple failed attempts to invade our lands and utterly annihilated their precious ally without breaking a sweat? Oh no, you get the Desert back! We let you take it back, because, its the Desert. That more centralized power base quite capably destroyed not just the D'haran army but the Vesperian army.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: February 03, 2013, 04:44:06 AM »
You mean when Luria Nova completely ignored D'hara except to swat down their couple failed attempts to invade our lands and utterly annihilated their precious ally without breaking a sweat? Oh no, you get the Desert back! We let you take it back, because, its the Desert. That more centralized power base quite capably destroyed not just the D'haran army but the Vesperian army.

Not buying it. You hardly launched any attacks on the Vesperi, and their elite were intentionally losing the war against you, diverting thousands of gold from the war efforts to later fund a tournament.

Prove me wrong... against the orvando-saxons. If you can't dent them, you surely couldn't dent us either. You'll have support for this while you were all on your own against us.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: February 03, 2013, 04:49:27 AM »
OMG, just stop this crap already. No one in this thread gives a damn about whether the Lurias or the D'Harans lost the damned war. You both have incompetent armies, and are stuck arguing about which one was MORE incompetent.

Take this crap back to the Luria Vs. D'Hara thread, and quit filling up the whole damn forum with this garbage.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: February 03, 2013, 07:11:51 AM »
OMG, just stop this crap already. No one in this thread gives a damn about whether the Lurias or the D'Harans lost the damned war. You both have incompetent armies, and are stuck arguing about which one was MORE incompetent.

Take this crap back to the Luria Vs. D'Hara thread, and quit filling up the whole damn forum with this garbage.

+1

Pike

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: February 07, 2013, 12:36:50 AM »
As I recall, Abbigal was a friend of Allison.

Honestly though, it seems to me that the best option is just to get Morek to come and burn BR to the ground.

I also like Chenier's infrastructure-overload idea. I can imagien the fury of a lord waking up to find that the rulers of the realm are stationing a permanent army in his city which he is expected to feed, supply, and pay.

But that wouldn't actually rogue the region or drive him out would it?

umm,, how did Abbigal and Allison become freinds? 

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: February 07, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »
umm,, how did Abbigal and Allison become freinds?

The exact same way that Bowie became friends with Allison, and a spy for the Moot, and friends with that Lurian guy (what was his name, Tjsasa?) and secretly plotting to eradicate Astromancry from Swordfell. Don't you see? Sevastian can see into parallel universes! He knows things that aren't even true. It is rather amazing if you ask me. I'm impressed.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: February 07, 2013, 12:56:01 AM »
Lulz. Just.... Lulz.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: February 07, 2013, 02:20:29 PM »
The exact same way that Bowie became friends with Allison, and a spy for the Moot, and friends with that Lurian guy (what was his name, Tjsasa?) and secretly plotting to eradicate Astromancry from Swordfell. Don't you see? Sevastian can see into parallel universes! He knows things that aren't even true. It is rather amazing if you ask me. I'm impressed.

To be fair, Bowie has been collaborating with Machiavel. To the point that it almost single-handedly drives D'Hara's foreign policy. Lots of characters know that. However, the idea that anyone in Luria is friends with Bowie, or vice versa, is ludicrous and should discredit Sevastian's entire statement.

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: February 07, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
To be fair, Bowie has been collaborating with Machiavel. To the point that it almost single-handedly drives D'Hara's foreign policy. Lots of characters know that. However, the idea that anyone in Luria is friends with Bowie, or vice versa, is ludicrous and should discredit Sevastian's entire statement.

Ya they're friends, but it is no conspiracy. And they're directing their foreign policy based on Bowie? Ha! Why?

I had no idea the pair had such influence on the Tomb Islands.
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: February 07, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »

Tarajist made a blatant reference to Bowie in character. If they aren't in communication, it was a very well done ploy on Tarajist's part.

But then again, I don't think of Tarajist as a Lurian...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: February 07, 2013, 11:22:45 PM »

Because obviously you know that for a fact. If you think Bowie single-handedly drives D'Hara's foreign policy, you give him way too much credit. Alice has a lot more to do with D'Hara's stance on Swordfell than Bowie could ever dream to.

Machiavel enjoys Bowie's unpredictability. But this is a trait that he utmost hates in collaborators... such as Glaumring.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: February 08, 2013, 03:38:03 AM »
Because obviously you know that for a fact. If you think Bowie single-handedly drives D'Hara's foreign policy, you give him way too much credit.

I know it for a fact. I didn't mean to claim that Bowie is the driver of D'Hara's foreign policy. Machiavel is. And Machiavel's interest is very much in Swordfell.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: February 08, 2013, 03:48:29 AM »
I know it for a fact. I didn't mean to claim that Bowie is the driver of D'Hara's foreign policy. Machiavel is. And Machiavel's interest is very much in Swordfell.
I will admit that Machiavel probably has the largest influence on foreign policy but Chenier can say for sure, I am pretty sure your a bit off in his interest of Swordfell. Caring is one thing but to the extent your implying I would say is definitely off.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton