Author Topic: Lurian Empire  (Read 60258 times)

Carna

• Noble Lord
  • Not always sober
    • View Profile
Re: Lurian Empire
« Reply #150: August 19, 2011, 04:16:18 AM »
Third, no one in Luria seized anything besides the opportunity  ;)

Very true. Not often you see a realm trying to extort concessions in return for a region that flipped loyalties. When I first heard about it I was impressed. Makes that sort of thing far more interesting, unlike times such as when Madina flipped to D'Hara. Kudos to whoever pushed for more than just letting the region go rogue :)

Finton.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: August 19, 2011, 04:24:58 AM »
Then offer your kudos to Amaury, and a little to Koli.  Both kinda went "hm..." after some thought, but I believe Sacha pushed it first.  Koli came up with some of the curlicues.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: August 19, 2011, 04:51:12 AM »
What surprises me about the whole Port Nebel thing was that has soon as Terran found out we mobilized an army whereas D'hara just asked if anyone's having rogue troubles cause their army has nothing to do. It's like terran cares more that a D'haran city has been taken hostage than D'hara does..
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: August 19, 2011, 04:57:11 AM »
The Lurian Hegemony spreads....

At this rate, we may actually have to include Asylon in the Véinsørmoot to preserve a balance of powers!

Glaumring just died of happiness  ;D

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: August 19, 2011, 04:57:45 AM »
vanKaya, question for you...If D'hara were as well organized as all that...Would they have lost Port Nebel in the first place?
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: August 19, 2011, 05:47:33 AM »
vanKaya, question for you...If D'hara were as well organized as all that...Would they have lost Port Nebel in the first place?

You try feeding a realm that consists mostly of large cities and that is neighbored by a GM realm with infinite amounts of gold to pay the food that would otherwise go to you, and this at ridiculous prices.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: August 19, 2011, 07:21:56 AM »
Glaumring just died of happiness  ;D

I was thinking of Moving the entire realm of Asylon below the Zuma lands, physically by using thousands of Terran slaves.... 8)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: August 19, 2011, 07:30:19 AM »
Chenier, you do realize that I played a Duke and Council member in D'hara before, yes?  I am quite familiar with the problems, and I am equally familiar with how to deal with them.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: August 19, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »
Now now, Chenier.

You opted not to buy Madina's food because it was too expensive also.

So, really - maybe you're just not offering enough ;)

I mean, you DO just have mostly cities. . .you ought to have lots of gold to give us rural-region heavy realms :D    Send less gold to Barca, more to Madina and you'll have that food.

I jest of course, no one can compete with the crazy prices the Zuma offer.

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: August 19, 2011, 07:37:30 AM »
I jest of course, no one can compete with the crazy prices the Zuma offer.

Barca and Terran are more than willing to sell D'hara food ahead of the Zuma. Terran may not always have crazy surplus but it's certainly something. And Barca with Kydonia is certainly gonna have plenty to trade.

And yet, as far as how it look from the outside, d'hara's dragging their feet signing onto the federation.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: August 19, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »
Back to the Lurias, I have been doing a little research on its Symbols, and we can find not many of them:

First banner of Pian en Luries, under King Kaennji: http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa61/_Saigan_/DwilightBanner01-1.png
It depicts the Phoenix, which I think could be used to symbolize the Greater Luria. The civil wars tradition make it a very fit symbol.

Second banner of Pian en Luries, under Queen Alanna: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/images/Pian_en_Luries_New_Banner.jpg
It depicts a Rising Sun and a Griffin. The Rising Sun is more than appropriate for the Duchy of Poryatown, which should also inherit two Quills in its shield (for being home to Keepers of Lore and Poryatown Press, major Lurian academic centers). The Griffin could be dropped for representing the still-alive Alanna.

Askileon Crest, according to the wiki: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/images/Askileon_crest.png
I don't know if this is still being used, but I feel it could be dropped,  as there are no references to lions or three crosses anywhere in the Lurias (I haven't found them, correct me if I'm wrong).

Banner of Luria Nova, under King Fulco: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/images/LN.png
Maybe he could explain the symbolism, and if we are keeping the Red and Blue colors, with the Double-Headed Eagle. It could end up as the symbol for the Duchy of Giask.

Third and current banner of Pian en Luries, under the Manifest Path: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/images/PeL.png
The full/midday sun is pretty clear, and the Duchy of Askileon could inherit it for a symbol.

Shinnen still needs symbols in order to make its own banner.

Ideas? Suggestions? Critics?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: August 19, 2011, 11:53:15 AM »
aaaand... another lurian civil war. :P
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: August 19, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
aaaand... another lurian civil war. :P

It's a lurian tradition

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: August 19, 2011, 01:17:01 PM »
Plus its fun :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: August 19, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
It's a lurian tradition
This should go on the wiki....
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm