Author Topic: Plans you have for if the war ends...  (Read 42751 times)

Eldargard

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Plans you have for if the war ends...
« Reply #75: January 23, 2015, 11:55:27 PM »
Since I've been back on Dwilight I've seen:
  • Frequent battles
  • Uncertain outcomes
  • Realms safe in their existence (no one is roflstomping their way to anyone's capital)
  • Actual deep-seated RP rationales for being at war
  • Both internal and external dynamics
  • A non-blocked horizon where no one can be 100% certain what the maps will look like in 6 months
  • People with original ideas about what the map should look like and the willingness to fight for it
Which is all good. I don't get why either side is complaining. Keep fighting! This is what BM should be like.

Yep!

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: January 24, 2015, 02:23:26 AM »
Since I've been back on Dwilight I've seen:
  • Frequent battles
  • Uncertain outcomes
  • Realms safe in their existence (no one is roflstomping their way to anyone's capital)
  • Actual deep-seated RP rationales for being at war
  • Both internal and external dynamics
  • A non-blocked horizon where no one can be 100% certain what the maps will look like in 6 months
  • People with original ideas about what the map should look like and the willingness to fight for it
Which is all good. I don't get why either side is complaining. Keep fighting! This is what BM should be like.

Except for the half of the Dwilight playerbase that was driven out of the west, yes, the realms are safe in their existence.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: January 24, 2015, 04:04:51 AM »
As a General of one of Luria's enemies, I must say, from my point of view, it seems the League owes its staggering lack of progress in this war entirely to itself.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: January 24, 2015, 12:13:19 PM »
The West is the only place where Dwilights frontier feeling can still be found. Trying to support one city against an onslaught of monsters would be glorious, especially because it would most likely fail. Candiels had 80K CS (or 60?) of rogues when it fell

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: January 24, 2015, 04:39:15 PM »
It held out for a very long while though and it was great fun for everyone involved in defending it.
Felt like Helm's Deep!

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: January 24, 2015, 05:03:55 PM »
Yep!

Except when most players involved say how much they don't find the war fun at all.

It held out for a very long while though and it was great fun for everyone involved in defending it.
Felt like Helm's Deep!

So what if not every exile would be satisfied? Guess what, they can't all be satisfied anyways. Either they are surrounded by hostile rogues, with lots of support, or they are surrounded by hostile realms, with almost no support.

A lot of players have expressed a desire for a "monster killing realm" and something that feels like Helm's Deep. A lot of players would find this fun. I'm sure the colony would draw many new players to Dwilight that would amply compesate for a few of the exiles preffering other things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: January 24, 2015, 06:01:44 PM »
If  it is boring, stop fighting it. No one it's forcing you to fight it. Convince your realm to give it up. Stop marching yourself. Just stop and do something else.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: January 24, 2015, 07:17:12 PM »
If  it is boring, stop fighting it. No one it's forcing you to fight it. Convince your realm to give it up. Stop marching yourself. Just stop and do something else.

There are always two parties in a war. And sometimes, as much as a war can suck, letting the other party go ahead and do whatever it wants can suck even more.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: January 24, 2015, 09:03:32 PM »
So stop attacking. If they choose to go after you, it will be them attacking you in your home ground. That's a completely different game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: January 24, 2015, 10:27:06 PM »
Well, that's actually happening right now to Fissoa and I have no idea why this is a different game.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: January 24, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »
This is drifting rather close to contemporary IC events that are happening now so I'd like to be careful in what is specifically said, but the Lurian regions retaken now (Vaal/Maf) are those that lurians have insisted are lurian (they were lurian before the invasion) and will be lurian proper again one way or another.

I'd like to explain more, but I think they are events best played out ICly before explanation - so ICly pressure your new king to share diplomatic correspondence if he hasn't already. Luria's position has been quite clear.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: January 25, 2015, 03:48:04 AM »
Are people seriously complaining about war in BM?
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: January 25, 2015, 12:56:44 PM »
Are people seriously complaining about war in BM?

Ugh. Here we go again.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: January 25, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »
He has a point though. So many people complain that no war is boring, and Dwilight has a war, it's boring too. I can only reinforce Indirik's point. If this war on Dwilight is too boring, simply stop fighting it and do something else. Luria may be [enter many superlatives here] but it will never be capable to fight in all of the League's lands at the same time. Nor, and I cannot repeat this enough for the blind on here, has Luria Nova a hidden agenda to conquer the world.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: January 25, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
Way to oversimplify the issue.