Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132897 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #120: February 12, 2016, 04:25:04 AM »
I'm not talking about his case, which I already said I don't know the particulars of.

Then what was the point of your comment?

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: February 12, 2016, 05:39:09 AM »
Of the seven rebels I only saw Grathe Geg and Kellan Dodger publicly speak out against Magnus before the rebellion. Calis S'llesid made it clear that the only reason he joined was to support his lord, as did Jadyn Jaron. Ventes Shulee joined because he wanted all the positions of Xavax to become elected. John Graves gave no public reason at all (and tried to steal tax gold right after joining, failed, and got jailed). In fact I have no record of Graves ever saying anything from my time in the realm. Iuz Vidar Crownguard, the leader of the rebellion, I'll quote:

Letter from Iuz Vidar Crownguard   (9 days, 7 hours ago)
Message sent to all nobles of the duchy of Isadril (8 recipients)

Nobles of the Duchy of Isadril,

I encourage you to vote in the referendums. Even it is simply to abstain. Vote your true opinion, not one you feel you have been bullied into or believe your liege favors. This is open to everyone and in this particular case, it matters.

The realm cannot fracture, no matter what. I'll eat my hat before that happens. It is unfortunate that it has come to this where Xavax is hostile towards Xavax and I hope it is all laid to rest quickly. After these referendums are completed any dissent should be laid to rest across the board.

Respectfully,
Iuz Vidar Crownguard
Duke of Isadril
Margrave of Isadril

Two days later he started the rebellion. I'm sure there were talks going on behind the scenes, to say they were all vocally against the Xerarch is flat out untrue.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: February 12, 2016, 05:57:33 AM »
Your point being? A vassal supporting his lord is a perfectly good reason, and one that doesn't need some RP in advance.

Also, after Iuz's letter the various referendums were indeed done without incident, but Ruler failed to take heed of the issues and dealt with things both IC and OOC heavyhandedly.

Honestly you seem to just be in here because you want to be on the "right side" ICly, an impossible position from an RP perspective. My point has been that the issue is the amount of OOC commentary by Aurea IG.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: February 12, 2016, 06:33:28 AM »
There were also lots of talks going on behind the scenes, which seems perfectly normal when planning a coup. Both the military and diplomatic channels were also aflutter. I think Iuz's initiaition of the rebellion took even most of the plotters by suprise though.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 06:36:14 AM by Graeth »
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: February 12, 2016, 08:23:20 AM »
There were also lots of talks going on behind the scenes, which seems perfectly normal when planning a coup. Both the military and diplomatic channels were also aflutter. I think Iuz's initiaition of the rebellion took even most of the plotters by suprise though.

However, it did not take the characters from Atamara by surprise...things usually don't get boring with a Crownguarth around :)

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: February 12, 2016, 04:53:31 PM »
Well, you're partially correct. Ventes did want more influence for knights in selecting the holders of various offices and spoke about that. He also spoke in favour of openness from the Xerach and Judge (he really didn't like the almost Richelieu-like wording of the laws).  And, he while he was aware that there was a growing group of people prepared to rebel, the timing took him by surprise. Once his duke declared though he followed and announced his support of Iuz.

"It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this has done what he has done"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #126: February 12, 2016, 06:15:45 PM »
It took ME by surprise.

The question is whether Selenia can actually get iuz to eat his hat now...
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: February 13, 2016, 12:27:59 PM »
Well, you're partially correct. Ventes did want more influence for knights in selecting the holders of various offices and spoke about that. He also spoke in favour of openness from the Xerach and Judge (he really didn't like the almost Richelieu-like wording of the laws).  And, he while he was aware that there was a growing group of people prepared to rebel, the timing took him by surprise. Once his duke declared though he followed and announced his support of Iuz.

