Author Topic: Message groups in guilds  (Read 2682 times)

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
Message groups in guilds
« Topic Start: June 20, 2013, 02:12:02 PM »
Summary: allow elders of a guild to create message groups within the guild like a ruler can for a realm.

Details:  this will allow councils inside councils, or subgroups of members of a certain rank.
In Fissoa for example where looking for a way to create small regiments within armies of maybe 5 members, these regiments compete with each other for certain rewards and political influence. I can also see ways for religions to have different kind of councils apart from just the elders.

Benefits: more creative posibilities for conducting politics and or creating moreatmosphere and sense of responsibility for individual nobles.

Possible Exploits: none apart from a way around the message group restrictions for a ruler/realm.

Ps i hope this has not been suggested before, in that case: i couldnt find it.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Message groups in guilds
« Reply #1: June 21, 2013, 12:24:39 AM »
There's a reason we are doing it the way we do. Simplicity and consistency, for example.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 21, 2013, 03:07:22 AM »
There's a reason we are doing it the way we do. Simplicity and consistency, for example.

What about a "message to everyone of the same rank in X guild"?

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but would seem like a fair compromise between simplicity and increased customability for guild sub-groups.

It'd be more than enough for most people's uses, I'd reckon.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #3: June 21, 2013, 05:07:48 AM »
I like the idea, but I'm biased as I'm championing the regimental structure in Fissoa's army. I think giving command a "trickle down" structure would encourage activity and player retention... But, that's just me.

But yeah, the idea is cool. It'd make factions within religions and guilds easier to manage, and more entertaining.

But apparently it's not within BM's vision to accomplish, so that sucks, I guess.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 21, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
I like this idea, but I fear it will add too many extra message groups in the message menu. I think there's plenty of links already there as it is.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Bhranthan

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 21, 2013, 03:25:48 PM »
I like this idea, but I fear it will add too many extra message groups in the message menu. I think there's plenty of links already there as it is.

That could easily be solved by making realm and guild tabs separate and foldable(click on it to hide or show) and besides i think the message system is curently beeing redesigned as we speak.

Concerning making the game more complex as Tom stated, it would indeed increase possible message groups under message but apart from that it doesnt make amything more complex in the game but rather more simple as such persons now have to be manually selected everytime.
Because these people will get adressed any how.

Also remember that this is just for guilds or religions, you have the choice not to join one with too many message groups, if that is too much gor you some how.
Brutus the Brute - Kleptes the Thief - Atreus the Brave - Alucina the Lucid

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 21, 2013, 07:13:36 PM »
I like the idea, but I'm biased as I'm championing the regimental structure in Fissoa's army. I think giving command a "trickle down" structure would encourage activity and player retention... But, that's just me.

But yeah, the idea is cool. It'd make factions within religions and guilds easier to manage, and more entertaining.

But apparently it's not within BM's vision to accomplish, so that sucks, I guess.

Yes, selecting 4 people from the 'some members of the Fissoa Privateers' somewhat sucks; Still worth it though, I'm in favour of the system :)

egamma

« Reply #7: June 21, 2013, 11:14:57 PM »
This is (the only) one thing the new message system was good at...

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 21, 2013, 11:49:51 PM »
I agree with this idea, it would allow my ranger to order other rangers unlike when I ordered nobles and commoners, as a commoner.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 22, 2013, 06:27:40 AM »
What about a "message to everyone of the same rank in X guild"?

It wouldn't be a perfect solution, but would seem like a fair compromise between simplicity and increased customability for guild sub-groups.

It'd be more than enough for most people's uses, I'd reckon.

What are the devs thoughts on this solution? It is feasible? Simple?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron