Author Topic: Fane  (Read 67960 times)

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Fane
« Reply #195: June 25, 2013, 07:00:57 PM »
If you don't want to be mauled by the bear, then don't poke the bear with the pointy stick. If you pick up the stick and start poking, you deserve your mauling.

claps claps claps!
“A leader leads by example, not by force” .- Sun Tzu

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #196: June 25, 2013, 07:54:49 PM »
Sirion must be so proud beating a one city realm into the ground, yay for Sirion supremacy. God forbid they actually faced an enemy that can match them for strength on the battlefield  8)
They survived a 4v1 war, your turn again :)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #197: June 25, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »

+1. Sirion has proven what it is worth when they were surrounded by enemies.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Zakilevo

« Reply #198: June 25, 2013, 07:59:12 PM »

You mean 5v1? Fontan-Westmoor-SoA-OI-Perdan? Or does OI not count :o

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #199: June 25, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »

5-1 !! OI WAS THERE TOO!!   ::)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #200: June 25, 2013, 08:01:19 PM »
You mean 5v1? Fontan-Westmoor-SoA-OI-Perdan? Or does OI not count :o

OI never counts. What is this OI you speak of? Do you mean the wild islandtribe with absolutely zero significance ever?
Ardet nec consumitur.

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #201: June 25, 2013, 08:06:02 PM »
OI never counts. What is this OI you speak of? Do you mean the wild islandtribe with absolutely zero significance ever?

You disrespect the best unit cohesion risers ever.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #202: June 26, 2013, 02:29:23 AM »
You disrespect the best unit cohesion risers ever.
Indeed. I would never discount OI at all. Remember OI did bring 10K CS to the table when they attack Nivemus the last time ;D

For those interested in duelling, come join Northern Swordfighters guild in Pedrera region.
As to Brock duel with Lady of Fane, look like Brock does not like to hurt lady that much. See below :P

Duel   (20 hours, 12 minutes ago)

Brock Ketchum, Stratarchos of Nivemus, Knight of Obando meets his challenger Stella' Telmes Terises, Dame of Oligarch for the agreed duel till surrender.
Stella' Telmes has decided to use the 'defensive' strategy while Brock has chosen the 'neutral' strategy, giving Brock the advantage.
The duel goes back and forth for a while. Finally, Stella' Telmes surrenders after suffering a light wound.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #203: June 26, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
As one of the little here with insights to northern and southern military aspects, I'd say you compare here apples with bananas. (You can choose what Sirion is ;))

Sirion has fought (and won) valliantly in a 5 vs 1 war, I was there, in Sirion.
But you can't compare Sirion to any other realm due to two factors: a) defensive advantage due their long line of walls at the Sirion river and b) a huge amount of ressources.

Even if it seems that it sounds so special and unfair to some, but the only way to defeat Sirion is to hit it with more than 1 realm, since you will need to attack it on multiple fronts and Sirion, even if only limited to the lands behind Sirion river, is BIG.
No sane realm would attack Sirion alone.

Sirion's army now is a terrible but powerful beast to tame, but on defensive, including their wall lines and their excellent ranged units, Sirion is not to be defeated. This must be admitted here in all honesty.
Even a mediocre general would do not bad with such defensive capabilities if he just knew to move along the line when needed (well I did bad for some, as I was the first to leave those walls - chaarge! - hehe ;)).

Sirion's ressources + defensive advantage is something that no other realm has and therefore it is very "brave" (be cautious: irony) to say "it's your turn now" to any other realm on EC.

Sirion and all other realms on EC simply play in a different league - now more than ever before of course - and I always wonder, when some Sirion players still speak about "vengeance" and "you should suffer the same", when that only means that they lower this way their own realm's status to the other realms.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:38:08 AM by Atanamir »

Hinamoto

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #204: June 26, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
As one of the little here with insights to northern and southern military aspects, I'd say you compare here apples with bananas. (You can choose what Sirion is ;))

Sirion has fought (and won) valliantly in a 5 vs 1 war, I was there, in Sirion.
But you can't compare Sirion to any other realm due to two factors: a) defensive advantage due their long line of walls at the Sirion river and b) a huge amount of ressources.

Even if it seems that it sounds so special and unfair to some, but the only way to defeat Sirion is to hit it with more than 1 realm, since you will need to attack it on multiple fronts and Sirion, even if only limited to the lands behind Sirion river, is BIG.
No sane realm would attack Sirion alone.

