Author Topic: Phoenix Empire  (Read 39174 times)

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix Empire
« Reply #75: February 21, 2013, 02:44:26 PM »
This argument is getting old.

If CE is a puppetmaster of Talerium and Tara, then Eston was a puppetmaster of Darka and BoM. The relationships were fairly analogous as far as I could tell.

I'm starting to think that Kerwin's biggest mistake was to think that he was actually in charge of the Northern Alliance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

To be honest, Kerwins mistake was listening to Eston's council because we would make a decision, back track on it, then yell at him, rinse, and repeat.  Kerwin was too nice, he was trying to work with a group of people (inside Eston) that had no desire to agree to anything.

CE did to Eston (forced departure of the Government and Council) what Kerwin needed to do to Eston but did not have the tools to do so.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 02:46:23 PM by Azerax »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: February 21, 2013, 04:49:55 PM »
This went from "tada the Phoenix Empire" to "tada CE controlls the world" pretty damn quickly.

The thing is, Merlin has a lot of adversaries in Coria. As the player said, he'll have to survive the first week.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: February 21, 2013, 05:28:49 PM »
This argument is getting old.

If CE is a puppetmaster of Talerium and Tara, then Eston was a puppetmaster of Darka and BoM. The relationships were fairly analogous as far as I could tell.

I'm starting to think that Kerwin's biggest mistake was to think that he was actually in charge of the Northern Alliance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

The Northern Alliance members have histories consisting almost entirely of warring one another. They united explicitly in response to the threat that the Empire posed to the island. If CE hadn't remained a threat, it would have broken apart with wars between the members -- just as it always has. Hell, do you have any idea the significance of Darka joining war without a contract? CE posed (and poses) a threat that serious.

When was the last time you saw one bloc realm fight another without CE's blessing?

The NA was formed because "the enemy of my enemy", while the Empire is a series of realms afraid of the big bully.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: February 21, 2013, 05:30:02 PM »
The NA was formed because "the enemy of my enemy", while the Empire is a series of realms afraid of the big bully.

Or they like the bully.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

de Aquitane

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: February 21, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »
Or they like the bully.

I think this is more the case and also the real problem. If the Empire really was an evil republic executing tyranny on its subjects, sooner or later an opportunistic ruler of one of the vassal realms would try to rebel. As it is now, being part of the Cagil seems to have only positive impacts. And with this there's no motivation for conflict and it leads to stagnation. I hope that if this new Empire survives and becomes a thing, it will either cease to exist once infighting breaks between the current one, or Coria starts demanding increasing taxes from its protected realms, or otherwise acting more forceful.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: February 21, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
I think this is more the case and also the real problem. If the Empire really was an evil republic executing tyranny on its subjects, sooner or later an opportunistic ruler of one of the vassal realms would try to rebel.

Huh....

Well, idk about "rebel" as most opportunistic rulers don't seek suicide. But, there are certainly better things than being a vassal.

Trust me, its not because they like CE. They are scared of CE. If they like CE it is a function of them not being the ones under attack by CE at the time.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: February 21, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
Let me give a clear example of CE using "puppets":

Letter from Jason Elegant   (50 minutes ago)
Message sent to all elder members of "League of the Eagle" (14 recipients)
King Merlin,

I have to raise a second concern. Coria is threatening Rieleston to give up Elost. According to the treaty with Eston, it rightfully belongs to Rieleston. Eston has intentionally tried to circumvent the treaty and you are helping them do it. As a friend, you should have helped us enforce it, just like we helped you with all the treaty implementation and respected your treaties with other realms. Please show some respect to your allies, look they are laughing at us due to this action of yours:

Letter from Cyrilos Vellos   (30 minutes ago)
    Message sent to everyone in your realm (21 recipients)
    Royal Marshal,

That was one of the most lackluster apologies and mind-bogglingly convoluted ways of trying to walk back embarrassing statements I've seen in a long time; at least since I left Riombara. You would be wiser to be more clear: make fewer outrageous statements, and simply apologize when you're wrong. Making excuses for yourself is entirely unseemly, and certainly not Kingly.

You and Ianish are both young, it is true. But age does not matter. Nor, by the way, does experience. Nor does which ancient patriarchs of Eston you invoke. What matters is a judgment of character.

Lord Ianish, on his first day as my vassal, took the role of Steward and secured hundreds of bushels of food for Barad Lacirith: and for that, I respect him.

Lord Ianish, as Lord of Elost, made a courageous decision to spit in the face of our Cagilan oppressors and the bastards in Rieleston for their unequal treaty: and for that, I applaud him.

Lord Ianish volunteered for a thankless job as Royal Treasurer when none would do it: and for that, I commend him.

Jason Elegant
Prime Minister of Cagilan Empire
Royal of Cagilan Empire
Elder of League of the Eagle

And, how best to respond to such use of "puppets":

Letter from Merlin Silverfire
Message sent to all elder members of "League of the Eagle" (14 recipients)
To the Prime Minister of Coria,

First, let me apologize on behalf of my courier, he informed me that you had sent two letters, but apparently he didn't grip the first letter very tightly, and so it flew out of the window. I hastily sent him looking for the letter, and you can rest assured that I will have found it by the time you respond to this own letter of mine.

