Author Topic: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!  (Read 46423 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play the Colonial Adventurer!
« Reply #30: March 08, 2011, 05:24:20 PM »
Indeed, that adventurer is obviously the High Commander of the Seventh Anti-Zimbat Legion.

Monsters and undead are not Zimbats, but they are protecting the Ancient Zimbat Evil.

Leia should commend the other adventurer (the High Commander) on his loyalty to the Free Imperium, offer him some Holy Beeswax, demand his fealty, and then assist in the hunt ASAP.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #31: March 08, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
And so Leia responds.

After reading the letters, Leia proceeded to write a response. Thankfully her writing was a lot clearer than her speech:

High Commander of the Seventh Anti-Zimbat Legion,

I admire your courage in fighting the guard dogs who protect the Ancient Zimbat Evil. Perhaps you may find some assistance in the form of my Holy Beeswax? I shall impart to you one Lump of Wax for a Portal Stone. And now to show my dedication to this cause, I shall assist you in the hunt. But I am dead tired, so if I cannot continue after a short while you know the reason.

For the sanctity of freedom from fear of the Evil Zimbat!

Leia, Exiled Former Empress of the Celestial Kingdom of Yoruanletozaf

And afterwards she decided to hunt down those monsters, charging in with a furious "Aiyiyiyiyiyiyi!" (Xena style)

After searching the area for 2 hours, following trails and noises, you finally encounter a small group of monsters.
The battle rages, you against the monsters. Your blows land true and you strike most of them down, while a few manage to flee.
In the lair of the monsters, you find valuables and treasures worth a total of 4 silver.

With a triumphant thrust of her stick into a monster's eye socket, Leia gave the information for the next group to the High Commander Jepel.

====================

Now that Leia has 6 silver, she can buy combat gear. It's really cheap here at 4 silver right now. This is a steal. Shall we buy?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:45:08 PM by Artemesia »

egamma

« Reply #32: March 08, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »
Leia can't properly defend herself against zimbats with only her stick, so she should buy combat gear.

(Also, I used to play an advy in the colonies. You get 16 hours a day, and can have a max of 16 in your time pool.)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #33: March 08, 2011, 09:26:08 PM »
16 a day? Whoa?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #34: March 08, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »
I should note that the reason Leia was so brave this time was because all Commanders and above of the Anti-Zimbat Legion provide a bonus to courage. So driven in her zeal, Leia ignored her fears and fought monsters with a stick. Don't expect the same results otherwise.

egamma

« Reply #35: March 09, 2011, 06:50:36 AM »
16 a day? Whoa?

...right? On the other continents, priests/advies get 24 hours in 24, and in the colonies, 16 in 24. I played an advy myself, and she's now a priestess, and I can confirm that she's getting about 12 hours at 44 years of age.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #36: March 09, 2011, 11:33:31 AM »
Interesting, I would've assumed they just get 12 hours a day, one every two hours. :)

Is Leia rested yet?  She should try looking and see if there are still lots of militia/peasants disturbing her.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #37: March 09, 2011, 12:28:42 PM »
Leia appears to get twelve (12) hours a day. She regens every even hour.

She also has 24 fatigue now because she failed against group 5. Apparently the low quality underwear she bought to raise her combat gear to 6% wasn't enough.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: March 09, 2011, 08:38:40 PM »
Low quality underwear?

She bought herself some panties?

Leia now refers to weapons and armor as "panties."
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #39: March 09, 2011, 08:42:20 PM »
Well, before the 5% was contributed by the stick. The extra 1% came from cloth underwear. Let's not think too hard on it. Also, we're down to 1 silver now. 10 hours, 24 fatigue. From the wiki table, it seems like sleeping on the floor would still leave about 3 fatigue with 16 hours sleep. She can't afford better, has no bedroll/tents, and can't afford other resting options. So sleeping on the floor is the best we have.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #40: March 09, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
Leia sleeps on the floor, watching ants dance as she drifts off into space.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #41: March 09, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
But we're in the desert! Oasis! Whatever Irdalni is. It says Badlands but it looks like a desert with palm trees. Do ants live there? And what if they crawl into her beautiful red hair and her new low quality cloth panties?

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: March 09, 2011, 09:54:41 PM »
They WILL crawl into her hair: they are Zimbat minions trying to steal the Sacred Imperial Beeswax.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #43: March 09, 2011, 09:56:52 PM »
Update: Leia is fully rested and ready to go! Also at 2 hours she found a sage.

You have encountered a sage, a wise man, rumoured by many to have magical powers. He and his kind are the only people capable of repairing and sometimes even improving unique items.

Since you do not have any damaged unique items, the sage can not offer you any repairs.

And so Leia and the sage shook their heads at each other and went their separate ways.

Oh yeah, and monsters started appearing.

Monsters!
Monsters have been seen in the region of Irdalni.
The local population is requesting help and fears that the monsters will eat their food and destroy their houses.

So there are monsters around, and Leia has no silver. What to do?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:51:47 PM by Artemesia »

egamma

« Reply #44: March 10, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »
So there are monsters around, and Leia has no silver. What to do?

Hunt undead, as the monsters are trying to distract you from their plans.