Author Topic: Interesting realm to join  (Read 31795 times)

Alexil

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Interesting realm to join
« Topic Start: October 10, 2016, 06:12:49 AM »
So which realm would be good to join there.

Zakilevo

Re: Interesting realm to join
« Reply #1: October 10, 2016, 06:14:02 AM »

I heard Greater Xavax is a fun place. Perdan is kind of boring at the moment. Maybe Vix is okay but I wouldn't recommend Perdan.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 10, 2016, 07:42:10 AM »
I heard Greater Xavax is a fun place. Perdan is kind of boring at the moment. Maybe Vix is okay but I wouldn't recommend Perdan.

Sounds biased. :P
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 10, 2016, 07:42:57 AM »
I recommend Fallangard, Caligus.

Join Nivemus if you want quick lordship, there is region lordship for sale :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 10, 2016, 08:22:05 AM »

I think any realm involved in the Southern war is a good pick.

Of course I would promote my own interests and say Vix Tiramora is definately the way to go  ;)
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 10, 2016, 02:51:53 PM »
The south part of the island is the best place to start:

1)I recommend Fallangard or Vix Tiramora they are on opposite sides of conflict, but with constant combat.

2)If you like to eat Barbecue right off the HOT GRILL, join Greater Xavax. You will never get bored.

3)Long time Large size realms have slow paced combat and nearly lack of strategy, avoid them at all cost.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #6: October 10, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
Much depends on your goals.
  • Caligus if you are energetic and driven enough to take the reins. That realm has a lot of power that they simply do not use and their central location allows them to participate in any fight they want, of which there are many.
  • First Oligarch may get you honor and prestige fastest because they are a city state under siege.
  • Xavax if you like roleplay, banter, and war.
  • Nivemus if, as mentioned, you want a quick Lordship
  • Sirion may be similar to Nivemus and has some of the deepest history.
  • Epponllyn, Obsidian Isles, and SHadowdale I can't really speak to. I imagine they are boring.
  • Fallangard, like Caligus, is centrally located and, since being allied with Xavax, gets in on a lot of the good battles, but is also sandwiched between two super powers.
  • Perdan if you like the idea of inheriting a history, along with its friends and foes.
  • Vix, Like Caligus, is centrally located, and a Republic where you can sway votes to get your way. Very close relationship with Perdan.
  • Minas Nova and Alara I am biased against. But outside thier war with Xavax, I don't believe they have much else fun going on
You may also want to read their wikis and forum threads for a better feel
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:02:29 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #7: October 10, 2016, 02:56:06 PM »
 ;)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 10, 2016, 02:57:17 PM »
I recommend Fallangard, Caligus.

Join Nivemus if you want quick lordship, there is region lordship for sale :P

I'm very curious as to why you would suggest Caligus? To me that would be one of the realms I'd suggest people not to go to along with Sirion and from what I hear from Zakky Perdan as well.

The war in the north I agree has gotten rather boring in terms of action. Oligarch can't venture out of the city without inciting an automatic 5k peasant militia mob so stay inside the city and the rest only prepares for yet another failed siege :p
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #9: October 10, 2016, 03:01:02 PM »
I'm very curious as to why you would suggest Caligus? To me that would be one of the realms I'd suggest people not to go to along with Sirion and from what I hear from Zakky Perdan as well.

The war in the north I agree has gotten rather boring in terms of action. Oligarch can't venture out of the city without inciting an automatic 5k peasant militia mob so stay inside the city and the rest only prepares for yet another failed siege :p

I see Caligus as having a lot of untapped potential. Sometimes I warm myself on cold nights with steamy thoughts of what Selenia might have done as High Queen...  ;D

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 10, 2016, 03:36:57 PM »

I see Caligus as having a lot of untapped potential. Sometimes I warm myself on cold nights with steamy thoughts of what Selenia might have done as High Queen...  ;D

In theory yes, but from what I do hear from there is that the realm is 'unchangeble' where the old guard players basically keep voting in the same ruler, same direction, same everything without ever taking risk. In theory Caligus could be an amazing flavor maker on the island, in reality it never really does.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 10, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
Perdan is a bit less interesting right now because we did have several very cool and interesting players quitting and Zakky joining.
But on the other hand, every active player who joins will have a lot opportunities to seize. For Perdan such ebbs and flows are a normal thing. I joined Perdan during a similar lull a while ago and it really helped propel my career when tides turned a bit later.

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: October 10, 2016, 09:48:23 PM »
Perdan is a bit less interesting right now because we did have several very cool and interesting players quitting and Zakky joining.

:o Did I make Perdan less fun? Madness!

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: October 10, 2016, 09:49:23 PM »

I lolled. ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 11, 2016, 03:28:19 AM »

In theory yes, but from what I do hear from there is that the realm is 'unchangeble' where the old guard players basically keep voting in the same ruler, same direction, same everything without ever taking risk. In theory Caligus could be an amazing flavor maker on the island, in reality it never really does.
If you want to roll down the group of old players, best to start with pouring new players into that realm. The more new players you have versus the old players, the more you can get control to vote in your choice in Government or power positions. I see lot of potential there, which is kinda wasted.

If you join Nivemus, besides region lordships where you are bound for quick region lordship promotion once you have enough Honor. There is another thing going on. My character Brock is fond of Roleplays, our region lords are considered as tribe chiefs. Ruler of Nivemus, Kronogos is considered as Chief of Tribes Chiefs, I think you get the idea. Should you have any question, do ask. I try to make the realm fun to play for everyone.

But on the other hand, every active player who joins will have a lot opportunities to seize. For Perdan such ebbs and flows are a normal thing. I joined Perdan during a similar lull a while ago and it really helped propel my career when tides turned a bit later.
Did I hear wrong? How come Perdan is less interesting? Anyway joining Perdan has its own perks, just like any other realms. I think many opportunity for careers promotions for new young nobles are what we all offering nowadays.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)