Author Topic: Averoth OOC conflicts with GM  (Read 37127 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Averoth OOC conflicts with GM
« Reply #15: April 11, 2011, 08:56:04 PM »
50+ characters in a 3 region realm IS suspicious, no matter which way you look at it, especially on Dwilight where a 1 noble per island rule is in place. To give you an example:

Averoth is in 2nd out of 16 places in amount of nobles. (not counting Entai)
It is 15th out of 16 in amount of regions. (again not counting Entai)

That's not normal. The only realms who've had such numbers were filled with multies. Draw your own conclusions.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: April 11, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
I think another agravating problem we see in Averoth is Tom´s message accusing people of cheating, because the realm has 50+ nobles and only two regions.

That's not why he sent the message.

And also how a noble was deported from Averoth because his name was not helping the Medieval atmosfere, only after he was elected judge of the realm (and it seems that when he was a regular noble his name wasn´t a problem).

That happened when it did because new Titans were named, and were able to act on the problem.  It had nothing to do with him being the Judge.

All this led to a conclusion about the GM´s or Titans or whomever is playing against Averoth is using OOC tools to win the war.

No, that conclusion was drawn long before, by people determined to see everyone at fault but themselves. People who believe that it's their right to exploit any possible loophole to get ahead, just because they're a small realm facing a behemoth.

It doesn't work that way.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: April 11, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
Well was just telling what I saw/see I'm not in the realm for a long time. joined because a friend told me it was a good and fun place to be.

At least for the time I was/am there those are the reasons given to this conclusion.

50+ characters in a 3 region realm IS suspicious, no matter which way you look at it, especially on Dwilight where a 1 noble per island rule is in place. To give you an example:

Averoth is in 2nd out of 16 places in amount of nobles. (not counting Entai)
It is 15th out of 16 in amount of regions. (again not counting Entai)

That's not normal. The only realms who've had such numbers were filled with multies. Draw your own conclusions.

Well friends can be invited to play together, I until recently i had a char in the same realm a close friend of mine...and we both never did any illegal thing.

But well, Im just waiting for Tom´s decision on this...
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: April 11, 2011, 09:59:07 PM »
...a friend told me it was a good and fun place to be.

Were they right?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: April 11, 2011, 10:06:29 PM »
Were they right?

Yes and no, I´m still not too into Dwilight right now, my realm in Beluaterra is in trouble so I´m more focus on that now (i´m the ruler). But it has been a good place to be...at least there is some active people and IC letters to read there
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: April 11, 2011, 10:35:36 PM »
Well was just telling what I saw/see I'm not in the realm for a long time. joined because a friend told me it was a good and fun place to be.

At least for the time I was/am there those are the reasons given to this conclusion.

Well friends can be invited to play together, I until recently i had a char in the same realm a close friend of mine...and we both never did any illegal thing.

But well, Im just waiting for Tom´s decision on this...

Inviting a friend isn't illegal, I've recruited one or two myself. However, when 38 out of 50 nobles in your 3-region realm all consistently move within 2 hours of turn change, then there's something fishy going on. No such thing as that much coincidence, take it from a former multi-cheater.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: April 11, 2011, 11:01:26 PM »
Inviting a friend isn't illegal, I've recruited one or two myself. However, when 38 out of 50 nobles in your 3-region realm all consistently move within 2 hours of turn change, then there's something fishy going on. No such thing as that much coincidence, take it from a former multi-cheater.

If you count that these 2h are when usually most players log in the game, then it is not that fishy or suspicious...

I´m not defending multi-cheaters or the realm, I just tought I could add somethings on why most players in Averoth think the GM´s, the Dev team members, and/or the Titans are using OOC things to win a IC war.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: April 11, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »
Twist it any way you want, 75% of your players logging into the game 2 hours before turn is not normal.

Zakilevo

« Reply #23: April 11, 2011, 11:48:30 PM »
Maybe someone could try and check their ips? :)

Well I check my chars whenever the turn changes. I literally wait on the char page refreshing until the turn changes. :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #24: April 12, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
Holy hell. He is the most angry a** ever lol. So why was he kicked? I don't think you would get kicked from naming the guy 'Lex'. Can you?

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: April 12, 2011, 04:32:12 AM »
stuff

Considering you are so set in your persecution complex, I suppose you haven't considered that both of the events you named generate island-wide messages. Just because something is not noticed within its own realm does not mean it no eyebrows will be raised when it is shouted to the entire island.

More importantly, it is not allowed to publicly object to Titan decisions. It is stated very clearly that all objections should be brought to Tom and only to Tom, and I feel that if you don't respect this game enough to do even this you will not be missed.

Good luck in your life.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:37:39 AM by ^ban^ »
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: April 12, 2011, 04:41:30 AM »
If you put The House Of in your name, it is directly in violation of the naming rules as far as I remember. Other then that, most name violations only get caught if someone reports it. It could just be that since you started warring another nation, the name was noticed by someone new that reported it. There is no need to jump to the conclusion that OOC crap is happening due to 1 person getting a titan reprimand, unless you are saying Averoth is lost without you.

With regards to the army, in my opinion it is somewhat of a OOC clan issue if a large group of you always play together in realms in order to be a super effective strike force. To me part of the game is doing what you can in a realm with the nobility that ended up their, not calling in a team of elite players. Its not really against the rules, but that doesn't mean its good for the game.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:51:30 AM by De-Legro »
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: April 12, 2011, 04:50:23 AM »
Yes I agree. The fun of this game is where you have to learn to work with players you do not know. :)

Raviel Armityle

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Re: A moment of perspective.
« Reply #28: April 12, 2011, 04:52:01 AM »
All these accusations are completely ridiculous, and no self respecting player should believe them.

