Author Topic: Cliques - a problem? and how to deal with them?  (Read 37525 times)

Jens Namtrah

Re: Cliques - a problem? and how to deal with them?
« Reply #135: September 12, 2014, 01:11:28 PM »
It is Sandalak he would fit right in. Double points if he had a ego to go with it.

It WAS Sandalak, and no, we drum out people for swearing and vulgarity. Been happening incredibly often.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: September 12, 2014, 01:46:34 PM »
It WAS Sandalak, and no, we drum out people for swearing and vulgarity. Been happening incredibly often.

If you drum people out for swearing once, that is more than a tad intolerant. Regardless it was not like my comment was serious, more a comment on the large number of ego driven jerkish characters that Sandalak has been blessed with.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: September 12, 2014, 02:04:32 PM »
Don't worry, Bob - ad hominem attacks are just an age-old method for avoiding the issue.

Welcome to Battlemaster. Yes, you'll find it's just like real life. The folks "in-charge" spend most of their energy staying in-charge.

You know, this just confirms how you are just full of it.

Messages from sunrise, 2014-08-13 to 2014-09-12 12:55:41, sent by Lord Goodie of BAD LORD GOODIE of BAD, Knight of Port Nebel.

Blank. There's just three private messages, in response to my own. You know, my totally elitist messages of "A HOLE" like

Out-of-Character from Machiavel Chénier   (8 days, 11 hours ago)
Welcome to BM. While we are always looking for new players, I must warn you that your character and family name don't really fit. While it might be tolerated on other continents, Dwilight has a stricter policy regarding this.

Dominic

In any other case, I'd have sent an IC welcome as well, as would many other D'Haran players. But I'm sorry if I am, perhaps, a little elitist. But I am not going to address someone as sir Lord Goodie of BAD LORD GOODIE of BAD. And I might have replied to something despite it, but that character has not sent any public, nor private, IC messages. Just complaints with ridiculous CAPS LOCKS "joking" about those rejecting his name change requests.

That player is in two realms, on of which is D'Hara, in case you haven't grasped this yet. D'Hara is the most newbie-friendly realm I've been in, and one of the most I've heard of. Though not all newb-friendly initiatives are still in vigor, these stopped when all active newbs basically got promoted, and we ran out of active newbs.

And if you think the realm is run by some kind of tough nut of a clique that is impossible to penetrate, these are the last election results:

Referendum Results   (6 days, 7 hours ago)
The referendum "Vote for the Ruler" has ended. Here is the final tally:

32 votes for Rynn
    16 abstentions
    68 votes were not cast.

The winning choice is therefore Rynn, with 32 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
All hail to the new Prime Minister, Rynn JeVondair, Prime Minister of D'Hara, Royal of D'Hara, Duke of Raviel, who replaces Marco Penchant, Royal of D'Hara.

As a reminder, the full text of the referendum was:
This is the quarterly election for the position of Ruler (Prime Minister).

All nobles of the realm will vote, each vote having the same weight.

The referendum "Vote for the General" has ended. Here is the final tally:

24 votes for Ulfang
    12 abstentions
    76 votes were not cast.

The winning choice is therefore Ulfang, with 24 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
Therefore, Ulfang Mormont, General of D'Hara, Margrave of Qubel Lighthouse has been confirmed in the office of General.

This is the quarterly election for the position of General (General).

The referendum "Vote for the Judge" has ended. Here is the final tally:

8 votes for Edimilson
    8 votes for Machiavel
    40 abstentions
    84 votes were not cast.

Due to the tie, a random draw decided the winning choice. The winning choice is therefore Edimilson, with 8 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
Therefore, Edimilson de Coivos, Confessor of D'Hara, Margrave of Port Nebel has been confirmed in the office of Confessor.

This is the quarterly election for the position of Judge (Confessor).

Only lords will vote, representing their region.

The referendum "Vote for the Banker" has ended. Here is the final tally:

20 votes for Viktor
    10 abstentions
    80 votes were not cast.

The winning choice is therefore Viktor, with 20 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
All hail to the new Fiduciary, Viktor Nebehn, Fiduciary of D'Hara, Knight of Raviel, who replaces Migash Sarracenia, Knight of Port Raviel, Vice-Marshal of the Island Guard.

This is the quarterly election for the position of Banker (Fiduciary).

Referendum Results   (5 days, 7 hours ago)
The referendum "Vote for lordship of Raviel" has ended. Here is the final tally:

4 votes for Viktor
    4 votes for Machiavel
    0 abstentions
    13 votes were not cast.

Due to the tie, a random draw decided the winning choice. The winning choice is therefore Viktor, with 4 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
As the winner of this referendum, Viktor is therefore proclaimed as the new Lord of Raviel.

The region of Raviel is currently without a local lord. In accordance with the realm's laws, the next lord will be chosen by a referendum among the lords of the realm.

Only one ruler candidate, there were half as many abstentions as votes, and he and his IG wife have been constantly criticized since his election.

Same thing goes for the general, save for the protest part. I think he had stated he would have liked for someone else to run, and ran because there were no other candidates.

Only one banker candidate. He was just a simple knight, and he replaced the previous banker who has just a simple knight too. Viktor is median in terms of time in realm, while Migash is among the newest.

For the judge elections, basically nobody voted. Machiavel sent just a single campaign letter, publicly without any private efforts, and Edimilson chose to run again just to oppose Machiavel (who wants to turn the position into an official Dragon King title, as general used to be). He had stated he didn't wish to run. There were more than twice as many abstentions as votes casts for either candidates.

And Lordship election, only two candidates, one of them (Machiavel) already a lord. Neither candidate campaigned much for this, I don't think I sent a single campaign letter for Machiavel.

D'Hara has got to have one of the weakest and most fragile governments in the game. We have a fair number of old timers, but many aren't as active as they used to be and don't have any desire to hog government positions just for vanity. Activity has always been rewarded and active knights have a history of rapid promotions. But if you start with with a ridiculous name, you don't send any introduction message, you don't react to any public messages, you call everyone ass holes and you write like some moronic 13-year old, then yea, odds are you'll alienate yourself.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron