Author Topic: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!  (Read 46613 times)

Gustav Kuriga

Re: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!
« Reply #105: April 18, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »
Hmmm... religion or guild, religion or guild...

Go with the guild. She already has her own religion really.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #106: April 24, 2011, 09:32:38 PM »
Leia's on hold until the summer. That'll give me enough time to work on her "comic" and get back to the usual cast of characters.

egamma

« Reply #107: May 15, 2011, 08:37:25 PM »
Leia's on hold until the summer. That'll give me enough time to work on her "comic" and get back to the usual cast of characters.

Is it time yet? I miss Leia!

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #108: June 02, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »
In case anyone actually wondered, yes, I was in fact drawing a comic. It's in yonkoma format because I like the style, in a similar fashion to Lucky Star and Working. You will see two columns with 4 panels in each column on a page. Read from the top panel to the bottom panel, starting with the right column first. Within each panel, read text from right to left, top to bottom. After reading to the bottom of the right column, move on to the left column.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonkoma In case anyone wanted Wikipedia's article.

This "comic" has bad art, yeah, I know, whatever. It also loosely follows the plot of this LP, and should not be taken as accurate reflections of in-game stuff. I think there are anachronisms in later pages. Updates will be about a page a week because I'm not a professional and I'm not exactly fast at drawing these. (Well, not quite, I'm just juggling applications for jobs and schools, and working on a separate more serious webcomic project). Images should be safe for work because I made Leia a barbie doll. There will be strategically placed censor bars when appropriate, but any nudity, actual or implied, is not meant to be distasteful but artistic, as !@#$ty as the art may be.

Anyway, last introductions: Since I consider this my fooling around drawing project, I'm not really concerned about how this is received. If you would like to offer constructive criticism, because, hey, gag comics deserve quality too, then go for it. If you want to flame, then enjoy yourself.

First page:

Credits for the template go to Langesha on Deviantart: http://langesha.deviantart.com/art/4koma-template-108188869
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:08:10 PM by Artemesia »

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: June 02, 2011, 05:56:40 PM »
Funny :)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #110: June 05, 2011, 04:07:20 PM »
I think I'll try to maintain a Sunday one page update, maybe. This is something I scribble when I have time, so no promises.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: June 05, 2011, 05:33:36 PM »
On picture #3 she's not even wearing panties  8)

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #112: June 05, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »
She'll have something to wear starting on page 4, definitely. Not next page though because I have the general idea already in mind and the stick figure sketch prepared. Just need to fill it out when I feel like it.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #113: June 12, 2011, 01:40:41 PM »
No, I haven't forgotten that there are zimbats in this universe.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #114: June 20, 2011, 04:11:31 AM »

At last...she gains some clothes.

egamma

« Reply #115: June 20, 2011, 03:00:54 PM »
shouldn't the one where she gets the clothes be on the left? I felt like I was reading them out of order.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #116: June 20, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »
"It's in yonkoma format because I like the style, in a similar fashion to Lucky Star and Working. You will see two columns with 4 panels in each column on a page. Read from the top panel to the bottom panel, starting with the right column first. Within each panel, read text from right to left, top to bottom. After reading to the bottom of the right column, move on to the left column."

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #117: June 21, 2011, 01:58:20 PM »
Gah, I just want to be done with this already.

Read from right to left, and up to down. That means start with the right column of four panels and read text from top to bottom, right to left. Basically, the opposite of western comics.

And Leia loses her clothes just as quickly. Thankfully there's a clothing store nearby.

And so she tries on various outfits.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #118: June 24, 2011, 10:45:23 PM »
Instructions for reading: It's in yonkoma format because I like the style, in a similar fashion to Lucky Star and Working. You will see two columns with 4 panels in each column on a page. Read from the top panel to the bottom panel, starting with the right column first. Within each panel, read text from right to left, top to bottom. After reading to the bottom of the right column, move on to the left column.

Leia sneaks around, and we now know how she actually gathered all her kegs of beer.

Remember: Don't drink and adventure.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #119: June 28, 2011, 06:59:43 PM »
Heck yeah, I finished this thing before the month was over.

Instructions for reading: It's in yonkoma format because I like the style, in a similar fashion to Lucky Star and Working. You will see two columns with 4 panels in each column on a page. Read from the top panel to the bottom panel, starting with the right column first. Within each panel, read text from right to left, top to bottom. After reading to the bottom of the right column, move on to the left column.

Omake page: