Author Topic: What's Minas Thalion like?  (Read 26371 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: What's Minas Thalion like?
« Reply #45: April 17, 2012, 10:39:30 PM »
True, but the idea didn't die with him  8)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: May 15, 2012, 05:36:18 AM »
True, but the idea didn't die with him  8)
Good revolution idea. Now all we need are the men and tools to do it. Somebody in Assassins is planning something with MT ;)

Why MT still have not die? They lost Drenga region, left Koolaris, out of which they are smart to create a duchy 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: May 16, 2012, 01:13:38 AM »
Good revolution idea. Now all we need are the men and tools to do it. Somebody in Assassins is planning something with MT ;)

Why MT still have not die? They lost Drenga region, left Koolaris, out of which they are smart to create a duchy 8)

It only takes a couple of active players to keep a realm alive so long as they know what they're doing, and with Giblot giving up the ghost there's more space in the north-east to play with. I don't know if we can do more than hold a couple of regions though without a fresh injection of nobles.

Anyway, when's Oritolon going to retake Alowca? Or should Cathal come south and reassert his claims :)

egamma

« Reply #48: May 16, 2012, 02:23:17 PM »
It only takes a couple of active players to keep a realm alive so long as they know what they're doing, and with Giblot giving up the ghost there's more space in the north-east to play with. I don't know if we can do more than hold a couple of regions though without a fresh injection of nobles.

Anyway, when's Oritolon going to retake Alowca? Or should Cathal come south and reassert his claims :)

I'm trying to get OL moving, people seem to be a little slow to understand that the new estate system means that we can expand pretty rapidly now.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: May 16, 2012, 05:04:25 PM »
I'm trying to get OL moving, people seem to be a little slow to understand that the new estate system means that we can expand pretty rapidly now.

I'm just hoping everyone will leave MT alone for a while whilst I work on some ideas for new ways of playing the game. For one thing the new ability to raise militia directly from a region means cities are no longer as essential for recruiting, so the idea of a frontier realm seems a lot more plausible than when we made the trek north. And the new tax system means Cathal will have a legitimate income for the first time in many months :)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: May 17, 2012, 03:47:55 AM »

You know, the MT-Orit war earlier have make all Orit people grow older faster. Soon we are a bunch of old bones walking around ;)

The old leaders with the old understanding of game mechanism kinda slowdown our progress, isn't it? Time to put a new leader at the top and hasten our revolution within, shall we?  8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: May 17, 2012, 04:00:43 AM »
You know, the MT-Orit war earlier have make all Orit people grow older faster. Soon we are a bunch of old bones walking around ;)
The old leaders with the old understanding of game mechanism kinda slowdown our progress, isn't it? Time to put a new leader at the top and hasten our revolution within, shall we?  8)

And there was me thinking Rhiannon was young blood making a name for herself.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: May 18, 2012, 02:28:33 AM »
And there was me thinking Rhiannon was young blood making a name for herself.
Dont worry, Rhiannon is indeed a young blood making a name for herself. After all, if we cant beat her, better join her, right? ;)
Maybe Actrial will return as our next Ruler, considering the close election recently.

It seems the new estate change can save Minas Thalion in time, but Giblot is almost a foregone conclusion 8)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: May 19, 2012, 04:22:58 AM »
Dont worry, Rhiannon is indeed a young blood making a name for herself. After all, if we cant beat her, better join her, right? ;)
Maybe Actrial will return as our next Ruler, considering the close election recently.

It seems the new estate change can save Minas Thalion in time, but Giblot is almost a foregone conclusion 8)

The new estate system pays taxes in bonds, so we'll have to find a way to work around that. Pretty much everything else though is now doable without a city which I think is a great improvement. I'm still not sure quite what MT can do to rebuild our power but it should be an interesting learning curve :)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: May 24, 2012, 02:30:26 AM »
The new estate system pays taxes in bonds, so we'll have to find a way to work around that. Pretty much everything else though is now doable without a city which I think is a great improvement. I'm still not sure quite what MT can do to rebuild our power but it should be an interesting learning curve :)
I gonna have to give Minas Thalion credit where it is due. After all, MT being forced out of Alebad city at the south and venturing to the north, this turn out to be a good gambit.

When the Colonies map realignment dust settle down, we going see a lot of happening on Colonies island. I am keeping my fingers crossed ;)

The tax pay in bond part mystify me in the beginning. As I have no character on testing island and pretty much do explore things on my own. Curiousity does get better of me sometime :)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: May 24, 2012, 02:52:49 AM »
I gonna have to give Minas Thalion credit where it is due. After all, MT being forced out of Alebad city at the south and venturing to the north, this turn out to be a good gambit.

When the Colonies map realignment dust settle down, we going see a lot of happening on Colonies island. I am keeping my fingers crossed ;)

The tax pay in bond part mystify me in the beginning. As I have no character on testing island and pretty much do explore things on my own. Curiousity does get better of me sometime :)

I had a fortnight to test it out when Aoifa was deported - so thanks for that :)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: May 25, 2012, 08:50:12 AM »
I had a fortnight to test it out when Aoifa was deported - so thanks for that :)
Many people ask Ash to execute Aoifa when Aoifa got caught second time. As I play Ash as honorable and good character, he did not bow to them. Got 1 person even call Ash "A Judge who afraid to execute enemy" and have a few good laugh at Ash. Thus when come next Judge election, Ash majority vote lower but he scrapped through and win in Orit 8)

Perhaps one day will come when MT and Orit can be friend once again ::)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: May 25, 2012, 10:13:24 AM »
I always did think Ash was wasted on Oritolon. BTW the offer to May's still open if she fancies a vacation in the north ;)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: May 28, 2012, 02:42:27 AM »
I always did think Ash was wasted on Oritolon. BTW the offer to May's still open if she fancies a vacation in the north ;)
Heh. You look too highly of Ash :)

May might consider a vacation to the north. Her heart is pretty much disturbed :P

It might be good if Minas Thalion work more on Diplomacy with its neighbors, if you dont want any realm to come knocking before the rebuilding complete ;)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: May 28, 2012, 04:01:36 AM »
We've been getting ourselves settled and playing things low-key whilst we do so. Cathal's also trying not to get his friends amongst the Assassins fixed in Lukon's crosshairs whilst also not offending OT over his plan to turn Giblot's northern provinces into some semblance of a functioning realm. Until then diplomacy's a moot point.