Author Topic: The Big Announcement  (Read 27805 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Announcement
« Reply #60: December 05, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »
Just emigrated my Advy from Atamara to Dwilight. Worked perfectly and on my phone no less. :)

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Can you tell me how long you had to wait with your advy in "immigrating" status before it said "arrived, choose realm"?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Faldron

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: December 05, 2015, 01:30:47 AM »
It's only been about 20 min, but I can let you know how long it takes.
Faldron Nethercoate, Lord Archon of the Kingdom of Westgard, Dwilight

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: December 05, 2015, 05:31:49 AM »
Just had a report from an FEI player who moved one of her chars to DWI. When the char arrived she went to select a realm and got a black screen instead of a list of realms.

I have no further details
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

Eirikr

« Reply #63: December 05, 2015, 05:43:10 AM »
Good to hear, thanks for the feedback.

Can you tell me how long you had to wait with your advy in "immigrating" status before it said "arrived, choose realm"?

It seems whatever you've done in the meantime fixed the advy code - my character has now successfully emigrated.

Fuchs

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: December 05, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
I'm moving one of my characters today and just wanted to double check that the new realms were open.

Also if I create a new charcter today would they be able to migrate to one of the other newly established realms?

Faldron

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: December 05, 2015, 07:34:57 PM »
My Advy arrived this turn.
Faldron Nethercoate, Lord Archon of the Kingdom of Westgard, Dwilight

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: December 07, 2015, 04:05:38 PM »
6) When an adventurer gathers enough recommendations to become a noble, and the player already has an active noble on that island, they will have the option to emigrate the adventurer as part of the ennoblement process. This will allow players with both a noble and adventurer on the same island to ennoble the adventurer without having to first pause their noble, provided they do not already have nobles on all open continents.

I'm just wondering when exactly (or approximately if that is the case) this change will come into effect? I have an advy on Dwilight with three recommendations and would love to finally raise an advy to Noble status just to have done it once, and emigrate her to BT. While I do have the option for emigration I don't have the option to change my class yet due top the noble limit on Dwilight.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 07, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »
The class is changed to Warrior, if you have the requisite h/p and recommendations, when you choose a destination. I suppose the text could be made more clear as to that.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: December 07, 2015, 06:40:04 PM »
The class is changed to Warrior, if you have the requisite h/p and recommendations, when you choose a destination. I suppose the text could be made more clear as to that.
The emigration says I will lose all recommendations, but I will go and try it anyway. Wost case I delete her and remake her in DWI. I can always get more on my BT advy.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: December 07, 2015, 06:45:07 PM »
Oh, yes. That's from Tim allowing *all* advies to emigrate. I'll doublecheck that doesn't interfere with the new 'normal' advy emmigration.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like it got overwritten. I'll put it back. If you've already emigrated, I'll fix your arriving character.
EDIT: ACTUALLY, it did not. I just have it in a separate code branch. It'll go active when the character limits are put into place. I'll see about sending it active now. (And it did include a bit more clear text on the class change).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 06:55:22 PM by Vita »

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: December 08, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »
Are we getting the continent-wide message explaining what's going on ICly soon? I don't want to be among the last people to join the refugee realms, but I still want my character to have a reason to board a ship and sail into the sunset.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: December 08, 2015, 03:05:49 PM »
Are we getting the continent-wide message explaining what's going on ICly soon? I don't want to be among the last people to join the refugee realms, but I still want my character to have a reason to board a ship and sail into the sunset.

We hadn't planned to do one, but I can try and put something together...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: December 08, 2015, 04:24:34 PM »
Dear devs:

If you haven't planned on it already, could you perhaps do some continent wide messages about natural events happening so our characters know that something bad is going to happen?
I did plan to, actually; just waiting till I'm awake enough compose a coherent one. ;D
We hadn't planned to do one, but I can try and put something together...
Still sleepy???

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: December 08, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
Apparently...  :o :-\
Timothy Collett

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: December 08, 2015, 04:40:12 PM »
There you go; hope that's coherent enough! :)
Timothy Collett