Author Topic: BM Stoners?  (Read 21316 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: BM Stoners?
« Reply #15: June 28, 2011, 01:15:11 AM »
*Lights his joint.*

You were saying?

Moooooooooo
Ardet nec consumitur.

Huntsmaster

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 28, 2011, 01:48:32 AM »
This topic is goin' places.

:P
Agiri (Carelia) Tinwe (Greater Aenilia) Ayrl (Fissoa) Wyllham (IVF)

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 28, 2011, 02:26:26 AM »
Yes... probably towards either a comfortable couch, or the fridge 8)

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 28, 2011, 03:47:46 AM »
I made Allison step down as the Duchess of Donghaiwei after I got a hold of my computer when I was tripping out on mushrooms.  That was one really messed up trip.  I watched the Mighty Boosh (british late night comedy show)  and took a journey to to monkey hell. 

But yea, I am a regular smoker.  Good times!
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 29, 2011, 12:23:12 AM »
I don't mind people who smoke pot, but people who espouse about it constantly grinds my gears.

I agree.

I disagree with it being a criminal offense in so many countries, but also disagree with its promotion. And this is certainly the wrong forum section to do so.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 29, 2011, 11:41:15 AM »
Jeeeez guys, he wasn't promoting it, just seeing who else smokes weed and plays BM.

And the idea that probable cause can come from typing "I smoke weed" on an Internet forum is a ridiculous thing to say.

I could literally walk into a police station high as a giraffe and say "hello officer, as my red eyes and goofy grin suggest, I am baked as a pie. I wanted to ask you how your day was and thank you for all the good work you do in our community"

You know what would happen, they'd search me for weed, maybe. And then when they found none they would let me go, because being high isn't a crime, smoking weed isn't a crime, talking about smoking weed isn't a crime. Possession is a crime. Unless you live in certain parts of the ussr, whoops, I mean USA.

As for the actual topic. Battlemaster is a pretty consistent topic between me and my friends when we're toking. Also, sometimes I'll save writing a long message until after I've smoked a joint, really helps me get into character lol. Also explains why my character is generally very respectful of others and easy to get along with ( I imagine).

Also that's hilarious about the shroomy experience from Allison. I know that last time I did shrooms the concept of BM blew my mind

" it's a world INSIDE a world INSIDE a computer...whoaa... "

Also computers are triply as balls on shrooms.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:19:54 PM by Raz »
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: June 29, 2011, 01:25:29 PM »
legalisation in the UK would pay for my taxes, the NHS, everything hmmm....
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 29, 2011, 02:40:40 PM »
Also that's hilarious about the shroomy experience from Allison. I know that last time I did shrooms the concept of BM blew my mind

That's hilarious. Love it.

I don't mix drugs and BM. Or drink in fact. I still cringe at the time, shortly after becoming King of ASI, basically writing a horrific, ridiculous drunken essay to the realm essentially slating CE. Got a bit of an OOC dressing down by Doc's Revenge for my trouble. Learnt my lesson after that! >.<

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #23: June 29, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
Jeeeez guys, he wasn't promoting it, just seeing who else smokes weed and plays BM.

And the idea that probable cause can come from typing "I smoke weed" on an Internet forum is a ridiculous thing to say.

I could literally walk into a police station high as a giraffe and say "hello officer, as my red eyes and goofy grin suggest, I am baked as a pie. I wanted to ask you how your day was and thank you for all the good work you do in our community"

You know what would happen, they'd search me for weed, maybe. And then when they found none they would let me go, because being high isn't a crime, smoking weed isn't a crime, talking about smoking weed isn't a crime. Possession is a crime. Unless you live in certain parts of the ussr, whoops, I mean USA.

As for the actual topic. Battlemaster is a pretty consistent topic between me and my friends when we're toking. Also, sometimes I'll save writing a long message until after I've smoked a joint, really helps me get into character lol. Also explains why my character is generally very respectful of others and easy to get along with ( I imagine).

Also computers are triply as balls on shrooms.

I love people who compare the U.S. to the Soviet Union. Makes me value still having a brain. Mind you I think the U.S. government is still corrupt, but not communist or dictatorial.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: June 29, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »
I love people who compare the U.S. to the Soviet Union. Makes me value still having a brain. Mind you I think the U.S. government is still corrupt, but not communist or dictatorial.

Is it lonely up there on your high horse?

Obviously I was exaggerating but the US' drug policies aren't far off from the liberty- encroaching policies of the soviet union. Let me clarify since obviously you don't appreciate subtlety. The soviet union actively policed what kind of music people listened to, while this is more blatant than trying to control which substances one is allowed to ingest into ones body, it basically equates to the same thing: a curtailment of individual liberties by the state

And I was born in the soviet bloc, so don't think I don't know what I'm talking about.

