Author Topic: Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra  (Read 25384 times)

Noldorin

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Church of Sartan comes to Beluaterra
« Reply #30: June 03, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »
Oh yayy, The Order of the Golden Feather is coming to the rescue!

Kinda tricky though being the sole priest (the other one seems to be quite inactive). Perhaps I can recruit some priests in Melhed... hrm hrm!
Everything in my own immediate experience supports my deep belief that I am the absolute center of the universe, the realest, most vivid and important person in existence.

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: June 03, 2013, 11:49:45 AM »
Maybby it is time to cut "Julmaism" out from Golden Feather and make it going on AA & Melhed...

-Jaune
~Violence is always an option!~

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: June 03, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »
As in, "Who would be dumb enough to challenge Riombara?"

Actually, no. What happened was we had an arrogant bastard of a High Chancellor who basically said one thing to the rulers, and then something quite different to his realm, so that Riombara didn't really have any clue of the depth of !@#$ Folcard's brand of anti-diplomacy had landed them in.

Guillaume warned y'all.

Liara's been trying to undo it, but she keeps getting assassinated by infiltrators who then jump on ships and sail away.

...I'm already working on figuring out a good way to prevent that from happening, because it's clearly an unintended consequence of sea travel, though I wouldn't go so far as to call it an exploit at this point.

Or maybe you get attacked by your own peers?

The cost of sea travel in hostile lands is prohibitive. Especially if it's done in a repeated manner. I don't really see what's wrong with using sea travel to infiltrate enemy lands and try to avoid capture. The consequences of this are insignificant to the new possibilities of landing troops next to a capital and starting a TO of it, at least, for which no limit is intended.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: June 03, 2013, 01:45:14 PM »
Or maybe you get attacked by your own peers?

Nope, we know who's doing it.

The cost of sea travel in hostile lands is prohibitive. Especially if it's done in a repeated manner. I don't really see what's wrong with using sea travel to infiltrate enemy lands and try to avoid capture. The consequences of this are insignificant to the new possibilities of landing troops next to a capital and starting a TO of it, at least, for which no limit is intended.

The current behaviour is unintended, and adds a power to the infiltrator class that is unbalancing.

It will be removed.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #34: June 03, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »
Nope, we know who's doing it.

The current behaviour is unintended, and adds a power to the infiltrator class that is unbalancing.

It will be removed.

Why do you consider this imba?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: June 03, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »

Infiltrator lands.

Infiltrator stabs.

Infiltrator embarks.

Who stabbed? No way to know.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: June 03, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »

...Or, if you don't like the previous, how about this:

Guess why Priest/Infiltrator is not a permitted class combination?

And if we don't allow that, why the devil do you think we'd allow this??
Timothy Collett

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: June 03, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
Infiltrator lands.

Infiltrator stabs.

Infiltrator embarks.

Who stabbed? No way to know.

Apart from being usable in every coastal region instead of only the cities with sea routes, what is the difference with the old system?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: June 03, 2013, 02:00:04 PM »
Apart from being usable in every coastal region instead of only the cities with sea routes, what is the difference with the old system?

Um...how about being able to disappear from the region in the middle of the turn??
Timothy Collett

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: June 03, 2013, 02:07:10 PM »
Um...how about being able to disappear from the region in the middle of the turn??

It was an honest question, I am trying to figure out the changes.

Even as a priest, when I try to embark on a boat the game tells me:

"Sea of Silence
You are currently embarking ships in Port Raviel.
You will reach the open sea in about 5 hours."

But it does not, in fact, update every hour: it is only resolved on the turn.

I never checked the scout report when that happen, does the noble disappear entirely as soon as he starts to embark? If yes, then it seems more of a bug than an unintended consequence: the games tells different characters different things. You should only disappear from scout reports once your boat has actually left shore, and in the meantime your status should be "travelling".

In the case of Liara, I think I always could check only 1 turn afterwards, in which case there was indeed enough time for the infiltrator to leave.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: June 03, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
It was an honest question, I am trying to figure out the changes.

Even as a priest, when I try to embark on a boat the game tells me:

"Sea of Silence
You are currently embarking ships in Port Raviel.
You will reach the open sea in about 5 hours."

But it does not, in fact, update every hour: it is only resolved on the turn.

I never checked the scout report when that happen, does the noble disappear entirely as soon as he starts to embark?

Yes. When embarking on a boat, you leave the region immediately. And that's not a bug, as such: it's pretty much structural to the way sea travel works, at present.
Timothy Collett

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: June 03, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »
Yes. When embarking on a boat, you leave the region immediately. And that's not a bug, as such: it's pretty much structural to the way sea travel works, at present.

The solution seems simple then:  Only resolve embarkation on turn changes, just like all other forms of non-priest/advy movement. Is there any good reason to preserve it the way it is now?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: June 03, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »
The solution seems simple then:  Only resolve embarkation on turn changes, just like all other forms of non-priest/advy movement. Is there any good reason to preserve it the way it is now?

That...might be possible. I'm not sure. I'd have to dig into the sea-travel and embarkation code.
Timothy Collett

Tandaros

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: June 03, 2013, 06:09:29 PM »
Oh yayy, The Order of the Golden Feather is coming to the rescue!

Kinda tricky though being the sole priest (the other one seems to be quite inactive). Perhaps I can recruit some priests in Melhed... hrm hrm!

Possibly! We have zero priests though, just a bunch of crusty warriors. Defeat has soured the people's faith.  :'(

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: June 03, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
worry not! There will be grand son of god at your neighbour, who is known for big parties and huge orgies and other sinfull behaviour...

Vore became true sin city while OO hosted it... now his legacy is heading to AA.

OO worships at some extent Golden Feather, but mainly just his grand father Julma Jaune... and him only now and then when he remember...
~Violence is always an option!~