I can only assume that your first letter regarded a first concern, as the second one speaks of a "second" but I'll simply address the second concern first.

Let me begin by saying that Coria is not in any way threatening Rieleston to give up Elost. Coria has, through me, sent a single letter to Rieleston requesting that they return Elost to Coria after they stole it from us by force. I have had no other correspondence with their ruler, and thus could not possibly have made such a threat of which you speak. Unless of course you threatened Rieleston on behalf of Coria that is.

Coria is both a friend and ally of CE, and all the other members of this League. We are helping you enforce and support your treaty. That treaty certainly granted Rieleston with a claim to Elost, but Coria also gained a claim to Elost when its rightful lord swore fealty for his region to me. So, we have two realms each with their own claim to the region.

Now, this would all be well and good, but Rieleston instead of talking with Coria about the region, sent soldiers into Elost and attacked Corians. They then used their military influence and abashed assault on the Corian bureaucrats of Elost to turn the region's loyalty to Rieleston. Now, luckily, I am a conservative ruler of Coria and so instead of threatening Rieleston as you claim I have simply asked for its peaceful return. I can share the letter if you do not trust the word of your friend and ally.

Then again, we have another issue, BOTH Rieleston and Coria are allied to CE. Certainly this means, that CE shouldn't take sides in a dispute between their allies. Although, if they did take sides I'm sure they'd choose their ally which has fought beside them for so long and is a member of the League of the Eagle, and not a newly minted ally who has demonstrated their dislike and plans to harm Coria.

I guess, the last thing to consider in this situation, is that Coria should certainly not be carrying out this course of diplomacy because we didn't first ask permission from CE. Obviously, Coria is only allowed to gain regions through treaties that CE is either a signatory to, or when they grant support ahead of time.

Thus, please forgive me for my actions by asking politely for return of a region from a realm who has assaulted my nobles and invaded my realm with troops.

Merlin Silverfire
Consul Regnant of Coria
Royal of Coria
Duke of Frekpotis
Margrave of Barad Falas
General of League of the Eagle
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: February 22, 2013, 07:42:29 AM »
Who want to make a bet how long this new insane Emperor of FalasanTuchanon XXXXV will remain in his seat ?
A plan without a goal, is just a wish .

Eirikr

« Reply #83: February 22, 2013, 08:28:01 AM »
Who want to make a bet how long this new insane Emperor of FalasanTuchanon XXXXV will remain in his seat ?

I'm actually starting to think Ottar preferred Ravendon to Merlin. haha

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: February 22, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »
I'm actually starting to think Ottar preferred Ravendon to Merlin. haha

Ottar would prefer anyone to Merlin. Merlin isn't afraid to speak his mind.

I also think he is still anal about Merlin's actions as Duke during the Hammarsett war.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: February 22, 2013, 11:29:46 AM »
Maybby KK should take the seat of Emperor?  ::)

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: February 22, 2013, 01:24:32 PM »
Maybby KK should take the seat of Emperor?  ::)

-Jaune
+1 Ay, I could live with that. Emperor should always be strong and trustworthy.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: February 22, 2013, 01:45:22 PM »
heh, i guess problem is that KK aint much of fan of Empires... then again this new empire has some real good ideas... but i rather see a lot free realms without empires... where to make some business... empires bad to the business :/
~Violence is always an option!~

Munro

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: February 22, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
I knew Coria and Tara headbutted on a couple of things during the War. Especially their perceived lack of support. But how did it get so bad that there were rumours of us contemplating attacking them!? What did I miss when I left!?

[suspicious]P.S This looks like an interesting button! Suspicious![/suspicious]

Zadar

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: February 22, 2013, 02:15:20 PM »
Nothing more than this new madmanemperor who wish to end CE's dominations by creating own Empire. His continous plans to weaken our world domination.

This kind of madman needs to be exiled from Atamara.

Letter from Merlin Silverfire   (1 day, 8 hours ago)
Your Majesty, King Minas Leon,

How have I not treated you with the utmost respect? I recognize that currently I only hold the title of Duke, but when I take over as Ruler we shall be equals. I merely spoke to point out that I am not unaware of the manners of politics and diplomacy. I have led Coria from behind the scenes as if a Kingdom ever since I stepped down as Ruler of Coria, but I plan to take over direct rulership again.

My speech is also direct, as that was your wish was it not?

As to the risk for my side of things, I can't be banned. I control Coria. It is mine as much as Minas Leon is yours. I know everything that takes place with Coria's foreign diplomacy, and organize our foreign diplomacy.

But fine, we'll discuss this then, and lets see what you think. I currently have the dedicated support of one of two realms which will be created from Eston's ashes by the treaty with CE. It is the larger portion of what will remain of Eston. That is the only commitment I've received so far, but I've also not communicated too widely yet this idea. Should I get your support my next plan was to contact both Sordnaz and Kostaja at the same time. I am already in contact with Suville and Strombran. I will make contact with Carelia and Caergoth later on, potentially after the foundation of the empire itself. I also plan to try and convince one or more dukes to secede from Tara or CE to join the Empire with their duchies.

That is my plan and its current state.

Signed,

Merlin Silverfire
Duke of Frekpotis
Margrave of Barad Falas
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:00:45 PM by Zadar »