Author Topic: Great Dwilight War:Astrum defeats Asylon and Farronite forces.  (Read 264869 times)

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hey look what I found,

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight_University/History/The_Great_Continental_War!

Frostwood, will you make a wiki page about this great dwi war, with tabs for each theater?

It seems Astrum's noble count has gone up quite nicely since the war started.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 10:35:24 AM by Wolfang »

Frostwood

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Hey look what I found,

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dwilight_University/History/The_Great_Continental_War!

Frostwood, will you make a wiki page about this great dwi war, with tabs for each theater?

It seems Astrum's noble count has gone up quite nicely since the war started.
I'll try to do something after work.

Astrum's count has gone up because all the nobles from Terran are joining the crusade, and a few others from various realms.
Characters:Lain Frostwood, Ghostfire Frostwood, Talia(commoner)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
We've had several players who used to play in Astrum come back for this war, as well as some other players who had left Dwilight came back.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Astrum's count has gone up because all the nobles from Terran are joining the crusade, and a few others from various realms.

...while Niselur's count has pretty much remained the same. This is a big wtf for me and not what I expected. For some reason Astrum is all of a sudden the most popular realm around. I wonder where all those SA/Astrum haters are, or it simply seems that the community doesn't have any players to spare anymore. In either case, it's no good for Niselur if we can't go above 20 players and this irritates me quite a bit. They say if you build it they will come. We've built it but it doesn't seem like anyone is coming.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:43:32 PM by Arrakis »
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
Moderator's note: off-color comment removed. Keep it clean and polite, please.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:36:56 PM by Indirik »
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Wolfang

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yeah I saw that Arrakis, maybe it's just that Niselur is so isolated from everything? I don't know. the people who are anti SA might be joining other anti SA realms like Asylon or LN or wtv, whereas SA lovers have much less choice, and right now Astrum is getting a lot of action (fighting 3 enemies).

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
They say if you build it they will come. We've built it but it doesn't seem like anyone is coming.
There's a reason the classical theory was abandoned  :P
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Have patience... Dont fight like a Terran, you must fight more than two battles to wage a war.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
...while Niselur's count has pretty much remained the same. This is a big wtf for me and not what I expected.

Astrum is beset on all sides. I saw the same thing happen in Perdan when 4 different realms declare war on one, people flock to the center of the heat. I'm sure you've seen a noble or two join you, but you are losing potential nobles to Farronite, Asylon, Luria, and Libero. Astrum only has to contend with sleepy Morek and Corsanctum.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
...while Niselur's count has pretty much remained the same. This is a big wtf for me and not what I expected. For some reason Astrum is all of a sudden the most popular realm around. I wonder where all those SA/Astrum haters are...
They are spread out across at least three realms: Niselur, Asylon, and FR. Possibly more in some other realms such as Phantaria. Taken altogether, you guys still severely outnumber Astrum. Not only that, but thanks to the 3-on-1 nature of the war, Astrum is actually the underdog here.

Besides, no one really *hates* Astrum. We're such nice people, completely unimposing, and willing to help out everywhere.

Or, you could interpret it as a solid condemnation of the unjust nature of the war you started for personal glory and power. ;)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
One thing I always wondered, was what is meant by "Magna Saecularibus". There are a great many possibilities given the definition of Saecularibus, and quite a few of them are very unflattering...

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
One thing I always wondered, was what is meant by "Magna Saecularibus". There are a great many possibilities given the definition of Saecularibus, and quite a few of them are very unflattering...

I don't think I've seen it being used IC ever. It is a forum thing really, and the western alliance has no realm name (even though attempts have been made to come up with one but with no success). It shouldn't be taken for granted.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
I don't think I've seen it being used IC ever. It is a forum thing really, and the western alliance has no realm name (even though attempts have been made to come up with one but with no success). It shouldn't be taken for granted.

I cant even spell or read it for more than 1 second and my mind forgets... What does Saecularbuissisuius mean?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Besides, no one really *hates* Astrum. We're such nice people, completely unimposing, and willing to help out everywhere.

No, you're usually seen as a boring and silent superpower that stops the northwest from having fun. Drone realm, placed there just to preserve the power of the few Church individuals. The fun part is no longer true I guess, although I have yet to see any real evidences of the fun this war triggered, at least on my part. It is cool to run around taking over regions, but it is not cool when it takes over a week to finish a takeover of a rural region just because there are too few players to hit the support-the-TO button repeatedly to make it a pleasant experience.

Or, you could interpret it as a solid condemnation of the unjust nature of the war you started for personal glory and power. ;)

Whatever it is I have to admit that it is killing my buzz. This war has been triggered with the intent to revitalize the northern part of Dwilight many cheered for, but so far the players that heeded the call so to speak, have been but minor reinforcements on Astrum's side. Niselur, Asylon and FR got the amount of players that is not even worth mentioning. The expected scope of this war can never be truly reached as long as this few players want to participate in, on either side, regardless of how unbelievable it is to me that anyone would want to pick the side of Astrum in this war. It is a general community fail IMO.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
The expected scope of this war can never be truly reached as long as this few players want to participate in, on either side, regardless of how unbelievable it is to me that anyone would want to pick the side of Astrum in this war. It is a general community fail IMO.

You know, the most likely explanation is that the people in Astrum like Astrum and the people in Niselur like Niselur. This is a nice, believable, properly RPed perfectly SMA war. There is no need to make it about "the community wanting to remove Astrum".
After all it's a roleplaying game.