Author Topic: Xavax Imperium  (Read 130901 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Xavax Imperium
« Reply #375: June 15, 2016, 06:48:24 PM »
So there's a situation in Minas Nova that I am actually rather proud of. Any forum members in that realm?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #376: June 20, 2016, 07:14:01 PM »
Whose the new Xenophon of Greater Xavax? I am! *waggles eyebrows*

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #377: June 20, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »
Thats going to be a tough job...
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #378: June 21, 2016, 05:21:31 PM »
I'm sure Aramon is up to it. Besides, someone will have to replace Selenia

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #379: June 21, 2016, 09:38:26 PM »
can't stand the heat eh
By the way, would love to see you coordinate three realms without having an OOC teamspeak with everyone on it.

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #380: June 23, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »
looks like *someone* will have to replace aramon as well...

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #381: June 24, 2016, 07:33:28 AM »
I mean, she can't rule forever. As a player, I think my game becomes less fun the longer I hold a leadership position. like seeing others try their hand at it. Let Selenia just win a war or two so her successor might have a leg to stand on!

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #382: June 24, 2016, 04:55:40 PM »
you guys are still rather divorced from reality down there i see

Schancke

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #383: June 25, 2016, 12:54:08 PM »
you guys are still rather divorced from reality down there i see

True indeed, we regard Xavax as pastime and a refugee from the dreariness of reality.
How do you you roll in Perdan?

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #384: June 26, 2016, 08:29:56 PM »
True indeed, we regard Xavax as pastime and a refugee from the dreariness of reality.
How do you you roll in Perdan?

They be evilz. Tried to kill my advy  :'(
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #385: June 27, 2016, 09:19:45 AM »
I wish I can be dark knight and having big army backing my words and all, but hey we can't have everything go our ways 8)

Xavax, I wish I can do something to help.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #386: June 27, 2016, 03:50:09 PM »
They be evilz. Tried to kill my advy  :'(
They must be arresting and executing all adventurers not of their realm. They executed my paused advy. I wasn't even barely playing but to hunt around EC. Seriously Blue Star family? On one hand, whatever, advies are disposable, !@#$ happens. I've had advies executed before and !@#$ happens. But what bothers me, is its the same people just destroying everything without regard to interaction with other players.

But why is it always Perdan behind this? Why Perdan's players that are such !@#$%^&s to everyone else that you're either Perdan's puppet or you will be crushed without mercy? Why is it Perdan's players that have constant OOC griping, harassment, and IRs thrown around between them? Not even BT's NPC Daimons have torn down fortifications intentionally, destroyed temples repeatedly (there's been the odd temple attack by NPC but hardly concerted), executed advies, destroyed infrastructure, slaughtered regions into nothingness, repeatedly torture nobles etc. There's roleplaying an evil, dishonourable realm, and there is constant-destruction-of-everything-in-your-way that other players don't even enjoy playing with you anymore.

You go to war with Perdan, you will be destroyed entirely because their players play to win against other players not to play with players in the progress of a story. And if they have to, they will lie to your face to do it. It's totally not a game we signed up in a Social Contract to play with others as friends, but I guess Perdan's players bring hammers to their boardgames. Who cares about someone else's experience while *we* are having fun, right? Until there's no one left to defeat because you've driven them all away...and no one wants to play with you anymore.

I once wanted to play in Perdan as that was one of the few old realms I hadn't (wanted to play in Darka but never grabbed the chance either). I advocated keeping the realm alive; oocly i figured some future character would play there. The last year has taught me....I hope Perdan gets what it !@#$ing deserves tenfold since those old players have returned with this 'who give a !@#$ about anyone else im playing with' attitude and went back to Old Perdan business as usual.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #387: June 27, 2016, 05:35:29 PM »
Long rant which illustrates my feelings as a new EC player and validates my thoughts .

As the judge of Xavax I executed two advys on the orders of the Xerarch. I dragged my heels, interrogated and tried to find a way out, honestly did everything I could. One was from Perdan the other Perleone but played by the player of Alara's king. So I was forced IC to execute them, and I roleplayed my character's reluctance as such. OOCly I knew why they were captured though, they had to be scouting and Perdan uses advys to set portal stones. Look how many have got Xavax already. 3? 4? This just fits their seemingly metagaming total war attitude I suspected. Appealing to honor IC was brushed off. Its honestly upsetting, we just want to play our realm.

Xavax is supposed to be a semi-evil empire because we do not care beyond our borders. My character uses torture regularly and steals good when he can. But we are devoted to good play. We have no designs on Semall because IC it's too far to care about. Itorunt was declared part of our de jure lands because we needed to strengthen our causus Belli. And torture is considered legal because of our extensive legal claim system including any persons on Greater Xavax soil.

It's crazier still when I found the ooc ranting about CE and this realm being CE in torture reports. Perdan called upon their superpower ally to interfere in a regional war. Who is CE? I played the prime minister once, I think I can recall how we did things.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #388: June 27, 2016, 06:36:16 PM »
I don't have anything against executing advies. I've executed them here and there as well for various reasons; !@#$ happens and advies are mortal/disposable. My point was mostly the general direction of 'destroy everything in your path without regard to considering hey, this might suck to play on the other end of', especially when compared to either Perdan being given a second shot at life when they could've been destroyed by the continent or compared to NPC daimons who are less total-war destructive on BT. The advy execution was just the most recent flash-in-the-pan. It just seems, to me, that Perdan cares more about winning than playing.

EDIT: And I don't mean to collective every player within the realm. Most of what I have noticed has been since the increase of Perdan's players from returning older types that don't seem to care about anything outside Perdan.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:39:42 PM by Vita »

JDodger

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #389: June 27, 2016, 06:50:08 PM »
The problem is really more that Perdan doesn't have a defined long term plan in regards to anything. "We will fight X realm" is about all you get there, everything else is just blindly groping forward.

It is hard to accomplish real goals with that being the case, but razing regions is easy enough. You find yourself there, you loot, you harmed the enemy without needing a real strategy.

While it sucks in the short term it may actually help Xavax in the long run, as all the harm that's being inflicted on them is entirely temporary thus far.

I am saying all this as a loyal and happy Perdan member who likes almost all of his realm mates, but the shortcomings are there and it results in this type of behavior.