Author Topic: REJECTED: Feature Request: Allow rulers to change government type at will  (Read 5112 times)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
No.

This was discussed before.

The closes I will EVER even consider is an idea from a different game where the ruler has the power to shift government type by one "step" ONCE. But that would require a different setup of government systems (among other things, ours aren't on a linear scale).

With the exception of theocracy, it can be viewed in a fairly linear fashion. Democracy-Republic-Monarchy-Tyranny. I'd say just put Theocracy in the same slot as monarchy and give the ruler the choice there.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
With the exception of theocracy, it can be viewed in a fairly linear fashion. Democracy-Republic-Monarchy-Tyranny. I'd say just put Theocracy in the same slot as monarchy and give the ruler the choice there.

More or less. Game-wise, there's no longer any difference between democracies and republics. They may as well be replaced with an "Electoral" government system.

I'm also unsure if tyrannies give the ruler bonus theocracies and monarchies do... If they do, both tyrannies and theocracies would then appear to basically be the same as well.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
There are differences between all the government styles. Some obvious, some not. But they are there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.