Sirion's army now is a terrible but powerful beast to tame, but on defensive, including their wall lines and their excellent ranged units, Sirion is not to be defeated. This must be admitted here in all honesty.
Even a mediocre general would do not bad with such defensive capabilities if he just knew to move along the line when needed (well I did bad for some, as I was the first to leave those walls - chaarge! - hehe ;)).

Sirion's ressources + defensive advantage is something that no other realm has and therefore it is very "brave" (be cautious: irony) to say "it's your turn now" to any other realm on EC.

Sirion and all other realms on EC simply play in a different league - now more than ever before of course - and I always wonder, when some Sirion players still speak about "vengeance" and "you should suffer the same", when that only means that they lower this way their own realm's status to the other realms.

It is easy to give arguments with monday's newspaper. Before we stood up and beated everyone NO ONE gave two cents about Sirion winning. Everyone was either cockily bragging about who would get Parm, who would get Avamar and how they would make fun of Sirion been a single city realm in Slimbar or just pointing out how doomed Sirion was. We beated all of them and suddenly is easy to defend Sirion?

Bleh!

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #205: June 26, 2013, 02:52:53 PM »
It is easy to give arguments with monday's newspaper. Before we stood up and beated everyone NO ONE gave two cents about Sirion winning. Everyone was either cockily bragging about who would get Parm, who would get Avamar and how they would make fun of Sirion been a single city realm in Slimbar or just pointing out how doomed Sirion was. We beated all of them and suddenly is easy to defend Sirion?

Bleh!

Yes Sirion is easy to defend.
I am not talking about ppl here who were selling the bear hide before killing the bear.
I was referring to facts.
However, I agree, it is not easy to go into offensive with Sirion.
Too broad hierarchy, I made that experience personally. ;)

Jaden

• Noble Lord
  • Jameel, Jabari, Jadyn, Jerold
    • View Profile
« Reply #206: June 26, 2013, 03:05:34 PM »
Sirion's geography is a bit ridiculous though, you have 6 regions that access it's heartland and 4 of them happen to be a city or a stronghold... I would think it has the most defensible geography across BM except maybe for Riombara, and that was because of the netherworld swallowing a huge chunk of Beluaterra.
PM me for the Dota 2 guild.
"Darka would like to thank CE and co for their generous offerings, the Holy Volcano will be filled up for days with all these offerings!"-Jaret Jaron's last words

trying

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #207: June 26, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »
Sirion's geography is a bit ridiculous though, you have 6 regions that access it's heartland and 4 of them happen to be a city or a stronghold... I would think it has the most defensible geography across BM except maybe for Riombara, and that was because of the netherworld swallowing a huge chunk of Beluaterra.

You're forgetting about the northern islands in FEI. It has just 2 routes in and the regions those routes lead to are adjacent to each other which is why it took Arcaea years to beat through.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208: June 26, 2013, 06:24:45 PM »
We beated all of them and suddenly is easy to defend Sirion?
FWIW - I have maintained for years that Sirion is ridicullously easy to defend. I've been saying this since way back when it was "everyone V. Sirion", back before the first Perdan/Caligus war. Not only do you have a huge ring of fortifications, but you have the internal geography (small regions, low travel times, and good region connections) that makes defender movements fast and easy, while the attackers have huge regions, long travel times, and probably crappy roads. The only way to break through this is to smash into the walls with huge armies, in multiple locations. Or spend an insane amount of time marching all the way north to the coastline, and then across the plains. Again, very slow and hard to hide your intentions, especially if you have friends in Nivemus reporting troop movements.

This is about the same situation that Astrum has on Dwilight. Except Sirion has it even better. Astrum's ring of fortifications has some holes, and some townslands. Sirion is mostly cities/stringholds.

This isn't an indictment of Sirion, by any means. You guys have the geography on your side, and that's that. A geographical advantage exists, and you take advantage of it. Blaming Sirion for it would be like blaming Perdan for having their northern border guarded by Bescanon, a river, and some tall mountains. Or OI for having access to their islands guarded bya  sea route that terminates in their capital city.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Atanamir

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #209: June 26, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
Blaming Sirion for it would be like blaming Perdan for having their northern border guarded by Bescanon, a river, and some tall mountains.

Perdan has enough holes to be won easily against as the last Perdan/Caligus/Ibladesh war showed.
You just need to adapt the right strategy as attacker.
In this case now, there is no strategy to defeat Perdan, everyone just waits for Sirion and to win with brute numbers.