Author Topic: Browser Based Gaming  (Read 44121 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Browser Based Gaming
« Reply #15: June 25, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 25, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
The Last Knights is pretty cool so far. It is too bad it requires so much time to play, I mean you could play once or twice a day but you would never be good.  And whats the point of playing a game when you'll be in last place the whole time.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 25, 2011, 04:00:09 PM »
The Last Knights is pretty cool so far. It is too bad it requires so much time to play, I mean you could play once or twice a day but you would never be good.  And whats the point of playing a game when you'll be in last place the whole time.

Yeah. They should have a light-weight version with only 2 turns a day or something. It wasn't like that in the beginning (I played in ages 7-20), but now there's real clans out there with rosters who's gonna be up overnight, lead SF's, ... In the beginning I could actually make it up to General level and be a sub-top player leading the main army every now and then.

If you want to make it to the top today, you need:

* paid membership
* be on for the full 24 hours when the age starts

And that's the bare minimum. I guess I shouldn't have presented it here :/

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 25, 2011, 04:40:05 PM »
No you should have presented the game here its good.  I agree with the having no life to win statement though not so much about the paying bit, it has its advantages but they don't help active players that much.  Hero tournaments don't have any effect except bragging rights for your hero beating another players.

Knight account (� 6.00 per 3 months)
Your commander has 50 HP more.
You gain 1 healing turn when you are idle (didn't participate in any battle) for 12 turns. This means that if you miss a training run, you can once heal your all your soldiers in the hospital to catch up. You can't save up more than 1 turn.
You can join countries untill they have 108% of the average instead of 105%.
Let your heroes participate in the hero tournaments.

Duke account (� 12.00 per 3 months)
Your commander has 100 HP more.
You gain 1 healing turn when you are idle (didn't participate in any battle) for 12 turns. This means that if you miss a training run, you can once heal your all your soldiers in the hospital to catch up. You can save up to 2 turns.
You can join countries untill they have 108% of the average instead of 105%.
Let your heroes participate in the hero tournaments.
No banners.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 25, 2011, 05:40:13 PM »
The healing turn is quite advantageous. Especially if you use the peasant fast-levelling strategy

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 25, 2011, 06:36:58 PM »
Thats only if you haven't been in a battle for 12 hours and if your trying to level it would seem a waste to sit around for 12 hours.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 25, 2011, 07:35:09 PM »
Thats only if you haven't been in a battle for 12 hours and if your trying to level it would seem a waste to sit around for 12 hours.

Well, yes; any battle. But training doesn't count as battle, does it? If it does, then I agree that it's fairly useless.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 25, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »
Actually thats a good question.  I was thinking training was a battle since you fight people but it is specifically called training so now I'm not sure.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 25, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
Actually thats a good question.  I was thinking training was a battle since you fight people but it is specifically called training so now I'm not sure.

Yeah, I'm in doubt now too. Not that I really care ;)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 27, 2011, 02:13:11 AM »
And for those in the southern hemisphere, they're holed up for winter. Or vacationing in the northern hemisphere.

It generally doesn't get cold enough down here to hole up for the winter. I live in Melbourne so almost as far south as you can go. Temperatures get down to 6 degrees Celsius or so, cold but nothing to really cry about.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: June 29, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
Choice of Games

Offers a selection of multiple choice games, so nice good little roleplaying experiences. Best one is probably the Choice of the Dragon game where you are dragon and choose how to spend your life, building your horde and fighting off enemies etc.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: June 30, 2011, 07:52:16 PM »
Choice of Games

Offers a selection of multiple choice games, so nice good little roleplaying experiences. Best one is probably the Choice of the Dragon game where you are dragon and choose how to spend your life, building your horde and fighting off enemies etc.

I have Choice of the Dragon on my iPhone!
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 30, 2011, 11:55:06 PM »
Cool set of games.  I played the vampire one, but whenever I try and play the dragon one after a little while it freezes and I can't continue.  It happens on different pages each time.

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #28: July 02, 2011, 01:06:54 AM »
Choice of Games

Thanks for these, Revan! Really made my day. :)

Lovin' it!
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

squishymaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 05, 2011, 09:01:51 PM »
This isn't what I was talking about when I started this thread but I do like a good mini game now and again and I found this game and thought it was really interesting.  If you like a well done mini game, puzzles, and time travel this is for you.  Seriously cool game check it out.

http://www.miniclip.com/games/chronotron/en/