Author Topic: Propogandize Me  (Read 39553 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Propogandize Me
« Topic Start: April 14, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »
I'm about to start up a new Noble character and am probably going to put him on the East Island.

I've never played on the East Island and know little about it, it's history, or it's realms.

Anyways, what's a good realm to start in? And how about a brief overview of what's going on on the island?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Zakilevo

Re: Propogandize Me
« Reply #1: April 15, 2011, 12:51:49 AM »
It depends on what kind of realms you prefer really.

If you want to be in a small realm, join Westmoor, Diocese of Aix and Obsidian Island. OI is fighting Sultanate of Asena while Westmoor is fighting Sirion.
Sirion is the biggest and most powerful realm in the north and currently fighting 3 on 1 war and winning. Fontan is Sirion's main enemy and recently Fontanese capital got sacked twice. SoA is dividing its main army into three to fight OI in the west and Sirion in the east and deal with their falling realm in the north (not 100% sure but that is what people are saying in Srion)

Ibladesh is the strongest in the south of the EI and also the richest realm on the continent. Currently fighting 2v2 war against Caligus and Perdan. Perdan lost a war against Caligus and Ibladesh and lost some duchies but Perdan is still strong. Ibladesh is winning the war overall but not really gaining anything. Ibladesh's ally Diocese of Aix lost half of its regions to Perdan and rogues.

It is up to you which realm you want to play in. Both north and south are having tones of battles :)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 15, 2011, 02:23:00 AM »
Ibladesh is the strongest in the south of the EI and also the richest realm on the continent.

Which means that looting them gives you a LOT more gold!  8)

Ibladesh is winning the war overall but not really gaining anything.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Ibladesh started out doing OK. But nowhere near as well as they /thought/ they would do. And lately, they have seriously stalled. This past week was pretty bad for them.

Ibladesh's ally Diocese of Aix lost half of its regions to Perdan and rogues.

Half? We had them all the way down to one region: Their capital. They have regained some of it under cover of an Ibby screening force, but those regions are in bad shape, and I doubt they can hold it long. We just defeated yet another Ibladesh army (three in a row now? four?), and the Diocese's mobile CS is down to only about 1K or so.

It is up to you which realm you want to play in. Both north and south are having tones of battles :)

This I can definitely agree with. The whole island is pretty much at war. I don't know how long the north will stay at war. The Sultanate is pretty much swiss cheese now, and Fontan keeps losing battle in their own capital. Once they fall, Westmoor will roll over and beg for mercy. I don't know what will happen then. Sirion can't possibly control all that land, not even after they have reformed Old Rancagua.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: April 15, 2011, 04:13:53 AM »
(don't listen to Indirik! he is in Perdan! he is exaggerating things!)  8)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: April 15, 2011, 04:22:31 AM »
Sirion can sometimes get into really long OOC stuff about...pointless stuff. They also get on your case if you say anything remotely close to "Guys back IC plz?".

Y'all know it's true...

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: April 15, 2011, 04:53:31 AM »
It is true. I won't deny it. We are trying to stop people from doing it but we just have too many lol.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #6: April 15, 2011, 06:15:23 AM »
During my tenure there, though that did happen, it tended to not get personal for the most part and didn't detract from my stay there at all.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 15, 2011, 06:37:34 AM »
Sirion can sometimes get into really long OOC stuff about...pointless stuff.

*shudders*

Good to know.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 15, 2011, 10:59:53 AM »
Sirion can sometimes get into really long OOC stuff about...pointless stuff. They also get on your case if you say anything remotely close to "Guys back IC plz?".

Y'all know it's true...

And they even ignore when the ruler tells them to stop :(

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 15, 2011, 02:00:19 PM »

Y'all know it's true...

Sounds like a realm that I would hate, on this point alone.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: April 15, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »
Well it's just an unavoidable consequence of being a highly populated realm. When everyone says his own opinion that can quickly became a lot of stuff. I skip it and are not particularly annoyed by it, frankly.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11: April 15, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
Half? We had them all the way down to one region: Their capital. They have regained some of it under cover of an Ibby screening force, but those regions are in bad shape, and I doubt they can hold it long. We just defeated yet another Ibladesh army (three in a row now? four?), and the Diocese's mobile CS is down to only about 1K or so.
Already forgotten about Montauban where you were defeated again and again by Ibby? But I have to admit, nice battle in Beziers. You really got us there. Great show of a strong infantry force. I applaud to that. But you ain't going to win the war.  ;)
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: April 15, 2011, 03:03:23 PM »
Already forgotten about Montauban where you were defeated again and again by Ibby?

No, that was just once, I think. And we still sent that army home in pieces. I didn't say we won all the battles, just that we've wiped out every army they sent north.

But I have to admit, nice battle in Beziers. You really got us there.

Honestly, I was surprised that you chose to stay and fight. Especially given that it was the Diocese's entire mobile force. And that even if you won, the TO would have been stopped.

Also, I was surprised that the battle went so well for us. But I'm still going to gloat, just a little bit. :)

Great show of a strong infantry force. I applaud to that. But you ain't going to win the war.  ;)

Hmmm... I seem to remember you saying that there was no way Sirion would ever beat Fontan and the Sultanate....  ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 15, 2011, 03:11:03 PM »
Hmmm... I seem to remember you saying that there was no way Sirion would ever beat Fontan and the Sultanate....  ;)

I think almost everyone, including sirion, was not expecting that.

Zakilevo

« Reply #14: April 15, 2011, 07:56:22 PM »
You can never predict what is going to happen next in BM :) Who knows, Perdan and Caligus might start winning the war tomorrow  :o