Author Topic: Questions about Region Statistics  (Read 22985 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about Region Statistics
« Reply #15: May 30, 2011, 03:28:24 PM »
One bushel feeds 500 peasants for one day.

Are you sure this is correct? I thought that it differed by region type, just like gold and food production does.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 30, 2011, 04:57:04 PM »
Gold and food production don't vary by region type. You can use the same equations listed above to find out your weekly output weather it's a city or rural region. I'm not sure about how many people one bushel feeds but it shouldn't change just because of the type of region.
Forbes Family

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: May 30, 2011, 07:34:40 PM »
Are you sure this is correct? I thought that it differed by region type, just like gold and food production does.

Pretty sure.  Ran some fairly extensive spreadsheets on it, and it would make sense for bushels to feed a set amount of peasants regardless of region type.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 31, 2011, 01:12:27 AM »
Pretty sure.  Ran some fairly extensive spreadsheets on it, and it would make sense for bushels to feed a set amount of peasants regardless of region type.

Those damn city peasants always expect more. First its a wall to protect them, then its stone buildings to prevent fire. Now they expect more/better food. Its a never ending cycle.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 31, 2011, 02:29:54 AM »

I ask because I know that the amount of gold or food produced per peasant varies across region types and population, and I assumed it was the case with demand also. Though I just did a spreadsheet on my duchy in Dwilight, and it looks pretty consistent there too. 1 bushel feeds 70 peasants for the harvest period, which meshes with your number.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: May 31, 2011, 07:29:12 AM »
Yes, production per peasant is highly dependent on total population and region type.  A city with 50,000 people will produce less efficiently than a city of 8000 people, for instance.  There are quite a number of things that are region type dependent, including how easy it is to maintain control.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: May 31, 2011, 02:37:34 PM »
The Gold value is the amount of gold produced in the region per day, at 100% production. That does not mean that you get that much gold. It's the economic base which you tax to generate your tax incomes. This is accumulated in the regional tax coffers everyday, and collected/distributed every 7 days. (Unless you call for an early tax day.) So the income calculation per day is:

GoldRating * %Production * %TaxRate = DailyTaxIncome

Multiply by 7 to get your weekly tax income, assuming all 7 days are the same. Due to the fact that a regular tax week is 7 days, a 15% tax rate will produce just a little more tax income than the region's gold rating. (15% * 7 = 105%). That's why many people consider 15% a "normal" tax rate.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: May 31, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
... if you have food in caravans you can only feed your troops (though there was a feature request that Tom thought possible to change that for Traders or other limited situations).
That was one of my old feature requests, in an effort to make traders more useful to the realm.
Tom's reservations about this include concerns that some characters will be relegated to "chuck wagon duty", ferrying food back and forth to the front lines to feed the troops, rather than being allowed to participate in the battles and other, more exciting aspects of the game. Especially newer players.

Vaylon Kenadell

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Vaylon's Website
« Reply #23: June 02, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »
I have some more questions... recently, a lord in our realm took over a region. This region has 193 gold listed on its stats page. Well, on tax day, that lord made 356 gold in taxes, and the region isn't even at full production. How is that possible?

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 02, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »
When a region has no lord, doesn't part of its tax gold build up and will be available once the region has a lord again?

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 02, 2011, 02:08:31 PM »
I have some more questions... recently, a lord in our realm took over a region. This region has 193 gold listed on its stats page. Well, on tax day, that lord made 356 gold in taxes, and the region isn't even at full production. How is that possible?

It is possible if you take into consideration the fact that he could have sold food. Monies from the sale of food come in on tax day but are not split amongst the knights.  Without knowing all of the facts (production level, tax level etc.) it's impossible to say.

And I just remembered... there's a way to levy a special tax which goes directly to the Lord and it does not get split amongst the knights as well.
Forbes Family

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 02, 2011, 02:37:20 PM »

It must have been a rogue region. In a rogue region, there is no one to remove the gold from the tax coffers. It just builds up according tot he rules listed above, until a realm takes it, either through looting, or through TOing the region and then taxing it.

During the third invasion of BT, the city of Jidington was rogue for many, many months. When Kingdom of Alluran took it an appointed a duke, the duke collected over 7,000 gold on the next tax day. When Dwilight first opened, many realms made a LOT of money by looting the rogue regions around them. They were generating gold, but it was just collecting in the tax coffers. Several realms had official looting expeditions, and several people wandered the island looting cities and townslands.

That's one thing that made CTOs a bit easier back then. When you took the city, and the surrounding regions, too, you got a windfall in gold on your first tax day. I think most regions have pretty much been looted to death by now, and their extremely low population and production prevents the gold reserves from building back up.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 02, 2011, 02:38:49 PM »
When a region has no lord, doesn't part of its tax gold build up and will be available once the region has a lord again?
No. Lordless regions still have tax collections on tax days. The gold goes to the realm banker, minus a hefty "administrative fee" taken by the locals. I once had a banker that collected gold from his city, another city, a stronghold, and a rural all on one tax day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 02, 2011, 02:39:35 PM »
And I just remembered... there's a way to levy a special tax which goes directly to the Lord and it does not get split amongst the knights as well.

The "extra" tax option never really worked, and has been removed.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 03, 2011, 03:18:42 PM »
The "extra" tax option never really worked, and has been removed.

I was wondering what happened to that!
Forbes Family