Author Topic: Just end the war with Perdan.  (Read 17567 times)

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Just end the war with Perdan.
« Reply #15: July 29, 2014, 02:01:24 AM »
This is why you invest yourself in more than one realm. You get to know different players and you don't stand to lose everything in 1 war.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 29, 2014, 07:00:23 AM »
Hmm. Leave for a while come back to this.
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: July 29, 2014, 07:37:40 AM »
Hmm. Leave for a while come back to this.
\o/ T STRIKE! Welcome back buddy.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 29, 2014, 01:39:09 PM »
Losing is part of the game. At any one time, odds are there are almost as many losers as there are winners.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 29, 2014, 02:16:37 PM »
Realms I've been in that were destroyed:

Sartania, Ash Sea Islands, NeoSartania, Mesh and Hetland.

Did I quit playing after any of those? Did I come whining to the forums asking people to spare my realm for OOC reasons? Hell no.

Realms fight wars. Sometimes they get destroyed. Deal with it. Losing can be a really fun experience. The best times I've had in this game were Sartanians travelling from one realm to another in exile in an attempt to find a new place to live.

What's more, in this case, it's quite clear that Perdan still has a good chance of not being destroyed and, if it is destroyed, it will only be because that's exactly what Perdan has wanted to do to the realms it's now losing to. If OOCly you don't want your realm destroyed then a first step would be don't try to destroy the realms of others. It's really not complicated.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 29, 2014, 03:49:12 PM »
... Perdan still has a good chance of not being destroyed and, if it is destroyed, it will only be because that's exactly what Perdan has wanted to do to the realms it's now losing to.
If Perdan is destroyed, it will be because they want to be destroyed. If that happens, they'll just be added to the long list of realms that refused to surrender. Which will be sad. They are, after all, the *first* realm of BattleMaster. (Island 1, Realm 1.)

Perdan has, in the past, accepted extremely harsh surrender terms from their enemies. Both times they have bounced back and become a giant, only to eventually burn out. I had a character in Perdan that went through these cycles, once as the ruler. If the core of the realm can hold together, then this is a great source of motivation and backstory for characters. Not to mention that the explosive regrowth when you finally get going again is an awesome experience.

Caligus has been through the same thing, too. Sirion, not so much. They've been beaten back, and had their nose bloodied quite badly, but never to the point of near-extinction.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 29, 2014, 08:49:54 PM »
I doubt people are thinking about destroy Perdan. Take some regions? Yes. Destroy the entire realm? I doubt. It's different from the last Kings' previous speech to destroy Sirion to the ground and divide it at will.

Nothing different of any war in BM. I had my part of destroyed/defeated realms as everyone else.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 29, 2014, 09:00:42 PM »
In a game that has more than a single player, sometimes things will not always go your way. Deal with it, make the best of it that you can, and try to have as much fun with it as possible.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 29, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
Losing is part of the game. At any one time, odds are there are almost as many losers as there are winners.

I would disagree with this point. Gang-bangs seem to happen often enough to create a disparity at any given time. Although, having so many 'winners' typically makes winning cheap...but if a smaller group/realm can overcome insurmountable odds, their glorious win has some meaning.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

jaune

• Mighty Duke
  • Suck my socks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 30, 2014, 09:17:48 AM »
If Perdan is destroyed, it will be because they want to be destroyed. If that happens, they'll just be added to the long list of realms that refused to surrender. Which will be sad.

Well, sometimes surrenders are not accepted(I have no clue if this is case here). Example Darka. CE wanted it dead and no other options available.
~Violence is always an option!~

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 01, 2014, 08:23:46 AM »
Well, sometimes surrenders are not accepted(I have no clue if this is case here). Example Darka. CE wanted it dead and no other options available.
Yes but last time I was on the island which wasn't too long ago, he was ruler of a realm on the other side of the war, which makes him quite qualified to state that surrenders can be accepted but with the victors terms.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #26: August 01, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »
Like what our good old friend Alexandros used to say, RP it. That is my answer. Just play it through. Losing a war isn't a big deal. If you don't want to lose be like me, be on the both sides! You can never lose!

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 01, 2014, 09:41:43 AM »
There is a common belief that if you are on both sides of a war then one of them is kept for spying.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: August 01, 2014, 09:52:12 AM »
There is a common belief that if you are on both sides of a war then one of them is kept for spying.

True. But if you stick around long enough and follow orders all the time, they will eventually give up on trying to get rid of you and let you stay around. Westmoor is a good example :) Then again, people in that realm already knew me so... wait they knew me as their former enemy #1!

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 01, 2014, 12:45:19 PM »

There are some families that often end up on both sides of a conflict, and whom have established enough trust that most would not think they are spying. Besides is that their character thinking, or paranoid players.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.