Also, just for the record, the soviet union wasnt communist. Not in any meaningful Marxist way. It was simply dictatorial.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #25: June 29, 2011, 06:40:48 PM »
I meant Russian communism, not the Marxist variety, which involves the industrial workers, not the serfs like what happened in Russia. Which part of the Soviet bloc were you a part of, by the way?

Oh, and comparing the control of music over the control of drugs is like comparing call of duty to a real-life war. It's a whole different level of intensity.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #26: June 29, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »
I meant Russian communism, not the Marxist origin, which involves the industrial workers, not the serfs like what happened in Russia. Which part of the Soviet bloc were you a part of, by the way?

Oh, and comparing the control of music over the control of drugs is like comparing call of duty to a real-life war. It's a whole different level of intensity.

I would like to correct myself here. The Chinese Communists consisted of a peasant movement, not Russia. I was wrong on that account. Russian (I mean the Soviet Union when I say Russia) communism is still different from a purely Marxist form of communism.

I would also like to say that the Soviet Union only became dictatorial once Stalin took over after Lenin. Not to be contrary, as the Soviet Union was dictatorial after Lenin died. Just to be informative.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: June 30, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »
Yes you are entirely correct.

What I was referring to was that Marx or even Lenin would roll over in their graves seeing what Stalin and many of his successors called communism. Their was a distinct political and economic elite that formed that is obviously contrary to communism's traditional ideological focus on the proletariat.

As for my music/ weed analogy I stand by it. For example my dad had to sit under the covers to listen to Radio Liberty ( a western European radio station that acted against communist propaganda). At the time if any heard him listening to it they would have told the police who would have jailed him. Likewise in most parts of the US if you were seen smoking weed you could be arrested and put in jail. If you think the difference is that listening to a radio station isn't harmful and smoking pot is, than you're missing the point of freedom.

People at that time DID feel that listening to anti communist talk was dangerous not only to the individual but to the whole. They felt this way because they were trained to by the state through propaganda. I liken this to how the government has gotten some of us to feel about smoking a plant, not a drug, but a plant. One that grows in the dirt and has been used by humanity for 1000s of years.

You may say that smoking weed isn't for you and that because of that fact you don't care if people go to jail for it's use, but consider, if alcohol was banned there would be people who would say good riddance ( and perhaps rightfully so) but what would you say? You'd say !@#$ that I'm an adult, I'm a human being, I have the right to weigh the pros and cons and make my own life decisions, and if I want to enjoy a drink than the government can't curtail that freedom. You're not a drunk, you're a productive member of society who enjoys a drink, and as long as you're not hurting yourself or those around you, you deserve liberty.

I apologize for making the assumption that you drink but even if you don't drink, smoke, or whatever, if you still feel that liberty comes in degrees you're missing the point.

So in a very real sense, the prohibition of marijuana in the US can be directly linked to the dictatorial censorships of the USSR.

And I'm from Romania, but now I live in Canada.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: June 30, 2011, 02:36:52 AM »
Used to smoke chronically in highschool, haven't smoked the stuff in decade or so, had a few tokes really drunk here and there. I live in Canada west coast, where everyone, absolutely everyone smokes or smoked weed before, its a no big deal no one cares about it anymore, not even the cops if they see you smoking weed in public they just frown and tell you to butt it out. Vancouver is really weed friendly. Frankly Alcohol is much more dangerous and terrible. Canada will probably end up legalizing weed soon anyways. As for BM stoned, more power to you, I think its hilarious and can make for some good or interesting situations if that's yer bag.

Being at war with nature is a sign of a sick society.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:38:32 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: June 30, 2011, 03:31:07 AM »
Being at war with nature is a sign of a sick society.

Quote-worthy.

Truly interesting reading though, including the debate on liberties. Here in Ireland, we now have our first pro-cannabis member of parliament as of the past couple of months and society is generally accepting of it, on an individual basis at least. Eventually, governments are going to have to accept, to quote the Israli's when they're talking about their settlements, the "facts on the ground". Given where I live, I'm well aware of the effects of both weed and alcohol. My country is practically known for the latter. The effects of alcohol can be as bad or worse. The only real argument against the use of this drug being worse than the likes of drink is the criminal element. Considering the fact that its as much a "local" operation as criminal these days, its not as bad as it was, but its still pretty bad. The blame there doesn't fall at the feet of those who enjoy a smoke, but those who control the laws and ensure that legitimate acquisition is next to impossible which gives criminal elements their chance to prosper. Ultimately, society will change and laws will change because they have to, simply to recognize reality.

Still, I don't think we should lose sight of the reason why this whole debate came up. I do like the idea for some sort of Guild, but you have to ask yourself - which continent? And how IC is it if we're planning it OOC? Sorta ensures its not Dwilight (",)

Finton.