"It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this has done what he has done"

Nobles more influence in voting? You'll have an awesome time @ Vix  :P
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: February 13, 2016, 04:49:17 PM »
Put it this way: At my age and experience with gaming I like to be treated like a sentient being not some drone to be ordered about by one person with their hands on all the levers of the realm.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: February 13, 2016, 10:15:58 PM »
Your point being? A vassal supporting his lord is a perfectly good reason, and one that doesn't need some RP in advance.

From the previous page:

Noone, everyone involved in the rebellion were vocally against the Xerarch for a while, this wasn't something that came out of nowhere, nor did it involve lazy roleplay.

I was pointing out that was completely untrue, other than the two I specifically mentioned, none of the nobles were vocal in their opposition of Magnus. Sorry the truth goes against the picture you're trying to paint. In fact, at least one of the rebels never spoke a word the entire time I've been there, let alone been "vocally against the Xerarch for a while".

Honestly you seem to just be in here because you want to be on the "right side" ICly, an impossible position from an RP perspective. My point has been that the issue is the amount of OOC commentary by Aurea IG.

Honestly, for someone who claimed that my first post in this thread was a "pretty one-sided view of it" you've spent a lot of time and energy trying to give the impression that the entire 30+ nobles of Xavax was supportive of the rebellion instead of all but two of the rebels being the lord and knights from one region (the exceptions being Kellan and John Graves), the latter of which could very well fall into the description Noone gave of a character that "clicks a button without even the courtesy of a small RP about why". It has nothing to do with being on the "right side ICly" since I don't post to the forum ICly, I just want to provide an accurate description of what happened for those interested.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: February 14, 2016, 01:40:19 AM »
From the previous page:

I was pointing out that was completely untrue, other than the two I specifically mentioned, none of the nobles were vocal in their opposition of Magnus. Sorry the truth goes against the picture you're trying to paint. In fact, at least one of the rebels never spoke a word the entire time I've been there, let alone been "vocally against the Xerarch for a while".

Honestly, for someone who claimed that my first post in this thread was a "pretty one-sided view of it" you've spent a lot of time and energy trying to give the impression that the entire 30+ nobles of Xavax was supportive of the rebellion instead of all but two of the rebels being the lord and knights from one region (the exceptions being Kellan and John Graves), the latter of which could very well fall into the description Noone gave of a character that "clicks a button without even the courtesy of a small RP about why". It has nothing to do with being on the "right side ICly" since I don't post to the forum ICly, I just want to provide an accurate description of what happened for those interested.

Except what you're saying isn't the "truth", it's you ignoring anything to the contrary. You're equating loyalists w/ supporters of the regime, when that plainly wasn't true. Many of the loyalists were also heavily against Magnus, something that should be plain as !@#$ing day to you when my character, the one that's been one of the most vocal, was one of the loyalists because his Duchess commanded him to. I'm sorry, but just because someone does as their LIEGE (and in a feudal mind-set game, that's incredibly important) commands them, in no way means they are some "drone". You can both be faithful to your liege AND be highly outspoken.

Shulee

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: February 14, 2016, 04:34:58 PM »
The number of people who remained undeclared until after the Duchess formulated the settlement ending the rebellion outnumbered both loyalists and rebels.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: February 14, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »
That's not uncommon. A lot of people in a realm don't really care about one side or the other. What that often means is that the rebellion did a poor job of setting things up. They didn't manage to convince many people that a rebellion was really needed. I'm which case, it's usually the ones who have meeting to lose that run the rebellion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: February 14, 2016, 11:28:27 PM »
That's not uncommon. A lot of people in a realm don't really care about one side or the other. What that often means is that the rebellion did a poor job of setting things up. They didn't manage to convince many people that a rebellion was really needed. I'm which case, it's usually the ones who have meeting to lose that run the rebellion.

I'm sure you meant nothing to lose?

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: February 15, 2016, 12:00:18 AM »

That's exactly what happened. I thought we still had some days, or a week to set things up. Considering the rebels controlled the army it would have been much easier had we ordered people out of the city. Alas, such are plans...
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)