Author Topic: Ryu, Atanamir, now Erik... good guy BM!  (Read 29220 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Ryu, Atanamir, now Erik... good guy BM!
« Topic Start: September 17, 2014, 06:32:09 PM »
My account was blocked by the Titans because of a "placeholder". As it seems, I cannot play a Duke with powers over his own regions and his own people, his oath and !@#$. Now I know how the others felt offended after open a game they played for years to receive a "generic message from the almighty Titans" saying you cannot play. While I cannot care anymore to open BM everyday, when I want to play, I want to be sure I can open the game I devoted a LOT of TIME and EFFORT. Years to become Duke to be kicked by a generic message, I must say... I understand now why they felt insulted.

I will not be hypocritical to say they doesn't failed or that I don't failed, but I failed to see the situation as a placeholder one. You will have to step back and see how many times different people did it in Sirion to give back region for imprisoned Lords instead of using me as a !@#$ing example. Bu hey, nothing is better to give the example with someone with a name instead of a silent Duke that do it without being reported... I don't know if I must laugh or puke.

It's funny how a small group of persons can take a situation and ruin your gameplay or your will to devote at least one more minute to the game you played for years. I don't even have a Magistrate or a "Court"  to defend myself, just the forum to "explain" myself -- and protest, of course -- as a spoiled child. You must review your system if you care with your PEOPLE. If you consider them or if they are useless at their first error.

Now what? I must be happy, wait three days to get back? Be appointed again or not to be appointed again... in any way, I will have to play everyday worried with a report, stepping in eggs here and there, without to say that after that, how do you think they will see the character I built for years be kicked out as nothing giving orders again!? I care less how they will see the player, while it's a true concern as well.

Maybe it's finally time to leave BM... maybe the Titans can find some fun playing alone.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 06:34:35 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Ryu, Atanamir, now Erik... good guy BM!
« Reply #1: September 17, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
A generic message? Wasn't the Titan's message regarding the judgment provided to you? It should be.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 17, 2014, 06:41:48 PM »
I was referring to the last part. Anyway, you cannot use the word Judgment when there is no defense. This is a punishments, plain and simple.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: September 17, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
Bye Eduardo. It has been pleasure playing with your characters :)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 17, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
The worst part is had to swallow it because you still have a desire to finish something.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: September 17, 2014, 06:49:24 PM »
Oh you are not actually leaving? That's good. So why did you make a placeholder anyway?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 17, 2014, 06:55:08 PM »
I don't know yet, not before return to the game. Not because of the game anymore, but because of my personal written work inside the game.

And I DIDN'T. At least not as we know placeholders. The Countess of Montijo was arrested... as usual ,we give back the position. EVERYONE knows that. However, she was imprisoned until the result of a election where a Lord was elect with 3 votes. Erik requested him to leave... he ignored. Erik sent an order asking him to leave and he did. Now what? I must change the character's behavior to please a small group of persons I even know (the Titans) ???  No one appointed him to be a placeholder... that was a situation and Erik reacted to it as his behavior. This is roleplaying game, right!?

Maybe not.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:00:41 PM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 17, 2014, 07:00:51 PM »
The Countess of Montijo was arrested... as usual ,we give back the position. EVERYONE knows that.

Riombara used to do that, too. For years. But Riombara changed its laws because they created situations that required placeholders, which are prohibited.

You don't get to have realm laws supersede the game's rules.

It doesn't matter how many people "know" what you do, or how long you've done it—if it's against the game's rules, it's got to stop.

Finally, if you'd just gently reminded the person in the position of the realm's laws, there's a good chance you wouldn't even have been removed from your positions, let alone gotten a 3-day account lock (And it is just 3 days; your account isn't permanently locked). But you didn't. You threatened to run for Judge specifically in order to ban them if they didn't step down.

That's so, so very wrong.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 17, 2014, 07:03:09 PM »
Erik did it, Anaris. You know the difference, I hope so. He is a character acting as his behavior. Implying "I" did it, that would be OOC.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 17, 2014, 07:07:10 PM »
Erik did it, Anaris. You know the difference, I hope so. He is a character acting as his behavior. Implying "I" did it, that would be OOC.

Yes, I get that. It's a convenient shorthand, and doesn't change the issue. When the rules of the game are involved, it doesn't matter whether it's something that you do IC or OOC—characters can't break RL rules, only players can, and this is a rule that can only be broken IC in the first place.

Either way, that's a semantic matter, and a distraction from the real issue.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 17, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »
Good roleplaying should never hurt the game. And it can never justify breaking the rules.
It's cool that you try to give depth and distinctive personality to your character, but don't forget that you as a player are still the one in control. Once the division between your personality and the one of your character starts disrupting the game you have to alter character's decisions in the interest of the community.
As a final arguement, remember that your relationships with other players and DMs are way more important than your character's internal consistency.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 17, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »
If you don't want empty lordships to be decided by elections, then why do you have elections? We have been saying for *years*, as long as I can remember, that whoever wins an election is the "rightful" holder of that position. If you don't want them to be elected, then don't hold elections.

If you've been doing this for years, then you've been doing it wrong for years. The Titan's don't actively police realms, searching for rules violations. They only act on things that are reported to them. Apparently someone has taken offense to the practice, and reported it. So, adjust and move on. If that requires your realm to change, then change. You're not doing it to "please" anyone. You're doing it to comply with the rules of the game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 17, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
I didn't it with intention to hurt the game. I even know that would be considered a placeholder position. I have the blame? Well, good. I continue to see the "report" and the Titans as a weapon for certain players to kick another ones? Yes, more now than ever. Mainly after see some messages...

Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 17, 2014, 07:21:51 PM »
I didn't it with intention to hurt the game.

99% of the people who break the game's rules don't do it with the intention to hurt the game. They do it because they think it's what's best for their realm, or for their character.

I even know that would be considered a placeholder position. I have the blame? Well, good. I continue to see the "report" and the Titans as a weapon for certain players to kick another ones? Yes, more now than ever. Mainly after see some messages...

I'm sorry if you feel that way. However, this report could not have hurt you if you were not, in fact, breaking the game's rules. And I guarantee you that most people in the game—including those in positions of power—are not breaking the game's rules on a regular enough basis that anyone with a grudge could simply report them and get them removed from power.

I understand it's comforting to think of it in those terms—that this was purely a power-play by someone who dislikes your character—but I'm afraid that just doesn't wash. You've been in the game far too long not to know better.
Timothy Collett

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 17, 2014, 07:25:21 PM »
I like you man, think you're a good player, but from what I've seen here, yea that was breaking the placeholder rule. Even if its unintentional, it happened. Take your lumps, and I hope to see you back at it in three days.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.