Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 132784 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #330: May 21, 2016, 12:53:50 AM »
Yeah now try Oligarch's situation, 58 vs 16, but you don't hear us complaining ooc. IC for sure, but OOC I know that with the way I've played Garas we could have seen this coming. Xavax is exactly the same story, although your odds are still far better. I mean once we started beating Sirion 1 vs 1 I should've known better to expect others to jump in and because Garas had been an ass to Perdan/Vix before (not letting them join the internal conflict) there was only one option :-)

In addition, keeping 10k militia and a small raiding party is easily maintained with one city. Don't forget that once you're down to 1 city your taxes can go up like crazy. We could keep up 40k forces in Oligarch city while still making some tax income next to it.

I'm sorry, but you are only fighting two realms. Large realms, yes, but that's hardly the coalition that we are threatened with should we not walk a thin tightrope. Add to that the fact that you REBELLED to form Oligarch against Sirion, which meant you began the fight with a seemingly small likelihood of victory, and the fact that Xavax is formed of refugees from Atamara, who were forced there, rather than given the choice like Oligarch was, and you'll forgive me if I don't see how the situations are equal.

The difference here is that you put yourself through IC actions into the situation that you are in. Xavax is being forced into this situation from outside pressures we have no control over.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #331: May 21, 2016, 01:58:20 AM »
Well, Selenia DID attack Alara because Robb Starfall was building a coalition to hem Xavax in as evidenced by his alliance with 3/4 realms on our borders, and an extra fourth in Minas Nova just in case. The MN flip was still one of the more annoying parts of this war. Warchief was initially courting Selenia AGAINST Alara. Then when she declares war, he flips. ugh.

In any case, to your point, no, Xavax def chose its position just as Oligarch chose theirs. We just had a better list to choose from.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: May 21, 2016, 12:51:04 PM »
I'm sorry, but you are only fighting two realms. Large realms, yes, but that's hardly the coalition that we are threatened with should we not walk a thin tightrope. Add to that the fact that you REBELLED to form Oligarch against Sirion, which meant you began the fight with a seemingly small likelihood of victory, and the fact that Xavax is formed of refugees from Atamara, who were forced there, rather than given the choice like Oligarch was, and you'll forgive me if I don't see how the situations are equal.

The difference here is that you put yourself through IC actions into the situation that you are in. Xavax is being forced into this situation from outside pressures we have no control over.

Actually we are fighting 3 realms, Shadowdale brings in more force than I expect Perleone to do, but that's besides the point. There was the comparison in terms of noble count, so I threw in ours to provide some more context.

Yes, Oligach rebelled (because in my opinion as a player something needed to be done, although I'm indeed still surprised we are still alive) but that was a concious choice. At the same time, much like JeVondair also says, Xavax also chose its current path. You are right that they were forces to EC (or any of the other islands), but the choices made afterwards were of Xavax' own doing. From the beginning, Xavax has acted extremely arrogant in the ruler's channel (I know, was there when Xavax was founded) and despite ruler changes, that has not changed so much. In addition they were busy plotting against realms, along with other realms, showing that they are a threat to their neighbours. My memmory is a bit vague, but wasn't there an infil from Xavax also in Perleone doing some stuff and was Perleone aware IC that Xavax wants to take Ibladesh? At least, those are rumors I heard IC, so I would assume Perleone did as well. Subsequently, the political situation of Perleone has always been a strange one, but they've had close ties with Perdan (albeit a bit strange sometimes) for a long time. In addition, the Fallangard/Caligus situation remains hot and delicate untill this day and Xavax clearly chose sides in this matter. Caligus will prob consider itself threathened should Xavax clear the south, because Xavax supports Fallangard and Fallangard..well if they'd feel confident enough they'd attack Caligus in a heartbeat. Vix in turn will see it's allies' interests at risk and may consider itself threathened as well, not knowing what Xavax will do after the south.

All those things combined, choices made by Xavax, led to the situation they're in now. Like I said, very similar to what Oligarch did. I'm not saying Xavax is wrong, or should be destroyed, nothing of that. I'm just saying, all this is as much a choice by Xavax (purposefully, or not) as is the situation of Oligarch is our own doing as well.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: May 21, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »
Plotting against other realms? Care to give an example that wasn't provided by Alara?

Gabanus, getting real tired of your condescending tone. You mention your numbers, yet it's not my fault that you've made decisions that have caused people to leave your realm. Just because you're ok with something doesn't make it good for the game, you're making a logical fallacy in your argument.

