Author Topic: Questions about Region Statistics  (Read 22768 times)

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
Questions about Region Statistics
« Topic Start: May 29, 2011, 12:41:49 AM »
I'm the lord of a particular region on Dwilight, and, like all regions, it lists the following statistics on the region page:
Gold:       113 gold
Food:       96 bushels
I don't understand what these two things are supposed to indicate. Is it gold/food production? Supply? Neither of those things make sense given the other information I know about my region. Could someone explain to me what they are? A forum search turned up nothing, and the wiki is largely useless.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 01:30:23 AM by Vaylon Kenadell »

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Region Statistics
« Reply #1: May 29, 2011, 01:45:11 AM »
I'm the lord of a particular region on Dwilight, and, like all regions, it lists the following statistics on the region page:
Gold:       113 gold
Food:       96 bushels
I don't understand what these two things are supposed to indicate. Is it gold/food production? Supply? Neither of those things make sense given the other information I know about my region. Could someone explain to me what they are? A forum search turned up nothing, and the wiki is largely useless.

Heh, let's see if I remember all this correctly...I'll double check later to make sure, please post something on the Community Manger Attention thread if I don't post or edit again in a day or two.

Gold: That is the nominal gold production value if you run a 10% tax rate and have 100% production the whole week.
Food: The food number was originally put in for a 5 day harvest, so to get food production you take the food number * 7/5 (to change it from a five to seven day harvest period) * production percentage of at every full turn of the harvest * season modifier (25% Winter, 75% Spring, 100% Summer, 200% Autumn) * weather modifer (drought/bounty/etc).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 29, 2011, 03:07:32 AM »
From what I had been told and calculations seem to support this the food and gold number is your regions daily production of that good IF your region is at 100%

This means that with 113 gold your region will produce 791 gold/week assuming production is at 100% you can from there see what your weekly tax haul would be if you have a 10% tax you could expect about 79 gold. 15% would = 119. Investments can temporarily boost your regions output of gold.

Food is a bit more tricky and is how Bedwyr stated it. The two items left out is that that number is assuming 100% production and weather conditions are normal. If your regions production stat is less then your output will be less. If there is a drought than production will be less. If there is an abundant harvest than it will obviously be higher, I haven't gone into seeing exactly how much higher it is though. The difference however between food and gold is that even if an investment is made in your realm the food output will never be greater than 100% production.

I hope it makes sense now. Let me know if it doesn't.
Forbes Family

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 29, 2011, 04:02:10 AM »
Gold production is almost certainly how Forbes described it.

Mraulaxon has a gold value of "230", ran 100% production all week and has a 13% tax rate. 230 x 7 x 0.13 = 209.3. I received 208 gold. Seems to work.

Not sure where the "that's the gold you get at 10% tax rate" came from, because I've heard it before, but I do not think it's correct.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 29, 2011, 04:07:58 AM »
Aha, yes, that is correct.  I always get it mixed up with one of the old ways of calculating the predicted tax income.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #5: May 29, 2011, 06:54:38 AM »
Thanks for the help so far. How many peasants does 1 bushel of food feed?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 29, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
One bushel feeds 500 peasants for one day.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 29, 2011, 09:52:32 AM »
Damn, I always thought that the indicated gold was the total tax generated in a week at full production. Thanks for clearing that up :)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: May 29, 2011, 05:17:31 PM »
This understanding is correct. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 30, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »
I really think this info should be up clearly on the wiki.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #10: May 30, 2011, 04:30:32 AM »
I really think this info should be up clearly on the wiki.

Be my guest, feel free to put it up.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #11: May 30, 2011, 04:53:35 AM »
Yes, I agree, it should be on the Wiki. I have one last topic. How much does it take to feed your troops when moving through starving areas? Is there a certain bushel-to-troop ratio? Can you only feed your own troops?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: May 30, 2011, 05:24:54 AM »
Yes, I agree, it should be on the Wiki. I have one last topic. How much does it take to feed your troops when moving through starving areas? Is there a certain bushel-to-troop ratio? Can you only feed your own troops?

1 Bushels has always been enough for my men.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: May 30, 2011, 06:45:51 AM »

As far as I know, soldiers get first priority in regions, they take the same amount of food as normal peasants (though I haven't tested that), and if you have food in caravans you can only feed your troops (though there was a feature request that Tom thought possible to change that for Traders or other limited situations).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: May 30, 2011, 06:52:13 AM »
As far as I know, soldiers get first priority in regions, they take the same amount of food as normal peasants (though I haven't tested that), and if you have food in caravans you can only feed your troops (though there was a feature request that Tom thought possible to change that for Traders or other limited situations).

That was one of my old feature requests, in an effort to make traders more useful to the realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.