Author Topic: Luria Nova vs The Rest  (Read 31364 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Luria Nova vs The Rest
« Reply #30: August 18, 2014, 08:11:11 AM »
OH GODS NO! DONT BREAK ALLIANCES! Whatever would we do if THAT happened....

My point was give them cause to do so beyond "oh Morek is OOC dying". Look at the situation as a character for a minute and its clear why most parties aren't going to go and carve out new holdings in Morek.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 18, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »
Take Poryatown? Over my dead body!

Earth Hall power!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 18, 2014, 10:31:16 AM »
If only there were realms now fighting Luria that had a past history of fighting Morek at any opportunity...

Having reasons to fight someone is only half the equation. One must also have the means to do so.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 18, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »
Meneldur put it quite elegantly: the only ones surprised about any of this seem to be Lurians.

Sure, Morek would be "logical" to split up... but why? They are friends with almost everyone. Not with Asylon, but hey, these guys actually tried to set up North, and were defeated. Many people dislike Asylon, and the northern realms in particular have no reason to cede them anything.

Plus, Morek is far. Why set oneself up in Morek, if it's only to be isolated from one's allies? D'Hara and Barca go back to the latter's founding, and Barca bled a lot with Fissoa against Aurvandil. Any other location than right next to both of them still would be the senseless choice. And both of these allies have all the reasons in the world to want to see Luria cut down in size, as both have been fending it off since very early Dwilight.

Sholan seems adept at fooling himself IC. It's of little surprise that the player does as much OOC.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 18, 2014, 03:10:29 PM »
Meneldur put it quite elegantly: the only ones surprised about any of this seem to be Lurians.

We are not, just for the record.  ;)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 18, 2014, 07:46:03 PM »
We are not, just for the record.  ;)

Nope, we're celebrating! No more do we have to march out and find enemies, they come to us ready to die!

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: August 19, 2014, 05:10:32 AM »
It is nice having everyone come to us. I would hate to be in Morek and march from their capital to Luria. That must be what, 2 weeks travel and even longer in winter?

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: August 20, 2014, 04:15:22 PM »
War!   (21 hours, 19 minutes ago)
The Suzerain Emperor has declared war on Asylon.

Because you can't have enough war!

Ardet nec consumitur.

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: August 21, 2014, 04:33:16 AM »
It is nice having everyone come to us. I would hate to be in Morek and march from their capital to Luria. That must be what, 2 weeks travel and even longer in winter?

After the battle in outer giask my character had a travel time of seventy some odd hours just to go from one region to the next, with one healthy soldier and thirty wounded. Thankfully they all healed quickly and reduced that travel time to just a day or so, but still took a few days to get back to capital.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: August 21, 2014, 04:37:26 AM »
After the battle in outer giask my character had a travel time of seventy some odd hours just to go from one region to the next, with one healthy soldier and thirty wounded. Thankfully they all healed quickly and reduced that travel time to just a day or so, but still took a few days to get back to capital.

Carts are good for this, but really I'm not sure even they would help with that ratio of wounded to not wounded

Mac Tir

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: August 21, 2014, 04:41:08 AM »
Carts are good for this, but really I'm not sure even they would help with that ratio of wounded to not wounded

Which is why I tend not to bother with them. I've noticed that my characters tend to either take only a few casualties with roughly a 50% recovery rate, or get a complete unit wipe.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: August 21, 2014, 08:53:15 PM »
Asylon has been harshly defeated in Giask with minimal losses to Luria's side. The Asylonian beau monde has taken up residence in the dungeons of Luria Nova. But in the meanwhile, Morek is conducting a takeover in Poryatu and Poryatown. A solid move, we did not quite expect them to be actually doing much... but it looks like Swordfell isn't all too happy about the way some Morekians got to Lurian lands.

Also, there is a chance that Jonsu Himoura dies rather soon. If she can't escape, we will burn the witch!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: August 22, 2014, 04:32:06 AM »
I think too many players seriously underestimate the value of carts. You pay for them once (unless you lose so many men you can't keep them all) and they do wonders for travel with many wounded. When its winter and you have wounded men, carts can be a lifesaver.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: August 22, 2014, 06:00:59 AM »
Asylon has been harshly defeated in Giask with minimal losses to Luria's side. The Asylonian beau monde has taken up residence in the dungeons of Luria Nova. But in the meanwhile, Morek is conducting a takeover in Poryatu and Poryatown. A solid move, we did not quite expect them to be actually doing much... but it looks like Swordfell isn't all too happy about the way some Morekians got to Lurian lands.

Also, there is a chance that Jonsu Himoura dies rather soon. If she can't escape, we will burn the witch!

Just take care the witch doesn't burn you.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: August 22, 2014, 06:23:20 AM »
Just take care the witch doesn't burn you.

Yeah burny hugs are the worst