I'm also tired of every single ruler playing the white knight, this is what causes these gangbangs in the first place. "Oh that realm's at war, that's bad, let's go to war with them and gang bang them". !@#$ing every time.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:50:19 PM by GundamMerc »

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: May 21, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
And on that note, if anyone does see a disrespectful, derogatory, or insulting post, please report it to the moderators.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: May 21, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »
Plotting against other realms? Care to give an example that wasn't provided by Alara?

Gabanus, getting real tired of your condescending tone. You mention your numbers, yet it's not my fault that you've made decisions that have caused people to leave your realm. Just because you're ok with something doesn't make it good for the game, you're making a logical fallacy in your argument.

I'm also tired of every single ruler playing the white knight, this is what causes these gangbangs in the first place. "Oh that realm's at war, that's bad, let's go to war with them and gang bang them". !@#$ing every time.

There was quite some talks in the ruler's channel from Alara and Minas Nova and I'm not certain what other realms. Whatever the truth is, I can tell you what perception there was at least from my side and most likely from the other rulers as well. Perception in the end is what drives action. Xavax' arrogance and decisions have led to their current situation, as has Oligarch's. There is no problem in that, but it is what it is.

Now whether or not as a player I think this is good for the game is a whole other matter, but I can certainly understand why it happened as it did.

In addition, we have not made decisions that made people leave the realm really. There are a few which stopped playing BM alltogether, of which I knew 2 were simply too busy IRL. It's quite possible that another may not have fully enjoyed Oligarch but I believe in general everyone does. I regret not being able to spend more time on it these last 2 months, but that's how it is.

The reason I may sound condescending to you, which is not my intention really, is because you have been verbally assaulting any thought I've written down here from the beginning and I've felt the need to defend myself and explain. Everytime I do so, you come up with some other stuff, which I then explain and elaborate upon again.

Even the player of Xavax' current ruler wrote that it was very likely Xavax' own fault, yet you feel the need to badger me about this further to somehow stick with your initial point which basically summarizes as: "Everything Gabanus says is bs".

And do tell, which rulers have all acted like the white knight, because I know quite some who are everything but. Caligus is opportunistic as hell even under Teniel, nothing white knight about what they do and to my knowledge has never been (which makes it fun). Garas sure as hell is everything but a white knight, so is Sirion as a whole these days. And some of the others simply see their own interests threathened. Now I'm no fan of gangbangs whatsoever, hate them, but calling them white knights seem to me rather inaccurate.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #336: May 21, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »
Hey there Selenia's not arrogant per se!...just confident, and never in the mood to swallow anyone's bs...like virtually everything that comes out of Alara and Minas Nova and that so-called casus Belli from Vix, ridiculous.  ;D

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #337: May 21, 2016, 07:56:30 PM »
Hey there Selenia's not arrogant per se!...just confident, and never in the mood to swallow anyone's bs...like virtually everything that comes out of Alara and Minas Nova and that so-called casus Belli from Vix, ridiculous.  ;D

Well your predecessor was far worse, that's true, but still  ;D

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #338: May 21, 2016, 08:12:22 PM »
Well your predecessor was far worse, that's true, but still  ;D

We don't talk about that.  ;)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: May 21, 2016, 09:47:03 PM »
We don't talk about that.  ;)

Makes sense, but it does kinda form the perception of Xavax in general  :-X

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: May 22, 2016, 10:30:35 AM »

I don't think real life enemies would agree with the other one warring them.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #341: May 22, 2016, 02:23:27 PM »
I don't think real life enemies would agree with the other one warring them.

Doubtless, but from where I'm sitting, Bush's official reasons for invading Afghanistan sounded better than VIx's reasons for warring Xavax   ::)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: May 22, 2016, 04:20:40 PM »
Doubtless, but from where I'm sitting, Bush's official reasons for invading Afghanistan sounded better than VIx's reasons for warring Xavax   ::)

Oh well, the nobles wanted to war you. What do you do as ruler of a democracy?  ;)

It's on my 'Never do this again' list though, being ruler of a democracy.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: May 22, 2016, 04:27:10 PM »
Oh well, the nobles wanted to war you. What do you do as ruler of a democracy?  ;)

It's on my 'Never do this again' list though, being ruler of a democracy.

Yeah democracy can be quite challenging. However be glad you don't have a Fontan style size democracy :p

And I'm looking forward then to the battle reports from the south. Let's see how Xavax holds up.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: May 22, 2016, 05:37:05 PM »

I assume you mean Iraq, not Afghanistan. Those geography lessons :3