Author Topic: Dwilight Politics for Five Year Olds  (Read 23076 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Dwilight Politics for Five Year Olds
« Topic Start: April 20, 2013, 02:46:01 PM »
A discussion about how realms collectively view other realms, their rulers, and their recent decisions/outbursts

Also, explained as to a five year old:
(Luria, Fissoa and D'Hara are playing together. Aurvandil is a spoiled kid who somehow always gets better gear from his parents)
(Luria): Hey Fissoa. I like you, but I don't like D'Hara. Want to be best friends? You can't be friends with D'Hara anymore, though. 
(Fissoa): But I don't want you two to fight! Sure, I'll be best friends if you want to, but I want a say in what games we play, and if you go pick on D'Hara I won't help! 
(Luria): I can understand. Sorry, but we can't be best friends anymore. 

(Fissoa): Hey D'Hara, Luria asked me to be best friends! I'm sorry, but I Luria has cooler toys. I asked her not to pick on you, though! 
(D'Hara): That's too bad, I wanted to be best friends too! But yes, Luria has way cooler toys than us. So I can understand .. I guess. 

(Luria): Fissoa, I know I didn't want to be best friends after all, but could you please just stand and watch while I bully D'Hara? 
(...)
(Luria): OMG! You talked to D'Hara behind my back? But I thought we were best friends! I'll never play with you again! 
(...)
(Luria): So I've been sulking for a while now, and actually I'm really angry! You better believe it! I want to fight [TO THE DEATH!] - you hurt my feelings real bad!!1! 
(Fissoa): Eh. Wut? 
(D'Hara): Eh. Wut? 

(Fissoa): So, D'Hara, Luria wants to fight me. I think she's just being silly, but we won't be able to play with her toys if I don't give her what she wants. 
(D'Hara): I don't understand either. Maybe you shouldn't fight her. 
(Fissoa): Meh, I better just take her on.   

(Fissoa): Hey Luria. I'll fight if you want to. I would like to say goodbye to my parents though, and tell my friends I might not be coming back. And I need to tell my brothers and sisters who's getting my toys.   
(Luria): Okay, we'll fight at my place. Just hurry, I want to go kick D'Haran ass. 
(Fissoa): But I wanted to fight at my place! Doesn't the challenged get to pick? Well, okay ... I'm on my way. 

(D'Hara and others): Hey Fissoa, we want to come say goodbye before you go fight Luria. Can we stop by? 
(Fissoa): [Teary eyes] Sure! I'll wait at the corner. 

(Aurvandil): Hahaa! I'll burn Fissoa's house down whilst he is away!   

(Fissoa): Oh !@#$. Better call 911 and wait for D'Hara some more. 
(Luria): Omg! You broke your promise! You said you'd teleport to my house! You're such a bad friend (sic)!   

(Fissoa): ... What the !@#$ did I get into.   

------------------
Feel free to reply in a similar format from Lurian/D'Haran point of view. Maybe we need a new thread, though

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:48:04 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Politics for Five Year Olds
« Reply #1: April 20, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
That is fantastic. So very true :)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 20, 2013, 08:04:08 PM »
Love it. I want to see one of these for Asylon and Astrum.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 20, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
Love it. I want to see one of these for Asylon and Astrum.

Astrum: goo gooo ga ga goo gooo  :'(

Asylon: lolz whatever dood 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 20, 2013, 09:40:37 PM »
Terran: Be my bestfriend Astrum! :D
Astrum: Sounds good, lets be friends! :)
Terran: Aurvandil keeps beating me up, can you help me out? 8)
Astrum: I would but my mom won't let me go that far :-[
Terran:OK  :'(

*Terran fights Aurvandil for a bit*
*Asylon says he is going to beat up Terran since Aurvandil and Asylon are friends*
Terran: :o Hey, I have both Asylon and Aurvandil saying they are going to attack me. Think you can help me out with Asylon since he lives a bit closer?   ???
Astrum: Totally, I have been so bored!  ;D

*Asylon and Aurvandil beat the crap out of Terran before Astrum can do anything*
*Terran goes to the hospital*
Astrum thinks to himself *Well, I guess I don't really need to fight Asylon any more but I am bored and well he hurt my friend really bad.* :P
Asylon: Wait, what? What do you mean you are you are mad at  me for helping put your friend in the hospital. You are guys are so mean, its not like we did anything wrong. >:(
Astrum thinks to himself *Seriously, I don't even care about Terran that much, but he doesn't know that so why wouldn't I attack him? Anyways, I am bored so off to go beat up Asylon I go.*  ::)
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 20, 2013, 09:49:58 PM »
Morek:

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 21, 2013, 12:27:44 AM »
Morek:
Feel free to add on a bit there.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: April 21, 2013, 01:54:33 AM »
Feel free to add on a bit there.

I think that was the point...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 21, 2013, 02:42:57 AM »
I think that was the point...
I thought about that afterwards, but here is perhaps a better version:
Terran: Want to be friend Morek?
Morek: Sounds great.
Terran: Ok, come help me with Aurvandil.
Morek: Well, ummm, I would but my mom won't let me go that far.
*Astrum's politics happen*
Astrum: Hey Bestfriend, want to help me attack Asylon?
Morek: I would but my mom won't let me.
Meanwhile Morek thinks about fighting Faronite Republic, then mistakenly thinks if they can't go to Asylon's, they can't go to FR's.
― G.K. Chesterton

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 21, 2013, 03:40:16 AM »
*Asylon and Aurvandil beat the crap out of Terran before Astrum can do anything*
*Terran goes to the hospital*

Where do you live for you to be coming across five-year-olds that are putting each other in the hospital? :P

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #10: April 21, 2013, 04:59:08 AM »
Morek is like the one big quiet kid who lives in a lonely house on a hill just outside of town. Its on the east side, just close enough to hear the music and see the lights from the west side but a bit too far out of biking range. His parents are religious nuts that only show up to the pto meetings to complain, and his younger, louder siblings all have personality disorders.

Most of the kids from town think he's weird, others think he's too shy. But he's big, so no one messes with him.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: April 21, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
Morek is like the one big quiet kid who lives in a lonely house on a hill just outside of town. Its on the east side, just close enough to hear the music and see the lights from the west side but a bit too far out of biking range. His parents are religious nuts that only show up to the pto meetings to complain, and his younger, louder siblings all have personality disorders.

Most of the kids from town think he's weird, others think he's too shy. But he's big, so no one messes with him.

Priceless
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 21, 2013, 08:43:51 AM »
Where do you live for you to be coming across five-year-olds that are putting each other in the hospital? :P
Well I was going to say Terran died but that sounded a bit much. And how else do you describe what happened to Terran. Mine was made for 5-year olds to understand but i have no !@#$ing clue what age would make sense for the realms to be sense well there isn't one.
― G.K. Chesterton

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 21, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »
Act 1
-Asylon riding on new bicycle
-runs over Terran
Aurvandil: "nice one!"
-Asylon and Aurvandil high five
End Act 1

Act 2
-Terran goes to hospital
-Astrum visits Terran in hospital, vows to avenge him
-steals parents car and chases after Asylon on bicycle
To be continued

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: April 21, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
D'hara is that annoying slightly younger kid who always smelt slightly like he had soiled himself and keeps trying to join in with the older children's games, but nobody wants to make him cry so they choose to ignore him instead of telling him to go away. :p
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.