There is NOTHING suspicious about the number of nobles in Averoth. Before Thulsoma's fall, Thulsoma had 25 nobles, and Averoth had 26, Thulsoma banned about five of them, and executed 1, Averoth lost a few also. The current number of Averothian nobles is derived from a mixture of original Averothian's, 15 of the 25 Thulsomans, some defectors from Astrum and Libero Empire, and a few others from Summerdale and Caerwyn. By sheer mathematics, the number is actually lower than it should be if we are all multiple accounts, and if we were multiple accounts, don't you think we'd be doing better?

As for our fast movement rates, well like Lex said, if you live in Europe, then Turn change conveniently comes just after the time you get home from school, or work, whereas the morning turn change happens before you get up, generally. So late turn moves are far from suspicious, besides which, Thulsoma always had excellent movement rates, and late turn movements, and so did Averoth. If you like, I can copy half a dozen orders from Sextus where he clearly orders us to make a later turn move as possible, or only sends the orders an hour or two before turn change. So to sum up, there is absolutely nothing suspicious about our numbers of nobles, or their movement.

Lets compare it to Astrum, Astrum had 42 nobles before the war with Averoth, now they have 62, that's an increase of around 20 nobles, and Thulsoma only gave Averoth an increase of 15 nobles, and yet it is somehow suspicious when Thulsoma joins Averoth? But not when Astrum gets an even greater number of nobles? Where else was Thulsoma going to go? IC we hate Summerdale, Libero Empire wouldn't agree to our terms, Caerwyn were to complacent, and Averoth was our only ally, the only realm that helped us and defended us, and the only realm that was fighting our enemies. Besides which, Averoth is a genuinely pleasant realm to be in, by contrast the prevailing image we get of the SA realms, is that they are all very bitchy and rude, with no roleplays and no fun wars. There is nothing at all fun in fighting a gang war on a tiny three region realm when combined you control most of the continents wealth and military power, BUT it is insanely fun to fight the fight of an underdog against impossible odds, that's why so many nobles loved Thulsoma, ignoring the epic roleplay, friendly atmosphere and fun players, the war was incredible. It was a heady sort of awesome to be a badass "no nonsense" sort of realm that said to the continent leaders that they can shove their influence up their arse and leave us alone, I can tell you, realms that are subservient in those situations sicken me, but they are also the norm, which is another reason why Thulsoma was at times hilarious, I can remember multiple instances where I and a lot of other members in the realm burst out laughing at some remark or other about continental happenings.

By sheer comparison, Averoth and Thulsoma make for better realms than the SA realms. They have a good sense of community and friendship, they have roleplays and a fun war, and they have players who go out of their way to make you feel welcome and to become your friends. SA realms just seem really grumpy and moody, a bunch of complacent players sitting around doing nothing, never saying anything, until there is a chance of them to have a massive gang war. Looking at it objectively, the war on Thulsoma was utterly pathetic, and so is the war on Averoth, but what's truly pathetic is all the Out of Character griping coming from Astroism, why? Because we're defending ourselves, we're not rolling over and dying. Would you like the war to last a month and be no challenge at all? Or like Thulsoma, a war that lasts over a year and has the biggest battles ever seen on the continent, and has the best roleplay and contributes the most to the continent? It's ridiculous, it really does seem like SA is super pissy because they aren't getting their own way, which is to say, having everything come easy to them on demand.

I was there in Thulsoma when we were actually shown messages of SA discussing how to get Thulsoma banned, it was sickening.

"Oh, they once tried to merge, can we get them banned for that?"
"They claim to be Saxons, can we report them for that?"
"Is their religion a copy of Anglo Saxon  Paganism, isn't that punishable by game rules?"
"They usurped the realm, they aren't allowed to do that!"

And yes, I am not !@#$ting you, these were ACTUAL messages shown to us Out of Character about stuff being said in Astromancy. Did we bitch about it? No. Did we ever resort to OOC insults and accusations? No. When some player in SA, put obvious multiple accounts into Thulsoma to have them rebel, did we do all we could to have all the SA realms deleted? No, we treated it entirely In Character, and if the player behind it is reading, they surely remember that we used their obvious OOC multiple accounting as an excuse to make epic roleplays, execute a Morekian and demand death duels from them.

Thulsoma and Averoth, are better realms run by better players, the best in the game in my opinion. If nothing else, we go out of our way to accommodate friend or foe, to make the best out of a bad situation. Those in Astrum can see that, I got moved to Astrum by a bug, did I bitch about it? No, I used it as a perfect chance to RP and get Astrum to RP back to me, I at least had fun, I hope some of you in Astrum did as well.

If Averoth gets ban hammered for this clear OOC prejudice and lies, then I won't ever return to this game. I am fed up of listening to spiteful and petty players trying to destroy everything we worked so hard to make, the work of years of effort and mutually collaboration just because they cannot get their own way in the game.

I swear this game is rocketing downhill because of some players determined to destroy us on any level possible.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: April 12, 2011, 04:53:13 AM »
The Forum is not the place to protest Titan decisions.  That is only to be done by sending an e-mail to Tom himself.  Abusive behaviour and swearing at other players is not suitable for the Forum either.

The violating message has been removed.  Let's be civil, hm?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"