Author Topic: Sandalak Crumbling?  (Read 13655 times)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Sandalak Crumbling?
« Reply #15: August 13, 2015, 11:56:02 PM »
I say it again, a war island with three realms is always going to be a 2v1 until it gets down to two realms. And we've seen how long a 'defeated' realm can hold out... this war is going to go on forever like this. So why not be smart and cut away the third realm right away? Simply turn Ikalak City into another stronghold, or just chop the top off the island, remove them as a realm, and you can have yourself a proper showdown. I'm sure that offends a lot of people, but c'est la vie, n'est-ce pas?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 14, 2015, 03:59:40 PM »
Previous war islands lasted for a couple years. There's no reason to expect that this one might not.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 14, 2015, 08:02:54 PM »
No it isn't. It never was. Right at the start Sandalak was preparing for a three way fight only to find themselves getting attacked by all of Taselak and Ikalak and being in disarray but we rallied. De ja vu.

A lot of people did send their next characters to Sandalak after their previous ones died. I'm on my third character in Sandalak, some people have some loyalty. I think it's just the population of the island overall is decreasing.

Except it was Sandelak and Ikalak attacking Taselak...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 14, 2015, 09:02:09 PM »
That was round 3. Round 1 was a general free for all. Round 2 was Ikalak and Taselak v. Sandalak. We didnt get to I & S v. T until after Sandalak almost got killed.

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 15, 2015, 01:30:14 PM »
Round 1: Free for all, but ended up with both Taselak being within a region away from Ikalak's capital and Sandalak also being on their very doorstep. This round ended when both Sandalak and Taselak agreed to a ceasefire with Ikalak to let them recover from their poor start.

Round 2: Taselak vs. Sandalak, since Ikalak was just sitting within it's own regions fighting with itself. This round consisted of the heavy fighting around the CoG, Moeth, and eventually led to Taselak takingover Fali for a few days and seemed like it would lead to an eventual siege of Sandalak. This round ended when Ikalak entered the fray again and began to capture Taselak's northern gains

Round 3: Taselak vs Sandalak + Ikalak. We all know how this one worked, Taselak fought but was eventually reduced to having just the capital and one outlying region and was besieged 3 times, however the people's militia turned the entire situation around by repelling the invasions and killing a large number of Sandalak and Ikalak's knights. Ended when Ikalak broke it's treaty with Sandalak and began to fight them instead

Round 4(Current): Taselak + Ikalak vs. Sandalak. Taselak rebounded and regained a few more of it's southern regions, a lot of fighting between the Sandies and Ikies. Who knows what will happen next.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 15, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
Previous war islands lasted for a couple years. There's no reason to expect that this one might not.

AFAIK only one war was ever properly concluded, when Sandalak destroyed Ikalak and then Taselak. The war after that was ongoing when the island was sunk, though you could argue that Taselak was going to win it.

I can't speak for the SWI as I never played there, but I can't recall having heard of any winners there. It was mostly just a cash farm anyhow.

That was round 3. Round 1 was a general free for all. Round 2 was Ikalak and Taselak v. Sandalak. We didnt get to I & S v. T until after Sandalak almost got killed.

That cycle is going to repeat itself, me thinks. If Sandalak is pushed back far enough, I have little doubt that Ikalak will turn on Taselak again.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: August 15, 2015, 06:55:45 PM »
I don't recall exactly what happened because it was several years ago now, but Taselak was pretty declared the victor. I'm not sure exactly what Ikalak was doing or if it was because we were "frozen" in place and unable to move, but we had time to get so bored we started a rebellion (complete with humourous RPing, it was all one big joke) with a big chunk of us in Sandalak. My hero died in that battle.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 15, 2015, 11:46:17 PM »
DeVerci: Ikalak did indeed go after some of Sandalak's back regions, and some former Ikalak lords defected back to Ikalak. If it had been just Sandalak v Taselak, it would have been a pretty close battle. My character spent quite some time trying to convince Ikalak to switch sides.

Zakilevo

« Reply #23: August 16, 2015, 04:46:04 AM »
Sandalak didn't have enough quality RCs for such a long time. Eventually when Sandalak got some decent RCs, Sandalak could finally push Taselak out. Also, some of defeats were my fault for trying out some crazy stuff to prepare for future battles. Some paid off while some didn't :o.

Prestongreen

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: December 17, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
I agree an end game should be set for war isle. 1 year to 18 months to keep things moving. If no champion realm exists, a reset starts it over.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: December 17, 2015, 04:14:52 PM »
No reset until victory!

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: December 17, 2015, 07:42:37 PM »
I don't see how a reset would help end a 3 way war.
Taselak is Best-elak.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: December 17, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »
I don't see how a reset would help end a 3 way war.

It wouldn't, but it would ensure that the realms weren't always the same people.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: December 17, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »
No it wouldn't. Lots of people joined the same SI realm they were in before. And lots of people who die start a new character in the same realm. You can't /make/ people join a new realm.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: December 17, 2015, 09:01:44 PM »
Taselak 4 life.
Taselak is Best-elak.