Author Topic: Darfix Portal  (Read 23628 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Darfix Portal
« Reply #60: October 06, 2017, 09:41:23 PM »
Yes? How else are they going to send portal event RPs? How else are they going to change things to make the RP come true?

I mean, don't the GMs have lesser powers? Aren't these powers sufficient for SOME potential outcomes? Switching RCs from different regions requires playing into the live code, sure, but not every portal event needs to have that effect. I won't presume to know what's in the gm toolbox, but surely there are some tools that could be used occasionally?

In this case, from what I'm told, the person just used it and left. Not many RPs were had in the region since.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: October 06, 2017, 09:43:09 PM »
Most of what GMs can do is...be Daimons, and send Event RP messages from their characters.

Oh, and have their family details hidden.

Not exactly tailor-made for running portal events in arbitrary regions on arbitrary continents.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: October 06, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
Most of what GMs can do is...be Daimons, and send Event RP messages from their characters.

Oh, and have their family details hidden.

Not exactly tailor-made for running portal events in arbitrary regions on arbitrary continents.

Since the wiki is mostly dead these days, I'm just gonna go and assume no one's made a record of what previous portal events have meant. Could you give a few further examples?

Can GMs spawn daimons? Because spawning some daimons, a daimon NPC troop leader, and using Event RPs, sounds like enough to me.

But maybe I'm not seeing the "cool" potential due to just not being aware of what kind of things were done in the past and thus what kind of things you'd be willing to do. I just remember being told that many times people don't even bother with RPing it, and that what happens is based on RPs, so...

I mean, I kinda like the concept behind it all, that some rare items can be used and have wild custom impacts, but the appreciation for it kind of sours when told that such power doesn't get the respect it would deserve, by players just using them without even bothering to put any RP around it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: October 23, 2017, 04:30:00 PM »
Ominous music

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: October 23, 2017, 05:15:13 PM »
So, as examples:

On East Continent portals were opened at the same time in Krimml and Akesh Temple. The outcome was that roleplay messages were sent out about white light covering the cities, and then when the light disappeared the recruitment centres from the two regions had been swapped with each other.

In Outer Tilog there's a portal at the moment - the roleplay done at the time had demons come througj the portal only to be berated by a drunkard for not being up to the standards of the good old days, prompting them to shamefacedly retreat into the portal only to be pursued by the drunkard and forced to come back and leave behind a statue of Despoina (a former judge of Outer Tilog) made of toe and fingernail clippings with some bits of toe and finger still attached. I expect the mechanic outcome of that portal will be creating a new monument/memorial in the region or something.

Those are the only two examples that come to mind for me, but they show some of the things that portals can be used for.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: November 24, 2017, 03:36:21 AM »
Maybe it can send all the monsters currently on Dwi to Outer Tilog. :P

CryptCypher

• Noble Lord
  • This is not the text you are looking for.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: November 24, 2017, 05:30:09 AM »
So, as examples:

On East Continent portals were opened at the same time in Krimml and Akesh Temple. The outcome was that roleplay messages were sent out about white light covering the cities, and then when the light disappeared the recruitment centres from the two regions had been swapped with each other.

In Outer Tilog there's a portal at the moment - the roleplay done at the time had demons come througj the portal only to be berated by a drunkard for not being up to the standards of the good old days, prompting them to shamefacedly retreat into the portal only to be pursued by the drunkard and forced to come back and leave behind a statue of Despoina (a former judge of Outer Tilog) made of toe and fingernail clippings with some bits of toe and finger still attached. I expect the mechanic outcome of that portal will be creating a new monument/memorial in the region or something.

Those are the only two examples that come to mind for me, but they show some of the things that portals can be used for.

That... *tear* Is glorious.
Apsu@Legends. BM: Yxevarii Auru'in, Grandmistress [Ruler;Priestess-Inquisitor] (Obia'Syela-BT); Sigrid Gudrun Auru'in, Avenging Exile of Xavax, Countess of Slimbar (Redhaven-EC);  Masalu Auru'in, Linguistically-Challenged Sumerian Death-Cultist (D'hara-DW)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: December 02, 2017, 12:03:39 AM »
Will it ever be resolved?
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: December 02, 2017, 02:24:58 AM »