Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 133104 times)

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #180: February 22, 2016, 03:54:48 AM »
Wait who are you again?
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #181: February 22, 2016, 05:08:20 AM »
I have no clue who he is, he just appeared during the whole Magnus Aurea incident, and still seems to favor that character for whatever odd reason.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #182: February 22, 2016, 05:50:18 AM »
Wait who are you again?

Aramon Abjur. ;)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #183: February 22, 2016, 04:17:53 PM »
Factions are a good thing.
IC Hatreds are a good thing.

They keep the game interesting/engaging for everyone.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #184: March 02, 2016, 05:52:54 PM »
Eh, I could've handled that better  ::)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #185: March 03, 2016, 09:57:19 AM »
That's what I was saying. He used an option that had no room for doubt, when there was an option that could have left room but he didn't use it. So no point in him complaining now.

The exact message to the realm is:

Local government officials in Isadril announced earlier today that according to ancient documents, Noble Stegman Hemmings, who happened to coincidentally be in the region at that time, holds an ancient and undisputable claim to lordship of Isadril. They officially handed control of the region over to him and Perdan! Shortly afterwards, the responsible officials were nowhere to be found.

That is an In-game message. That is what your character knows. There were documents found, they were real, they said character X is the true lord of the region.

There's nothing there that says "obviously he bought it".

I don't mind people RPing that they doubt the truth of it - it's clearly worded to allow suspicion; I'm sick of people saying "Obviously you clicked a button in the game to make it happen"

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:19:54 AM by Noone you know »

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #186: March 03, 2016, 10:31:54 AM »
I wouldn't have expected any less from Stegman. Too bad he won't be in Perdan anymore... hilarious char to play with, until, of course, he cocks it up massively.  ;D

Stegman is the first and only character who I can honestly say always does the most impulsive, rash, totally idiotic thing all the time without any OOC interference from me.  I created a mental list of what he will do in Situation X and always follow it - regardless of how OOC stupid it is & how likely he is to end up at the end of a rope.

I strongly recommend everyone try it at least once. Pick some strong personality characteristics and just follow them, no matter what. I know others have done this, and they are some of the best chars the game produces. It's more fun than you can imagine & keeps the whole game lively.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #187: March 03, 2016, 12:30:43 PM »
The exact message to the realm is:

Local government officials in Isadril announced earlier today that according to ancient documents, Noble Stegman Hemmings, who happened to coincidentally be in the region at that time, holds an ancient and undisputable claim to lordship of Isadril. They officially handed control of the region over to him and Perdan! Shortly afterwards, the responsible officials were nowhere to be found.

That is an In-game message. That is what your character knows. There were documents found, they were real, they said character X is the true lord of the region.

There's nothing there that says "obviously he bought it".

I don't mind people RPing that they doubt the truth of it - it's clearly worded to allow suspicion; I'm sick of people saying "Obviously you clicked a button in the game to make it happen"

You left out something very, VERY important. The gigantic, bold, underlined letters of the title that say this: Region Lost to Corruption. Note that it does not say "Region Inherited by Claim".

See how that changes the very context of the message sent to the realm? Do try and not be dense next time. If we weren't supposed to be up at arms about such an action, we wouldn't have the option to delay the region buying so that it says the region revolted and installed "insert noble here" as lord.

Also note that this was included in the message: "Fortunately, the militia units stationed in Isadril were not so easily fooled and have begun a guerilla war." (just an FYI devs, the spelling of guerrilla in the message is a typo, it should have two Rs)

Noone you know

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #188: March 03, 2016, 12:54:16 PM »
Do try and not be dense next time.

Have you ever figured out why everyone is always so hostile to you? I have you on ignore & just take a peek once in a while - every single one of your posts in game and out has some smarmy comment in it. Your character in Dwilight is off to try to find yet another new place to start over. I think you'd be much happier in general and enjoy the game a lot more if you learned to cut it out.

"Region lost to Corruption" - yes, corrupt clerks, I suppose. Stegman doesn't know anything about that - he just knows he was handed the title. Must be some rumors going around that there was more to it than that. Sounds like something interesting to role play about.

OOC, wouldn't be the first time messages didn't completely match up with the game events.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #189: March 03, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
Pretty much the entire text is written in such a way that you KNOW the claim is false. The tone is "seems legit (not)". Kind of like how you might get an email from a Nigerian prince about transferring large sums of money.

It could definitely be improved because sure, he has "proof" of an "ancient claim" but the "officials" are no longer to be found, so no one knows whom they were and they weren't the ones who were supposed to be in charge anyway? In this case, it also obviously doesn't belong to Perdan due to geographical reasons alone. Not too mention nobody ever inherits titles in this game.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 05:32:13 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #190: March 03, 2016, 05:27:07 PM »
Also note that this was included in the message: "Fortunately, the militia units stationed in Isadril were not so easily fooled and have begun a guerilla war." (just an FYI devs, the spelling of guerrilla in the message is a typo, it should have two Rs)

You appear to be correct. I'll make a note to have that fixed, thanks.

I would also point out, regarding the wording of the message, that all it is stating as fact is the words and actions of the people in the region.

It doesn't say, "Stegman holds an ancient and undisputable claim". It says, "According to the officials, they read this document which says that Stegman holds an ancient and undisputable claim".

So what all the characters who received that know is not that the documents were real, it's that the officials claimed they were real.

Pay attention to the details. Nuance is important.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #191: March 03, 2016, 09:31:10 PM »
So now that some time has passed, conjecture on why Alara's various allies have not declared war against Xavax yet?

Zakilevo

« Reply #192: March 03, 2016, 09:36:12 PM »
So now that some time has passed, conjecture on why Alara's various allies have not declared war against Xavax yet?

Because they care not about Alara? I mean, Alara is small. Who really wants to be allied with a realm that won't be useful anytime soon?

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #193: March 03, 2016, 09:52:02 PM »
Because they care not about Alara? I mean, Alara is small. Who really wants to be allied with a realm that won't be useful anytime soon?

I still expect Caligus to join in, but they may decide to hit Oligarch in stead now.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #194: March 03, 2016, 11:10:41 PM »
I still expect Caligus to join in, but they may decide to hit Oligarch in stead now.

Why are the two so at odds that Caligus might forsake an ally?