Author Topic: Region Economy rebalance  (Read 33943 times)

Watly

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Region Economy rebalance
« Reply #105: August 21, 2013, 09:40:08 PM »
I have just seen a city which produces negative food post-rebalance on Dwilight xd.

It's Rettleville for those interested.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: August 21, 2013, 09:40:42 PM »
I have just seen a city which produces negative food post-rebalance on Dwilight xd.

It's Rettleville for those interested.

Yes, we know. There's a reason the rebalance isn't live yet. :P
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Watly

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: August 21, 2013, 10:43:11 PM »
Kinda interested though, how does one produce negative food?

Do they produce nothing at all and pump some food out of the peasant's bellies and throw it away? :O

Battlemaster! Now also a game of horror! :D

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: August 25, 2013, 03:16:57 AM »
But in the short term, you have every banker on Dwilight (except Morek and Nielsur) playing FoodMaster instead of BattleMaster. I've contacted all of them. You're going to see a lot of regions going rogue this winter unless the food values get adjusted.

Frankly, I don't care. The project will progress as I have time to put into it, and it is not something that I can or will partially release. Releasing a portion of this project without the rest is a recipe for disaster because of the huge changes involved.

For example, the rebalance is modifying the population of every single city on Dwilight. No exceptions. The food portion relies very heavily on this, and the food portion is being balanced by gold values of regions. As you've already seen, there are regions experiencing massive changes in their gold production.

At the end of the day, rogue regions mean nothing to me. My objective is not, and never was, to resolve short-term problems.

All that said, the project is in its final stages.

Edit: Also, because we're already along into Autumn, releasing it now would not fix your problem. Have some fun with it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:20:39 AM by ^ban^ »
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: August 25, 2013, 05:34:32 AM »
Wait... Populations is going to be changed? I thought reading somewhere in this thread that there would not be population change. Is it going to ensure that gold production for cities are not crazy high?
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #110: August 25, 2013, 05:42:56 PM »
Frankly, I don't care. The project will progress as I have time to put into it, and it is not something that I can or will partially release. Releasing a portion of this project without the rest is a recipe for disaster because of the huge changes involved.

For example, the rebalance is modifying the population of every single city on Dwilight. No exceptions. The food portion relies very heavily on this, and the food portion is being balanced by gold values of regions. As you've already seen, there are regions experiencing massive changes in their gold production.

At the end of the day, rogue regions mean nothing to me. My objective is not, and never was, to resolve short-term problems.

All that said, the project is in its final stages.

Edit: Also, because we're already along into Autumn, releasing it now would not fix your problem. Have some fun with it.

Honestly, you should really listen more to the people who have to play through this. having to deal with food CONSTANTLY really is stressful, and played a large part in burning me out until i hardly had any patience for the game anymore. this was a huge part of why i quit and deleted my account.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: August 25, 2013, 06:11:06 PM »
I think that perhaps you don't understand what "we are all volunteers working in our spare time" really means.

All the devs spend what time they can, working to develop the game as best they can. That means stuff takes time to fix or implement. Sometimes that time is very significant. If you want instant response and lots of resources expended to change the eemergency-of-the-day, then maybe you should play a game with a full time paid dev team.

In the meantime, if you find some part of the game too stressful, then stop playing that part of the game, and do something else. Let someone else who doesn't mind doing it take over.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: August 25, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
Honestly, you should really listen more to the people who have to play through this. having to deal with food CONSTANTLY really is stressful, and played a large part in burning me out until i hardly had any patience for the game anymore. this was a huge part of why i quit and deleted my account.

Honestly, you should consider who it is you're speaking to before telling me what I already know.

In the past, I was banker of Barony of Makar. At the same time, and through to today, I play the banker of Luria Nova. That same character currently stands as the single most skilled trader in the game. I became involved in the food system explicitly to determine what the issues with the current system are and how they can be fixed.

Without any degree of gloating, hubris, or whathave you, I can tell you as a fact that there is no one with as much knowledge about the food system as me.

I don't need you to tell me how stressful food is right now. I know what it's like. It's why I started this project and why I have put so much of my available time into working on a solution. I also understand the problems well enough to know that a band-aid solution will only make things worse.

Edit: Forgot a 'there'!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 08:22:59 PM by ^ban^ »
The Stefanovics live.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: October 15, 2013, 11:11:20 AM »
So, any news? No pressure.  8)

It's just that sitting on two regions with +82% post-rebalance gold output makes me drool.  ::) :-X

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: October 15, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
Rebalance is finished, but waiting on other things before it goes live.
The Stefanovics live.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: October 15, 2013, 02:52:17 PM »
Nice  :P

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: October 15, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »
Rebalance is finished, but waiting on other things before it goes live.

Okay, thanks!